The Walking Dead Official Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Gonna start this show today. I think I'm going to be a pretty big fan of it as it seems like a show that I'd like.

Ben

Reaction score
On a side note I hate Lori....need to kill her off ASAP.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
carl.jpg

walking-dead-meme-otis-makes-carl-stay-in-the-house-dies.jpg

The Nicker

Reaction score
I really love this show and the beginning of Season 2 was slow but the middle as well as the end was jam-packed full of action so I don't understand why some of you guys are complaining. It was awesome!

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I'm up to episode 6 of the first season so far and really liking the show, my favorite so far has to be Rick (the cop) or the Korean guy. I did like the black guy (Morgan) and his kid early on in the season but haven't seen them since.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Just finished Episode 3 of Season 2. First season was better and had much more action and them trying to survive with a lot going on but that's probably because the show was getting kicked off and so of course it's going to start slowing down a bit now. Season 2 is a tad slower but still very interesting. I'm really starting to like Daryl. Didn't like him much at first but he's starting to grow on me fast and his tactics are very good, he knows what to do! I don't like Andrea, she's very annoying to me.

Edit: Maggie is pretty cool.

Last edited:

spiderman

Reaction score
Too bad it's a mini series. It's a very exciting and thrilling TV series and I just finished season 1. I was kinda late in starting to watch this one because I was finishing Supernatural and Fringe.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
A mini-series is a series of episodes usually two hours long most are 6 episodes. It will not have multiple seasons.

The Walking dead is a regular series at a half order 12-14 episodes, most of your "classier" networks run their series in this style HBO Showtime AMC STARZ. Just thought you should know

ljepilo

Reaction score
How many episodes does this TV show has? I read reviews on some other websites and people actually say that its really good one.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
How many episodes does this TV show has? I read reviews on some other websites and people actually say that its really good one.

19 episodes since the start of the show. There has been 2 seasons so far.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
'The Walking Dead' first look of Danai Gurira as Michonne | Inside TV | EW.com

Ever since we saw that cloaked figure brandishing a katana sword while accompanied by two chained up armless zombies in The Walking Dead’s season 2 finale, fans have been salivating for a first look at the woman under the hood — Michonne. That first look is now here. A fan favorite from The Walking Dead comic book on which the AMC series is based, Michonne will be played by actress Danai Gurira (Treme) when the show returns for season 3 this October, and here is your exclusive first taste of what she will look like.

walking-dead-michonne_510.jpg

In the comics, Michonne is an unflinching warrior who proves to be powerful ally for Rick Grimes and the rest of the survivors. But how different will the onscreen version be? “The essence of the character — her personality, her motives, everything that makes Michonne Michonne — remains intact from the comics,†says Robert Kirkman (the creator of the comic and executive producer of the TV adaptation). “But like a lot of things on the show, there will be little tweaks and differences here and there. We saw that her introduction is slightly different from how it was in the comic, and her interaction with Andrea is really going to be a really cool addition to the character that I think will get television viewers up to speed, and they’ll get to know her a lot faster than comic book readers did.â€

As for why they cast the relatively unknown Danai Gurira for the pivotal role, Kirkman says, “We looked at a lot of talented people that were really fantastic, but we were waiting for that one spark, that moment where everyone was completely in agreement and completely excited, and we felt like we had found the essence of this fictional character that just randomly appeared in another person, and that person was Danai Gurira. She kind of came in and really just blew us all away. She’s got incredible presence, and she’s got a theater background, and is very physical, and was just perfect for the role.â€

Kirkman is equally enthusiastic about the big location setting for season 3, as Rick and company attempt to turn a prison into their new zombie-proof fortress. “It looks absolutely amazing,†gushes Kirkman. “They are shooting the hell out of this prison. It just looks absolutely stunning, and I think when people start seeing trailers and stuff for this season, I think people are just gonna be like, “Wait, what? This is what? I can’t believe this is a TV show!†It’s really creepy, really moody and it’s just gonna be really awesome.â€

Looks awesome. Can't wait for Season 3. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE PRISON. The ending of Season 2 got me excited. Hurry up S3.

