The Wrestling World Has Changed: A 2001 WWF / WCW / ECW Story

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Each brand can be different but I'm having them all the same product since it's fine as is.

Reactions: Daddy Deville

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I'll read and review show here a little bit later. But for now some news

Hardcore Holly Was Fined for a Fight with Johnny Ace before the show.

Jeff Hardy was marked for Hard Drugs. Given a fine and reportedly unhappy about it; Matt Hardy heard to be happy about it, wanting Jeff to stop taking drugs.

Justin Credible marked for Hard Drugs. Given a fine.

Now some really huge breaking news

WWE has come to an agreement to share talent with:

New Japan Pro Wrestling

All Japan Pro Wrestling

All Japan Women's Pro Wrestling

Reactions: BattleTank

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Jesus drugs a prpblem

BattleTank

What A Maneuver!
Reaction score
Was actually a bit surprised only two guys had a drug problem this week. I was expecting the usual suspects. Gotta find a way to curb the party atmosphere backstage :lol

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Hire New Jack that will solve it

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
New Jack vs. Terry Funk tho :banderas:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I marked hard for the Impact players :mark:

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
The Blaze Effect
Brandon Blaze

Alright so, we are BACK with some fire ass reviews, and I say fire because we're talking about ECW Wednesday Night Heat. So, let's talk about it.

ECW opens with Shane letting us know that the ECW World Title Tournament is seeing some changes, with both new seeding and participants. He let's us know the main event is Sabu vs Eddie Guerrero. Which I think has a chance to be a GREAT main event, but more on that when we get there. These changes clearly because of recent shake ups among the roster, so they had to do what they had to do, to get the changes out there.

Now match wise, first up tonight we have Super Crazy vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr. which this is Super Crazy's debut in this new ECW. Really great match between the two, crowd seemed into it, I was into it, I honestly felt Chavo was about to win this one, but out of nowhere Super Crazy pulled off the win and boy, I tell you, I actually like that. Helps build a new star, and gets the ball rolling good.

We then see James Mitchell backstage with someone who, I've seen around doing his thing on the independent scene, as well as a few times on WCW programming,. Mitchell hypes the man up, saying that his man is just as sinister as him. Just as I thought it was, it was indeed Christopher Daniels. I look forward to this paring, Daniels I feel is someone who can go far in this business. I've loved what I have seen from him. So this is going to be a good fun pairing.

Next up we have The Hardy Boyz w/ Lita vs. The Holly Cousins in a match that, really does hit with ECW in my opinion. This match had exactly what I wanted from the two teams, great action and plenty of great spots. The crowd seemed into it. ECW is doing things right. Match ends with a victory from the Hardyz

After the match while the Hardyz are celebrating their win, we see three people walking backstage, two of whom had on boots, and one who had on some high heels, as well as some kendo sticks. They are walking and talking about how ECW needs them or else the fans will get bored, and out from the curtain comes The Impact Players which gets a HUGE pop from the crowd, as they start to chant ECW. Clearly they love this. All three of them, make their way to the ring and star to attack The Hardyz and Lita, BUT THEN, the Dudley Boys come out to make the save and grab some tables. Sitting two in up different corners of the ring, and one in the center of the ring. Lance Storm is placed in the table in the middle of the ring, and we see a SICK Swanton Bomb from Jeff Hardy. We get some celebrating going on before GORE GORE GORE!! Rhino straight up gores Matt Hardy through a table Jeff then gets up and he is also hit by a gore. The crowd is going BALL SHIT CRAZY at this point, god it's amazing, I'm sitting at home enjoying the choas I'm seeing, it's wonderful. But we aren't done yet, as then out of nowhere the Dudley's start to join in and beat down the Hardyz as well with the Impact Players and Rhino. Things are getting out of hand, Bubba talks shit to them calling them pieces of shit. The FCC won't be happy about that one, but I personally don't give a shit myself. Just when it seems all hope is lost, Sandman's theme hits, as he and Tommy Dreamer run out to chase away The Dudley Boys, Rhino, and Impact Players. But leaving behind Dawn Marie who is in a cat fight with Lita, man this shit was just wild. Justin Credible is able to save Dawn from the beat down as Lita starts yelling at her. Man, this I don't think will be topped tonight.

We then get Styles and Heyman talking about what happened, with Heyman thinking that Sandman and Dreamer should've stayed out of it, with Styles saying that's what ECW is all about, no matter what Heyman thinks. Which I got to agree, that was the best shit I've seen in awhile.

Okay, now that everything is calmed down, we cut backstage to Light Heavyweight Champion Jerry Lynn, who is getting ready for his match that's coming up later. RVD then comes into the scene and shoots down Lynn, telling him he needs to drop the belt so someone who deserves it can have it and just hang his boots up because he doesn't got it anymore. I'm wondering where this will go, maybe just maybe Lynn will cost RVD a certain match....

Which leads me to talking about how we find out that next week RVD and Chris Benoit will fight in the main event, as part of the ECW World Heavyweight Championship Tournament. I think these two can be, one hell of a match. So I truly look forward to it.

We then get Taz to a pretty huge pop from the crowd. He talks about ECW, saying he eats sleeps breaths ECW. He's also happy Shane is the guy running the show, but then we get some music, and out comes Shane Douglas. Douglas cuts into Shane O Mac, saying that Shane has no idea how to run ECW, which leads to Taz telling him he better shut up or get choked out, which the fans LOVE. Douglas says one day Taz is going to "run into a brick wall." Taz getting pissed, and Douglas realized this and dropped the micophone, not wanting any of Taz. I loved this, great great stuff here, really helping get both man over. ECW, wow they are bringing the fight this week. Not sure how this show will be topped.

Next we get Jerry Lynn vs. Mikey Whipwreck, and this match was decent, I enjoyed some of it, but I could've went without it also, surely after the great stuff we've had up to this point. Jerry Lynn did pick up the win here,

We see that ECW Heatwave is coming in August, I look forward to that.

So we then see Shane O Mac backstage, and he talks about the great Tag Teams that ECW has, so he has decided it's time to bring back the ECW Tag Titles, which I love this idea. I love great tag team wrestling, and they need some shit to fight over, so damn happy to see the titles coming back.

We then get an interview with Eddie Guerrero by Kevin Kelly. Kevin goes onto ask him about Sabu, and Eddie doesn't seem to be scared of him, in fact he says he's sure he's going to win, and win the whole tournament to win the ECW Title. Strong words from him, and we don't got to wait long to see if he can back it up, as that match is NEXT!

This match was amazing, Eddie and Sabu tore the house down, and both men seemed as if they could win it at any second, but after over twenty minutes, Eddie finally pulled out the win. These two man, damn I loved it. I could've watched at least, five more minutes of that action. Great great shit from them. Eddie declares he's gonna win it all, once again as the show is going off the air and we see the following on tap for next week.

ECW World Heavyweight Championship Tournament
Chris Benoit vs. RVD

Fallout from Tag Team Mayhem!

Gregory Helms in Action!

Shane McMahon Major Announcement!

Overall, this show was one of the BEST yet, and ECW might slowly rise to the top as the top brand going foward. They had it all tonight. I loved it.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
BRANDON BLAZE BACK WITH SOME HUGE BREAKING NEWS!

I have gotten word, that RVD is going to WCW this upcoming week. He will also continue an angle with ECW until Slamboree, and at that point he will be FULL TIME in WCW. This is a huge shake up, and surely will change some things down the line.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
It's back, babies.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
[At some point - I may need to find out some free agents, both wrestlers and non-wrestlers.]

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I feel Juice's involvement is going to be fire and shoot this thing into a new level.