The Wrestling World Has Changed: A 2001 WWF / WCW / ECW Story

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Na player I don't need him I got someone else I mind :stephena:
Of course you do. Never want nothing from nobody. :smh

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Rodney Mack is being pushed as a jobber btw. :draper2

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Really awesome first show. Formatting rules Grim, it's really easy to read. I had a good laugh when I read the Flair segment and scrolled down and saw that 49 :DEAD: I can't wait to see the rest. Also, EC don't forget I'm your consultant :side:

Also I think it's perfectly fair to criticize stuff in the game like ratings (both TV and actual segment ones) being unrealistic and all too...just don't be offended when I call stuff trash when it is...factually trash at least by the game's standards :lmao But also just keep in mind that there's a lot of stuff in wrestling that we've had high expectations for and been disappointed at the result bc sometimes things just don't "click"

Grim you mostly just gotta be careful and not do shit like I would do by accident that was impossible to explain in kayfabe like fucking up the order of segments or shit :TI: You don't smoke tho so you're probably good there. Plus I have a flexible headcanon anyway so it'll take a lot for me to not being able to explain away

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
The Blaze Effect
Brandon Blaze

Oh we got a new era in the world of wrestling, as many of you know we now have the brand of WWF, WCW, and ECW. Now I don't know how many of you watched Raw last night but we got a lot to run down to get you all caught up.

First, we start off Raw with Mr. McMahon and Stone Cold coming down to the ring for all of the fall out of WrestleMania. He goes on to say how he's glad to have been able to keep Austin in the WWF or as he calls him Mr. Austin. At this pont he talks about how they don't have a challenger for him, and at the approvl of Mr. Austin, names four people who will fight at King of the Ring, with the winner earning the right to face Stone Cold. Those four people being. Kane, The Undertaker, Goldust, and BIll Goldberg. So right off the bat we got some heavy hitters in line to try to be the one to face the Rattlesnake. But that leaves one problem. Austin has no one to face at King of the Ring, and Mr.McMahon was just about to give Austin that night off.....but theeeeeeeeeeen.

Cue DDP's music. That's right, DDP makes his way out to way down to the ring, fans really getting behind the guy who was dubbed The People's Chamion of WCW. Which leads to Mr. McMahon asking DDP just what theh ell he thinks he's doing, and DDP wants to help him out with Austin's problem of not having anyone to fight at King of the Ring. Mr. McMahon doesn't like the idea, but Austin speaks up, saying it doesn't matter when it is if it's a fight he wants' it's a fight he'll get. BUT there ends up being a catch. To earn that shot at the title he has to beat The Undertaker later on in the show. If he does that, he gets Austin at King of the Ring.

I got to say, I quite enjoyed this, it really helps get DDP out there for the WWF crowd, and helps build him up as a future player for the company.

We then get a backstage Segment that deals with Val Venis and Buff Bagwell backstage with Sunny who seems to be with them now. They brag about stealing Chris Candido's girl, and Val even plugs his new "movie" Sunny Side Up. Honestly this is what you've come to expect from the WWF, and from Val Venis as well. With the addition of Buff and Sunny to the mix I think we have a pairing that can, really hit the ground running so to say. I look forward to seeing what comes of this.

Next up we have a match for the European Championship with Champion Dean Malenko taking on Fit Finaly. Now this is a match that I honestly haven't been wanting to see, but I got to applude both guys for putting on a pretty solid match up, despite the crowd not seeming to into it. I personally wouldn't mind seeing them lock up again but that's just me. Some fans might disagree but hey we all have our opinions.

Now, for some reason the WWF thought it would be smart to team up Ric and Daivd Flair together. I really feel this is going to be bad for Ric, cause he's one of if not the greatest superstar of all time. He's done it all, and at his age he still has what people like to call IT. His son David however, really isn't that great. Who knows, maybe working this closely with his dad will actually help him out. I guess we just got to see how it plays out but I'm honestly not holding out much hope for it.

Which leads us to a match between The Flair Family taking on The Godfather & Disco Inferno. Oh boy and the crowd ate David up out there, they are totally not behind this either, which I can't say I blame them for how they reacted. I hope and pray David takes this and actually takes the time to improve, because he's not going to have it easy given his last name.

Next on tap was Chris Jericho storming into Mr. McMahon'S office, feeling disrespected that Goldust was in the #1 Contender's match, and he was not. Vince tried to explain how he was going to be in King of the Ring, but Jericho didn't want to hear it. So next week on Raw, we'll see Chris Jericho take on Goldust and if Jericho wins, he will take the place of Goldust in the match.

