The Walking Dead spin-off

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
The Walking Dead

Following the announcement of the Breaking Bad spin-off, AMC just had to announce that they are working with Robert Kirkman to make a "Companion" series in 2015. In Kirkmans own words, its about a new corner in the TWD universe, so new characters, possibly new locations, and hopefully new dynamics in human interaction.

Since very little is actually known at this point, I would like to get an idea of what you think it should be like? Could a new continent get a go at the zombie apocalypse? What will they need to do to make the show different from the main series? Could it be a story about Clementine from Tell Tale Games? Could it be one shot episodes about characters before The Fall?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Does this show really need a spin off? Either keep it going, but go in a different direction with certain characters or just leave it alone.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
The idea is that this is a world wide epidemic, and so far with all the comics, shows, novels, and videogames it has only been centred in Georgia, with the comics taking the group out of state. So the idea of them potentially changing the location, to say London England, changes the dynamic of not having access to as many firearms, or to New York, where they are in one of the most densely populated areas in the English speaking world.

I have also been begging Kirkman to take the reigns off Rick for awhile now. In the comics Carl is a stone cold serial killer in training, having killed Shane, and one of the twins, and taking an assault rifle and going after the current badass villain Negan after taking a bullet in the face that cost him an eye, and with the support of key characters like Michonne(who Kirkman has written off multiple times, and never winds up killing her), and Andrea(the sharpshooter), Carl could easily become the new hero of the comics. A new group gives me some of what I have been asking for atleast.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't watch the show so no ideas on the actual spin-off but this isn't surprising at all given how popular the show is.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I don't watch the show so no ideas on the actual spin-off but this isn't surprising at all given how popular the show is.

Is it though? I got the impression it was more of a cult show a bit like Dexter was in the first couple of seasons.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Is it though? I got the impression it was more of a cult show a bit like Dexter was in the first couple of seasons.

Not at all, it's one of the most popular shows...at least in the States. Fuck, probably the most popular aside from all the shitty reality shows. I don't have any numbers, but I feel comfortable in saying that, maybe at least the most popular non-comedy.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Guess that is the big difference between the states and us. In the UK it is stuck on one of the sub-Channel five stations. I think Zombies and all that is more of an American craze.