The World's End

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The_World%27s_End_poster.jpg

The World's End

Release Date:
August 23, 2013 (US), August 1, 2013 (Australia), July 19, 2013 (UK)
Director:
Edgar Wright
Screenwriter: Simon Pegg, Edgar Wright
Starring:
Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Martin Freeman

Plot: Five friends who reunite in an attempt to top their epic pub crawl from 20 years earlier unwittingly become humankind's only hope for survival.

This is the third film in the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy. It started with Shaun of the Dead in 2004 they followed it up with Hot Fuzz in 2007 and now after six long years we get The World's End. I couldn't care less what the plot is for this I was going to see it anyway. The first two films are fantastic comedies and I had to see how they end it. The plot does sound like a bit of fun and with the cast that they have it should be an entertaining film.

Anyone else going to see this and have others seen Shaun of the Dead and/or Hot Fuzz?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah am a big fan of the partnership and their very dry yet odd ball brand of comedy.

Think Wright is a very sharp director and the characters and comedy have been very impressive. Will be interested to see if I warm to Pegg's character as much this time as some reviews have said that he is much more unlikeable. Am going Wednesday and can't wait.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I just wish they would stop using the damned fence gag.

As much as I like the team, I cant help but get the feeling that this is Shaun of the Dead with alien robots. Hot Fuzz was different enough that it didn't really bother me, but from the trailer I just cant seem to get too excited.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

As much as I like the team, I cant help but get the feeling that this is Shaun of the Dead with alien robots. Hot Fuzz was different enough that it didn't really bother me, but from the trailer I just cant seem to get too excited.

I get what you mean but I guess SOTD blended romance more with the horror and comedy, where as this may focus more on the comedy element with a bit of horror. Also I don't think three movies is really enough to get bored of something.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I get what you mean but I guess SOTD blended romance more with the horror and comedy, where as this may focus more on the comedy element with a bit of horror. Also I don't think three movies is really enough to get bored of something.

Did I say I was bored? I said I don't want to see the same damned movie over again with alien robots in place of zombies. If you watch the trailer its a collection of gags we seen in SOTD, I also wouldn't be surprised to find out that The World's End bar is the Winchester.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Did I say I was bored? I said I don't want to see the same damned movie over again with alien robots in place of zombies. If you watch the trailer its a collection of gags we seen in SOTD, I also wouldn't be surprised to find out that The World's End bar is the Winchester.

Well I don't agree they are doing the same again, it is a familiar brand of humour but that is what you want if it is working. Its a trilogy and I think they will move on to something new after it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Kind of poor timing to release this movie now, think this might be the forth or fifth end of the world movie this year, and the second comedy based on it. Doubt it's the same as This is The End, but alot of comparisons could be made between them and potentially wreck peoples enjoyment. Because Shaun was done before the onslaught of Zombie movies came, and Hot Fuzz was so different it couldn't be compared to anything else. Hoping this tops off the series and is the best one of the bunch.....Fingers crossed.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Yeah have been kind of looking forward to this for some time and seen the trailer yet again this past weekend in theaters whilst waiting for This Is The End to start. I'm a big fan of both of these guys and they just have this amazing on screen charisma that makes them very enjoyable to watch. I enjoyed the previous two films of the "3 flavors of cornetto trilogy" so to speak as well as Paul which wasn't directed by Edgar. Both great comedies. My memory is a bit fuzzy on SOTD so might have to re-watch that but have both of those films on a dual DVD set.

I dunno but after all that for some reason I am still a bit up in the air on seeing this in cinemas ($17 a ticket!) I probably will. Fuck it. I have to!

Also, only just realized whilst seeing the trailer again this weekend that one of the actors from one of my favorite new TV shows that recently just started on Showtime, Ray Donovan, is in this. Name is Eddie Marsan. Pretty sweet.

Last edited:

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Really looking forward to seeing this. Hot Fuzz and Shaun Of The Dead are two of my favourite movies ever, Pegg and Frost are amazing together as long as theres no Seth Rogan around to screw it up.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

It is over doing it but it is a good gag and provides another link between the three movies so I don't mind them using it again.

One gag I want to see return from Hot Fuzz is the one from the end of this video. Have one of them do it before they start the pub crawl.

[YOUTUBE]KO4C3dMTjc4[/YOUTUBE]

Will be seeing this on Sunday.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Exactly and it's an iconic scene in their trilogy. They do it for that reason.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It is the weakest of the three films imo, but still a very entertaining end to one of the great comic trilogies ever.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It is the weakest of the three films imo, but still a very entertaining end to one of the great comic trilogies ever.

Oh, so you seen it?