The Wednesday Night War

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
Hey man..i had issues lol, i got it all done, then went to get the ratings from this forum, page refreshed and i lost ALL progress, so i had to redo it all, dont worry though! the ratings are in, check the OP for details! :emoji_slight_smile:
All good dude. I imdietely found it on the web after I posted that comment. Thanks for consistently bringing info to this dead site btw.

Buttfucking of the developmental territory part 4 basically. Now it’s AEW vs Finn Balor. First good move by NXT during these four weeks was that heel turn

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Is it still fair to call this a "War" at this point?

Don't both sides need to be engaged in combat
instead of one side firing & the other cowering
in foxholes?

Also...didn't Dynamite actually beat Smackdown
in the ratings recently?

Jiminy Cricket...AEW are firing shots at the shows
they aren't even at "War" with.

Last edited:

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Is it still fair to call this a "War" at this point?

Don't both sides need to be engaged in combat
instead of one side firing & the other cowering
in foxholes?

Also...didn't Dynamite actually beat Smackdown
in the ratings recently?

Jiminy Cricket...AEW are firing shots at the shows
they aren't even at "War" with.
Ya know..this thread is already dead besides me updating it, ya dont gotta try and kill it even more with continueing to insist it isnt a war despite evidence to the contrary lol.

Every move WWE has made is against or in reponse to AEW, look at Cain Velaskez..Valascez? valaskez? oh you know who i mean..AEW wanted him, WWE wanted him and they did everything they could to get him so AEW couldnt have him and they succeeded, putting NXT on USA network to counter them, not letting superstars leave. The fact that they would have put NXT on whatever day AEW was gonna air on.

This was not gonna be a war because that wasnt AEWs goal, they wanted and still want to be a alternative, but WWE turned it into one by doing everything in their power to syphon viewers from AEW and halt any moves they make to the best of their abilitys, to the point of not even letting their own fans wear AEW merch in the arena.

In Vince Mcmahons eyes, its absolutely a war and hes gonna do whatever he has to to kill AEW, even if the company is just a alternative.

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
EHqmMfHWkAEJeSC.jpg

I tried guys, I really tried to give AEW a fair shot. Anyone that read any of my opinions should know that. But after reading the results I decided to skip last week because it looked terrible, and now after seeing this absolute trash, I'm done with AEW for a while. Y'all have fun with your mixing of two of the currently most toxic fanbases on the planet. I just can't do it. I've got PLENTY of other weekly wrestling shows that I find way more enjoyable (a list of which can be found here for those interested). See y'all in the other sections

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
I've got PLENTY of other weekly wrestling shows that I find way more enjoyable (a list of which can be found here for those interested). See y'all in the other sections
Speaking of which, i know it aint a US promotion but could you add New japan to that list aswell? they are the only major promotion you didnt list lol

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Speaking of which, i know it aint a US promotion but could you add New japan to that list aswell? they are the only major promotion you didnt list lol
lol. I wasn't sure whether they still had a weekly TV show or not because I pay for World. If they do, feel free to send me the info and I'll gladly add it, the list is a reference tool for everyone to use, not just myself :)

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Ya know..this thread is already dead besides me updating it, ya don't gotta try and kill it even more with continuing to insist it isn't a war despite evidence to the contrary lol.
Oh...well...I wasn't trying to kill it...I was trying to contribute...
but if you want the thread to be "dead" then get someone to
"lock it" I guess...

And as I originally said in this thread...its not a War...and I'm
sure WWE die-hard fans won't call it a War now because the
AEW have literally been curb stomping NXT in the ratings.

Because if it appears that you can't win...just give up & pretend
you weren't taking it seriously to begin with.

:thumbsup:

Reactions: InsaneAlphaBeta

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Oh...well...I wasn't trying to kill it...I was trying to contribute...
but if you want the thread to be "dead" then get someone to
"lock it" I guess...

And as I originally said in this thread...its not a War...and I'm
sure WWE die-hard fans won't call it a War now because the
AEW have literally been curb stomping NXT in the ratings.

Because if it appears that you can't win...just give up & pretend
you weren't taking it seriously to begin with.

:thumbsup:
Just wanna point out, nowhere in my reply did i say i want it dead, i was just commenting on the fact that it kinda is lol, and yet i shall continue to update it.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
It really depends on your definition of war. There is no uncertainty here, AEW is too better in every single way thus it smashes NXT in ratings every week. It’s not a fight of the equals but it actually is a fight because of Vince Mac’s ego. He is getting even more miserable and trying more desperate things to win this but it’s a done thing. Of course the majority of people will watch a fresh new company with class A wrestlers instead of a developmental territory.

For however this very predictable war goes on, AEW will continue to buttfuck NXT every week and it’s not even a surprise. The sad thing is that NXT is not even a bad show, it’s just that it’s constantly getting overshadowed by better. It should be rescheduled imo but who am I to shake up Vinnie boi’s pathological egoism.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Just wanna point out before i update with the ratings, last night BOTH AEW and NXT faced a TON of competition, and that includes the World Series which had 22 MILLION viewers, so yes, AEW and NXT took a HUGE hit this week, but dont take it too seriously, we will only know for sure where things sit once sports season is over.