We then get a highlight video, going over the career of The Filthy Animals, Konnan and Rey Mysterio. They run down what they did in WCW and really tried getting them over. But the crowd just didn't seem to into it. Only time will tell what's going to happen for them both.

Oh we then get a pretty good match for the WWF Intercontinental Championship between Kane and William Regal. This was a match I quite enjoyed and the crowd actually enjoyed this one as well. The match saw William Regal using brass knuckles to put away Kane, to win the Intercontinental Championship.

We then get a pretty funny segment with Scott Steiner at a gym, talking about how he is so large, and how other men envy him. We also see him checking out Chyna. I really hope they got something planned with these two because I think it would be a pretty funny and great pairing.

We then move onto a match with Raven and Stevie Richards. That for some reason during it, Raven was telling Stevie to come home, which was a bit confusing, but Raven was able to pick up the win over him, so maybe it was to play mind games. Who knows.

Now we see two people who are very fimilar with each other, DDP and Hulk Hogan going face to face backstage. Hogan questioning why he thinks he's worthy of fighting Austin and says it should be him who gets the shot. Which leads to DDP saying that if he beats Undertaker tonight, he'll put his shot on the line next week against Hollywood Hogan.

Oh this next match was honestly hard to watch, and I won't blame the tag team of Orton and Jindrak for how bad it was, as they honestly clicked together as a team pretty good, so look forward to what they can do. They made some quick work of Nick Dinsmore and Lance Cade.

Mr. Perfect and Chris Jericho put on one of my favorite matches of the night, being a fan of both of these guys I honestly knew this would be good when it was announced. So I'm happy to say I wasn't let down by it at all. Was happy to see Jericho go over here, which is smart when you are leading into his match with Goldust the following week, you really want to make him look good and that they did.

Now it's time for the match we've been waiting for since the start of the show, Uundertaker vs DDP. At this point I've been midly entertained from Raw, they are a few moments I personally could've done with out but it is what it is. Let's get to the main event.

DDP and Undertaker go out there, they put on a really great match that honestly in my eyes deserves a rewatch. Now of course we got to adavance stories here, and they got to have DDP win the match. But at the same time they got to protect The Undertaker. Which leads to the ref being knocked out. At that point Goldberg comes into the ring and hits the Speak on Undertaker as he was trying to do the last ride. Which leads to DDP getting the win, but Undertaker did kick out just at three which helps keep him protected. Which as I said is very smart.

Raw ends in a pretty crazy brawl as Undertaker and Goldberg going at it outside the ring, while Austin comes into the ring to attempt a Stunner, but DDP is able to get the upper hand and hit the Dimond Cutter on Austin.

All in all a pretty decent Raw, that could've been better but a nice start for the new era that we're in.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Oh man I can't wait to go rogue and SHOOT on Blaze as Heyman is he insults ECW :mark:

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Oh man I can't wait to go rogue and SHOOT on Blaze as Heyman is he insults ECW :mark:
This is the greatest day in the history of our sport.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I expect Blaze to be bias towards WCW like Uncle Dave is to the orient. :jade

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
If I can pull the curtain back a bit, I think this style of writing (using tables to mark the change in segment) works wonders for me and not having to be extremely detailed on everything including matches (my main bane as a writer) gives me a little more freedom to inject some character into the show. I enjoyed writing this and I know I'll enjoy writing for ECW and WCW when Smark and I give me their first show drafts.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I'm always more of a segment, angles and finishes guy myself. I never liked to write actual matches out.

The boxes format looks fantastic. The whole piece looked well structured. I enjoyed it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
If I can pull the curtain back a bit, I think this style of writing (using tables to mark the change in segment) works wonders for me and not having to be extremely detailed on everything including matches (my main bane as a writer) gives me a little more freedom to inject some character into the show. I enjoyed writing this and I know I'll enjoy writing for ECW and WCW when Smark and I give me their first show drafts.

My attention span likes these a lot too. No offense to the guys that write a lot because they're obviously amazing and I know this bc I sit and read every bit of it still, but it is nice to be able to get through a whole show quicker :lmao The interactivity of this will help me "get into" this like I am those longer written ones without you having to write a ton of details IMO Grim

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I figured that way I had Goldberg come in was a pretty good way to introduce the WWF to Goldberg by going after the biggest name in the company

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Is there any particular reason Goldberg has debuted in the World Wrestling Federation as a heel? :stephena: