The Wellness Policy...is it needed?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

When it comes to the WWE Wellness Policy you have to look at it from the company’s perspective. Their superstars’ health and the company’s reputation are more important then ruined mega pushes and long-term booking. The WWE, imo, doesn’t want to risk having a superstar getting addicted to steroids and in turn end up abusing them so they find out who has them and they suspend them for the time being. Saying that steroids don’t hurt anybody is dim-witted because there are plenty of risks involved in taking steroids. Some long-lasting and serious risks of taking steroids include dizziness, mood swings, hallucinations, paranoia, nausea, problems sleeping, aching joints and high blood pressure that can damage the heart or blood vessels over time, not to mention liver damage and a greater chance of injuring muscles and tendons. So to say that steroids don’t hurt anybody is ridiculous.

I agree that it isn’t any of our business who takes steroids and I feel that WWE should keep that confidential but I would imagine that’s some kind of punishment or something. And I’m sure the wrestlers that are taking them are aware of the risks involved but it doesn’t mean that they will listen to what the doctor tells them. They may understand what they’re putting in their bodies but I think in their mind they’re thinking, “I need steroids to get/stay big and muscular” which is bullshit. If anything, steroids will cause more harm then assist in the long-term as proven from the risks mentioned in the above paragraph. When it comes to wrestlers using drugs to make the pain go away, I’m not an advocate of it nor am I a supporter of it but I think if they are taking any drugs they should make sure they understand the risks involved and the drugs shouldn’t affect their performance on the job.
The lifestyle the superstars have is no excuse for them to take steroids/drugs. They have a choice in the matter. And it is a fact that no matter how hard the WWE tries, there will be drugs/steroids in professional wrestling but that doesn’t mean that they cannot try to prevent them from being used and/or abused.

To put it briefly, the WWE Wellness Policy is needed because it’s more important to have a positive reputation for your company and help maintain your employees’ health then worry about delayed pushes and long-term storylines being cut short in the long run. As far as nothing being able to be done about steroids/drugs in professional wrestling, at least the WWE is making the attempt to do something about it even if it hasn’t worked out as great as it could.

So you think that WWE actually wants the wellness policy?
WRONG!
WWE doesnt want that damn policy, they only added it because of the pressure from people like CNN, the media and congress... They were forced into it by the pressure after the Benoit thing, which is why theyhave it now.
but for years, they never had a wellness policy.
Now, I think only a few guys use steroids anyways, and theyre not even using it abusively...
So for years, wwe had alot of people just taking a bit of steroids, so now, i say they should continue and just forget the wellness policy.

If WWE was real, and guys were actualyl competing, then I see why they would have the policy, to make sure noone cheatsand noone gets hurt. but its fake, and they know whose winning, so that level of competition is gone, so guys arent going to be hurting eachother out there trying to win.
So since its faked, the only need for steroids is for looks, but they arent harming the other wrestlers.

And really, their not hurting themselves. if a guy is really fucked up, and abusing it, wwe would be able to tell, and then test that guy and suspend him, for being an idiot. But the people getting suspended nowadays, its only for small amounts, and uits not doing any harm, and wwe doesnt care either.

So all its doing is ruining the pushes over a small amount of roids... I think they should get rid of the policy and only suspend roid freaks...

So as you can see, I disagree with you, Anigma, but good to see uyou posting outside of btb.

The Anigma

Reaction score
So you think that WWE actually wants the wellness policy?
WRONG!
WWE doesnt want that damn policy, they only added it because of the pressure from people like CNN, the media and congress... They were forced into it by the pressure after the Benoit thing, which is why theyhave it now.
but for years, they never had a wellness policy.
Now, I think only a few guys use steroids anyways, and theyre not even using it abusively...
So for years, wwe had alot of people just taking a bit of steroids, so now, i say they should continue and just forget the wellness policy.

If WWE was real, and guys were actualyl competing, then I see why they would have the policy, to make sure noone cheatsand noone gets hurt. but its fake, and they know whose winning, so that level of competition is gone, so guys arent going to be hurting eachother out there trying to win.
So since its faked, the only need for steroids is for looks, but they arent harming the other wrestlers.

And really, their not hurting themselves. if a guy is really fucked up, and abusing it, wwe would be able to tell, and then test that guy and suspend him, for being an idiot. But the people getting suspended nowadays, its only for small amounts, and uits not doing any harm, and wwe doesnt care either.

So all its doing is ruining the pushes over a small amount of roids... I think they should get rid of the policy and only suspend roid freaks...

So as you can see, I disagree with you, Anigma, but good to see uyou posting outside of btb.

I never said that the WWE wanted the Wellness Policy. As I said, they have it for two reasons, to maintain a positive reputation and to maintain their superstar's health. One moreso than the other (guess which one) but that's what it's there for.

Sure, WWE isn't real and they're technically not competing but they still use the steriods to boost they way they look which will still harm them in the long-term. And does it matter that they're not harming other wrestlers? They're still harming themselves.

MikeRaw

I never said that the WWE wanted the Wellness Policy. As I said, they have it for two reasons, to maintain a positive reputation and to maintain their superstar's health. One moreso than the other (guess which one) but that's what it's there for.

Sure, WWE isn't real and they're technically not competing but they still use the steriods to boost they way they look which will still harm them in the long-term. And does it matter that they're not harming other wrestlers? They're still harming themselves.

Ya, I know why they have the damn policy. As I said, to maintain the reputation. but thats stupid, theyre reputationw as fine before, and is decent now. But nowadays, wheter they have the wellness policy or not, theyre rep will be the same. Because like I said, next time someone dies, evenn if they have this policy, wwe will get shit on again.

They arent going to eb able to stop people from taking roids, even by suspending, so my point is, if you cant stop them, why even bother suspending them?
I know it wouldnt be morally correct not to suspend them, but if you scrap the wellness policy, noone will care, and ya, people will still take steroids, but they do now as well, so itll always be the same, except without the policy, at least feuds dont get cut short.

And Im not saying for them not to check at all, IM just saying that they shouldnt suspend unless its roid abuse.
Like Regal, do you think he was abusing it? NO, so without the wellness policy, theyd be allowed to let that slide and keep a good feud going, but still monitor it. And if stuff gets out of hand, like Scott Steiner, ro if Regal was abusing it, THEN they still have the right to suspend them.

So basically, with the wellness policy right now, wwe HAS to e strict with every single bit of drug use, because its in the rules.
But if they scrap the policy, they can still suspend peopel if they need to, if people start abusing drugs, but at least they wont be forced to (for the small stuff).

Good post though, man:)

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
I agree, the way i think, if they want to take steroids, let them. everything would a lot better, performance wise. i know the whole steroids in benoits system when he killed is family (it was kevin sullivan)

King Of Kings

Reaction score
The Wellness Policy is responsible for ending mega pushes and ruining long term booking plans for the WWE. Hardy, Regal, and Kennedy were all getting main event pushes until they got suspended. I don't know if they got suspended for steroids or drugs but, honestly this wellness thing is starting to piss me off.

We've heard it before, "OMG this wrestler takes roids, look at what a roid head he is", hell I say that alot too. We make fun of some wrestlers sometimes for being big, and its pretty ovious that they take steroids. However, when a wrestler is getting smaller they get the same reaction. "OMG look that wrestler has gotten so small" or "its obvious he is losing weight". So basically, some fans make fun of wrestlers who are getting bigger AND getting smaller. I'm just pointing this out to show how people are hypocrits and bash wrestlers whether they get smaller or bigger.

Anyway, my point is...Steroids don't hurt anybody
, and it isn't our business to know who is taking them. The wrestlers who are taking these things are probably getting them from doctors, and I'm sure they told them the risks of taking steroids. Wrestlers know what they are putting into their bodies, and they are willing to make that sacrifice. Wrestlers need steroids because they need to stay big and muscular all the time. Lets be honest people, Paul London or Brian Kendrick aren't going to ever get as over as The Great Khali. Its unfortunate, but its true.

And finally, drugs. Professional Wrestlers who work for the WWE are on the road basically all year. Who knows how hurt they get, and how much pain they go through. The fact is, these guys have no choice but to keep going when they are in pain. Drugs, well..it helps relax some of these guys. When people are hurting and are in pain, they are going to do anything they can to try and relax and make the pain go away even if its temporary. Drugs unfortunately, are the only way for these guys to do that and I think that is why so many wrestlers get suspended for drugs.

So..what do you guys think? Is the Wellness Policy needed? We all know that wrestlers will always take steroids and drugs. The lifestyle that these guys have give them basically no choice but to use steroids/drugs and I dont think it will ever stop. The Wellness thing is an attempt to try and alleviate steroid/drug use in the WWE and to be completely honest, I think it has failed. No matter how hard Vince tries, steroids and drugs will always exist in Pro Wrestling and unfortunately their is nothing that anybody can do about it

Steroids do hurt you it gives you roid rage and makes you depressed. I saw this show called true life and it followed people that were on steroids and there life was a wreck one of them even wanted to kill hiself.

Kaedon

Reaction score
O_O @ the good discussion. Show those guys in PeepShow's forum how its done :clap_1:

Spam over: Drugs are gooooood.

MikeRaw

O_O @ the good discussion. Show those guys in PeepShow's forum how its done :clap_1:

Spam over: Drugs are gooooood.

Way to contribute Mr.Mod
:laugh:
im jk (btw, i already posted like 5 times here so I dont need to restate m yopinion again)

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Steroids do hurt you it gives you roid rage and makes you depressed. I saw this show called true life and it followed people that were on steroids and there life was a wreck one of them even wanted to kill hiself.

Perhaps because they were using more than they should have been? Why is it that people do not fucking get this?

King Of Kings

Reaction score
Perhaps because they were using more than they should have been? Why is it that people do not fucking get this?

What makes you think that wrestlers arent useing more than they should lol. Just by looking at some of them you know there over useing.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
They probably are using more than they should be. That is the point. They are being personally irresponsible. Its not the fucking drug its them, and they're going to do it whether there is a policy in place or not. This has already been evidenced many times. The wellness policy does nothing. It is purposeless.

MikeRaw

What makes you think that wrestlers arent useing more than they should lol. Just by looking at some of them you know there over useing.

Because theres a fucking wellness policy...

Bottom line is, wwe doesnt lie during the policy, so anyone who they suspend, deserves it, and anyone who deserves to be suspended, is, no matter who it is. (Thats why we saw Kennedy, Hardy and Regal suspended during big pushed)

Now, with that being said, the fact that they use the policy, and noone has been caught for using excessive amounts, means that even the people who do use it, arent using much...

Thats why I say, WWE should get rid of the policy, and let people be free. they can still monitor it, and hold tests on occasion, but only suspend when they want to... because righ tnow, the policy says anyone using drugs/steroids needs to be suspended, no matter how much, so they should scrap the rules, and just go back to how it was. And if they think someone is abusing steroids, then they can test him and suspend them if they feel like it, but if someone is only using a bit, they can just warn them and not suspend them if they dont want... because righ tnow, the rules of the policy make them suspend people, even people in big pushes...

But anyways, wwe isnt a sport, and the wrestlers all know the outcomes of the match before it happens. Therefore, a bit of steroids isnt a danger, because they won tb e out there using their strength to really hurt the other guy and try to win. The outcome is known so they just "play along" and taking a bit of steroids will only increase someones look, not do any danger to their opponents....

C4

Doesn't matter if the Wellness Policy is active and running, or it's not. The superstars are going to continue to use steroids and other performance enhancing drugs just because they want to, the wellness policy won't stop them from doing so. You can easily pass a drug test and can get away with it :disgust:

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
^ This is true, there is a wellness policy and yet people let Orton and Regal will still, still continue to use roids, why because they are tits.Now it means that th wwe has to find a new GM and everything becomes shit. Sorry about rant.

MikeRaw

Doesn't matter if the Wellness Policy is active and running, or it's not. The superstars are going to continue to use steroids and other performance enhancing drugs just because they want to, the wellness policy won't stop them from doing so. You can easily pass a drug test and can get away with it :disgust:

Thats my point. People will and are still using them. but all the wellness policy is doing, it isnt stopping them from doing it, it just ends up ruining pushes and storylines over a tiny bit of steroids. Get rid of the policy, and just let people do what they do. If it gets out of control or someone starts abusing it, suspension.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
Thats my point. People will and are still using them. but all the wellness policy is doing, it isnt stopping them from doing it, it just ends up ruining pushes and storylines over a tiny bit of steroids. Get rid of the policy, and just let people do what they do. If it gets out of control or someone starts abusing it, suspension.

I think the wellness policy exists because of pressure from people outside of the business. After the whole benoit incident the wwe is under alot of pressure.