The Wolf Among Us

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
Another Telltale game that I recently played and on a related note got me into the Fables comic series.

Anyone else check this out it follows the same formula as the walking dead games, but I actually found the story to be much better than anything they've done in the other games.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I do plan on checking it out, as the only TTG games I have yet to play are it & Back to the Future. Jurassic Park was a bit of a let down considering how big of a fan I am.

I actually know nothing about the story from the comics, would I need to know or does it work as a jump on point for people not familiar with Fables?

Ben

Reaction score
I do plan on checking it out, as the only TTG games I have yet to play are it & Back to the Future. Jurassic Park was a bit of a let down considering how big of a fan I am.

I actually know nothing about the story from the comics, would I need to know or does it work as a jump on p oint for people not familiar with Fables?

Don't need to know anything about the comics as the 2 main characters are well known. Really check it out though as it's really solid.

Ben

Reaction score
Just logged into psn to find this in the 14 for '14 deals. Season pass is available for $14.99(13.49+)

Hope I enjoy it more than JP.

Honestly if you like TWDG you'll like this. Game was good enough that it made me read all 135 issues of the comic in less than a month.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Low standards usually means less of a letdown, luckily that was not the case.

The ending has me waiting for episode 2 more than TWD. Really enjoyed it, and there was only a few of the characters that I didn't immediately recognize. Would definitely suggest this to any TWD fan, the consequences don't seem as severe(yet), but that first episode felt longer than TWD episodes.

Reactions: Ben

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Episode 2 should be available the first week in Feb. on all formats(according to the TTG forums), exact days are unknown as XBLA, PSN, & PC may be getting them on varying dates.

Ben

Reaction score
Pretty excited about this. Only reason I've been keeping my PS3 is for this TWD, and the eventual GTA DLC.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score

TTG just put this up yesterday via IGN. Should have included a release date, but if they have bugs I guess its the safer route.

Also decided to grab the first 2 graphics(since they were used at $5.99 each), only 2 issues in to the first volume(had 9 other issues to read, and still trying to finish Game of Thrones book 1), but this is an enjoyable story. I had my doubts before I ever played TWAU, but the pseudo crime noir setting with bastardized famous fairytale characters is actually very gripping. now just to keep reading, and find out who the fuck The Adversary is.

Ben

Reaction score
Long time to find out who the adversary is think its around issue 80 if I remember right.
Excited for the next episode though as it looks like it will continue to introduce new characters....which the source material has a endless amount of.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Feb 4th - PC/Mac, PlayStation 3 North America
Feb 5th - Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 Europe

There is the known release dates for Episode 2, and IOS has been announced for later in the week, with all platforms being up to date by Friday Feb. 7th.

Ben

Reaction score
Played episode 2 yesterday ended up being around 90 minutes to play through. The main villain is revealed and shit gets pretty graphic and was surprised it went that far.

Figured Snow would be alive in the comics she gets her face shot off and survives but Fables are extremly hard to kill especially the popular ones. Crane being the villian I saw from the start....he's a bad dude in the comic figured it would carry over there.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
That ending! Easily TTG's best cliff hanger.

Now the long wait until they release another episode for one of their games. At this point its getting difficult to wait and see what they do with Game of Thrones.

Ben

Reaction score
That ending! Easily TTG's best cliff hanger.

Now the long wait until they release another episode for one of their games. At this point its getting difficult to wait and see what they do with Game of Thrones.

I'd like to see them switch off monthly. We got TWAU this month so hopefully in March we get TWD. With all the other shit there working on they really should do it monthly.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
If they got enough games going at once they could ideally release an episode every other week, with different teams working on each title. Another two titles (assuming TWAU and GoT get more than one season) and they could do an annual run releasing 25 weeks a year.