The Wire

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
In my opinion, The Wire is one of the greatest shows of all time. The acting and storylines are phenomenal. I was wondering how many of you have watched the show, what your favorite moment is and what your favorite season is.

Let's discuss this masterpiece!

For me:

Favorite moment: Probably Stringer and Avon's last conversation. It was very well done and led to the end of their partnership and most importantly, their friendship.
Favorite season: 4, one of the most disturbing yet; groundbreaking seasons of any show

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Didn't really read much you said in the OP for the sake of spoilers because I actually just started watching this show. I'm around halfway through Season 2 at the moment, and I have to say, I'm very VERY impressed.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I have actually had the Season 1 DVD of The Wire sitting in my bookcase for the past six or so months. For whatever reason I just haven't started watching it, is it as good as critics say it is? Does it start strongly or is it like Breaking Bad where it takes a bit of time to really get going?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I have actually had the Season 1 DVD of The Wire sitting in my bookcase for the past six or so months. For whatever reason I just haven't started watching it, is it as good as critics say it is? Does it start strongly or is it like Breaking Bad where it takes a bit of time to really get going?

I'd say it starts pretty strong. The first episode is the only one that's a little slow and that's because they're introducing everyone since it has a pretty big cast. Should definitely watch though.

Reaction score
Didn't really read much you said in the OP for the sake of spoilers because I actually just started watching this show. I'm around halfway through Season 2 at the moment, and I have to say, I'm very VERY impressed.

Which part of season 2 are you at now?

It's a terrific show! If you found the beginning of Breaking Bad slow, you will find The Wire very slow. I find Breaking Bad very fast paced compare to The Wire. The beginning of seasons 1 and 2 are very slow but they get very interesting.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Episode 9 of season 2 was the last one I watched, will watch one or two more eps. today and should finish the season by tomorrow.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Just finished Season 2 and was once again extremely impressed. First two season of the show are definitely a must-watch for everyone.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Pretty big *SPOILER* if you haven't seen the show and might plan on watching it

Just have the series finale left on Season three. Just saw Omar and Brother Mouzone kill Stringer, which was crazy.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
One of my favorite shows of all time that I was late in getting into. Got bored one day and watched season 5 when it was just starting and was pretty hooked on the show from there. Went back and watched the rest of the seasons fully borrowing my aunts DVD collection for it. My least favorite season is 2 but that season still is really good. Favorite is tough as it is between 1, 4 and 5.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
One of my favorite shows of all time that I was late in getting into. Got bored one day and watched season 5 when it was just starting and was pretty hooked on the show from there. Went back and watched the rest of the seasons fully borrowing my aunts DVD collection for it. My least favorite season is 2 but that season still is really good. Favorite is tough as it is between 1, 4 and 5.

'Cause it had the most White people, right? You racist. :White:

Just finished Season 3, and that Season finale was fucking awesome. I thought the finales of seasons 1 & 2 fell kinda' flat especially when compared to how good those two seasons were as a whole, but the end of this one was really great, loved how everything came together the way it did. Really interested in the next couple seasons and how they go about them with Stringer gone and Avon back in jail.

Reaction score
I loved season 3 too. You don't think it can get any better and it does. Season 4 is by far the best season.

Are you on season 4 right now?

I thought season 5 was the weakest actually. It's a good thing they ended it when they did because season 5 started to drop in quality.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I loved season 3 too. You don't think it can get any better and it does. Season 4 is by far the best season.

Are you on season 4 right now?

I thought season 5 was the weakest actually. It's a good thing they ended it when they did because season 5 started to drop in quality.

I'm 3 or 4 episodes into Season 4 and already loving it. The school stuff is way better than I expected.