The WPC Grand Champion 2020 is Announced.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Davey Wrestling

Does AEW have your attention now?!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa

Lh9ZjrDB_o.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to our 2020 WPC Grand Champion Celebration.

Over 2020 we have seen 28 competitors, make 2233 predictions on 22 events across 5 different wrestling promotions. We have seen nine individuals hold the World Prediction Championship across fourteen separate championship reigns and as a forum we have made 1314 correct predictions. It all culminates with this, the crowning of the 2020 WPC Grand Champion.

It all began with a hastily put together idea back on April 4th at Wrestlemania 36. Since that time what started out as an idea has become a phenomenom. The World Prediction Championship has evolved both into the name of the competition and complexity but one principle has remained the same. The person with the most correct predictions wins.

At our very first event our first World Champion was crowned. Booty made the most correct predictions and goes down in history as being the very first person to ever hold the World Prediction Championship. His 36 day reign is still the record for being the longest World Prediction Championship reign in history.

That is not the only record that has been created this year however. The individual with the most successful World Prediction Championiship defenses is the reigning WPC Champion, Chris - while those two successful defenses may not seem like a lot, it's a record that has stood since October and doesn't seem likely to be broken any time soon.

This year we saw Blaze become the first person to ever win the Championship on three separate occasions, with his first victory being the one that ended Bootys record breaking title reign.

We have seen 8 people score perfect rounds during an event, but only HoHo has achieved that feat more than once.

Across August and September we ran our first ever player vs player competition when we introduced the inaugural King of the Ring tournament.
The eventual winner claimed the crown of King of the Ring for one calandar year as well as a World Prediction Championship match. King Raidokken did not waste the opportunity and claimed his second World Prediction Championship by ending Blaze's third championship reign.This kicked off our player vs player championship matches and also necessitated the creation of a new title...

At the beginning of October we introduced The Open the Prediction Championship. This is the title that signifies the number one contendership to the World Prediction Championship and, of the three individuals to hold that title so far, two have successfully claimed the World Prediction Championship to go along side it. The third will challenge for the WPC Championship once more at the first event of 2020.

This brings us to December. Across the month we have crowned our Divisional Champions for each of the promotions/divisions we have predicted on this year. You can view all of them, along with the top 5 performers in each division, by clicking here: https://wrestlingsmarks.com/threads/championship-history.113812/post-1712437.

Next years competition will run from January to December. Twelve months. The target is to prediction on a minimum of five events each for each of our five promotions and, once more, we will determine the greatest professional wrestling predictor in the entirety of the internet.

But, none of this is what you came for....

9uc2kb4h_o.png

What you've come for is to find out who was the most consistant predictor over the past season. Who was right more often and consistantly than anyone else. Who knew what you didn't and claimed the grandest prize in the game because of it.

Well wait no more.

Ladies and Gentlemen, your....

R04JcW8r_o.png

1891.jpg

Chris!!!

WPC END OF SEASON RANKINGS 2020

q2kM9Id1_o.png

So, congratulations to Chris. Not only is he a two time World Prediction Champion but he is THE GRAND CHAMPION 2020.
I've included everybody that made any predictions this season in the end of season rankings so that we can all see how we did against everybody that has ever predicted.

I hope you enjoyed our game. If you've got any ideas for how to improve/mix things up for season 2 post in this thread about it and we'll see what everybody thinks.

Thankyou all for playing. Our new season is due to start with Wrestle Kingdom on January 4th (assuming no COVID Vacine created zombie appocolypse has taken place by then).

I'm going to leave you with this video. A celebration of our champions of 2020. Give it a watch then have a nice Christmas and a happy new year. Goodbye and goodnight!

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
:garrett2

Thanks a lot for running this Davey, this was a ton of fun.

Reactions: Carter and Doom

Davey Wrestling

Does AEW have your attention now?!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Dude, if I didn't have "the real world" to get on with then this would be an absolute pleasure to run!

Still trying to work out whether people are watching the videos (It will save me time if they aren't but I like the idea of them) and what works and what doesn't (hence the request for ideas) but hopefully people enjoy joining in.

I've seen some peeps talk about the way it works now. Personally I think earning a title shot gives the whole thing more of a videogame type feel but, if that's not what people want, we'll go back to the previous method.

Likewise the "title for the highest scorer" theory was brought up by Lethal Banks, if that's the way we want to go then thats' ok too.

This lets me be involved in the forum in a (hopefully) meaningful way and lets me develop/utilise some of my data skills at the same time.

I hope everybody enjoyed it and, if they didn't, I hope they tell us why so that we can improve moving forwards :)

Reactions: Carter and Doom

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Dude, if I didn't have "the real world" to get on with then this would be an absolute pleasure to run!

Still trying to work out whether people are watching the videos (It will save me time if they aren't but I like the idea of them) and what works and what doesn't (hence the request for ideas) but hopefully people enjoy joining in.

I've seen some peeps talk about the way it works now. Personally I think earning a title shot gives the whole thing more of a videogame type feel but, if that's not what people want, we'll go back to the previous method.

Likewise the "title for the highest scorer" theory was brought up by Lethal Banks, if that's the way we want to go then thats' ok too.

This lets me be involved in the forum in a (hopefully) meaningful way and lets me develop/utilise some of my data skills at the same time.

I hope everybody enjoyed it and, if they didn't, I hope they tell us why so that we can improve moving forwards :)

I'm kinda content with whatever tbh so I'm good with going with what the majority of the forum wants too.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Chris is the prediction King this year.

Reactions: Chris and Doom

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I'm really happy there was still an overall year champion. Congratulations, Chris. Well earned.

Reactions: Chris

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Congrats @Chris Kringle on becoming the first WPC Grand Champion!

bb2.png

And many thanks to @Davey Wrestling on running this. It's been a lot of fun and it was a huge success.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
Congrats to Chris for the overall victory, and shout out to Davey for running the whole shebang.

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Chris cheated. I object

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Carter

Capomandamento, Underboss, Consigliere, Three Captain's
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
7XxpBMv
Favorite Wrestler
pac
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Thank you @Davey Wrestling for taking time out of you're schedule to put this sweet game up for us, long may it continue" Thanks davey"

Hope you have a safe and good Xmas bro,

Carter.

Carter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
7XxpBMv
Favorite Wrestler
pac
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Reactions: RDK

Carter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
7XxpBMv
Favorite Wrestler
pac
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Totally agree with @Lethal Banks about a TV title, soundsa sweet idea, lethal bro.

Also I know I asked a while back @Davey Wrestling but could we try a tag tourney and you pit the players together so there isn't any disadvantage to say the top player or the bottom player, could be fun, also can we do our own little promo to express our players points of view heel or face or even a tweener role they're doing , bro.

Think it would be cool , look forward to hearing other members roles.

Once again, thanks davey for letting me join earlier this year , I missed a couple due to a family member being really unwell, but I've took as much time as I need to help my family memeber get back to as best they can be ( God willing )

Have a sweet Xmas to all members and a have a safe new year.