Last edited by a moderator:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Those are huge giveaways for anyone that doesn't already know about them I've never read the comic so I had no clue but a friend had told me about it.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
‘The Walking Dead’ Season 3 Set Photos Reveal Return of…

We’re still a good four months before the premiere of ‘The Walking Dead‘ season 3, but it doesn’t matter how many looks we get at upcoming villains, new heroes, or preview events you throw at us. Like the hordes of the undead plaguing Atlanta, we’ll always be hungry for more. Still, there is at least one unspoken aspect of ‘The Walking Dead’s new season revealed on set this weekend that we’d like to give a hand to…

It’s Merle Dixon! Though we saw the character briefly in a hallucination of Daryl’s last season, the character is indeed alive and well, surfacing on the Georgia set this weekend. Actor Michael Rooker had previously been heard to say that he’d be back for season 3, but this is our first insight into what the real Merle has been up to since last we saw him.

Michael Rooker first appeared as Merle Dixon (brother to Daryl) in the series’ second episode “Guts,” before Rick and the others decisively left him atop an Atlanta roof to flee the walkers chasing after them. Rick and the others would shortly thereafter return at Daryl’s behest, only to find that in the time since the character had severed his own hand, and made an unseen getaway to parts unknown.

Now, the new photo reveals that Merle seems to have been taken in by The Governor’s camp (sitting in the same truck we earlier saw The Governor outside of), and utilizing some kind of menacing looking hook to replace his lost appendage. Rest assured that there was definitely a bit of subtext to the hallucinogenic Merle’s last words to Daryl, “Grab your friend Rick’s hand for me.”

FM_020_FULL.jpg

http://screencrush.com/the-walking-dead-season-3-governor/

There are all of three things that will make ‘The Walking Dead‘ season 3 the most highly-anticipated yet for the AMC series, two of which we’ve glimpsed already. The first was the identity of that mysterious samurai-sword-wielding stranger appearing in season 2 finale “Beside the Dying Fire.” The second is the ominous prison seen just out of reach of our merry band of survivors.

The third? Well, govern your expectations. The biggest threat to the AMC survivors is yet to come, and we’ve got the first look at season 3′s dastardly new villain!

Before ‘The Walking Dead’ season 2 even drew to a close, AMC announced that British thespian (and personal friend to Andrew Lincoln) David Morrissey had been tapped to play season 3′s major villain, known only as ‘The Governor.’ Fans of the Image comics upon which the AMC series draws inspiration know the depth of The Governor’s malice, bringing an intense amount of curiosity to how Morrissey and AMC might interpret the role

Courtesy of TV Guide, we now have our first look! It’s…alright.

walkingdeadgovernor.jpg

Purists may bemoan that Morrissey’s look as the character doesn’t share all that much in common with the comic character other than his clothing (they couldn’t even give him a mustache?), but we all know that AMC plays somewhat loose with their adaptation of comic canon. At the very least, we know fellow season 3 addition Michonne (Danai Gurira) looks spot on! On the subject of AMC’s adaptation of The Governor, ‘The Walking Dead’ creator Robert Kirkman has been heard to say:

The Governor in the show is definitely going to be The Governor in the comic. I think that he’s definitely going to be a character that people love to hate and are absolutely entertained by, but also somewhat terrified of. He’s definitely going to be a very important character and a very nuanced character. We are not going to be watering him down.

Previously, actor John Hawkes had been in talks for the role, and legendary horror makeup guru Tom Savini even publicly campaigned for the role, touting his physical resemblance to the comic character. As we can see from David Morrissey’s interpretation, grooming (and more or less, ethnicity) weren’t really a concern of the casting directors.

[video=youtube;7yqlyyihVxQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yqlyyihVxQ[/video]​

Last edited:

Ben

Reaction score
Looks like there's a bad ass blade on that returning cast members hand.

Anyways second half of season 2 was pretty slow for me, really dragged, better setting and some new character, and hopefully more acting should make this season better.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I believe these are more photos from the location of filming, etc:

tumblr_m5b4e5M8Y71rq5liro1_500.jpg

2r6mxp4.jpg

IUdmY.jpg

2lo645v.jpg

2wn08e0.jpg

woodbury.jpg

7TtE9.jpg

uoVUC.jpg

qVSYo.jpg

TrMBN.jpg

uOSwF.jpg

SbMhH.jpg

RMSLm.jpg

cQF36.jpg

Pb1lM.jpg

LZQfd.jpg

AX5EF.jpg

HvqBr.jpg

GTet3.jpg

K1jqi.jpg

N60V9.jpg

RZllZ.jpg

87rkK.jpg

3nofT.jpg

NtZhU.jpg

29C2x.jpg

Vtexc.jpg

0PHkw.jpg

DmSkF.jpg

TwzCp.jpg

T8AJq.jpg

fqNkc.jpg

3qtyg.jpg

tvqOL.jpg

oulhZ.jpg

pM3Bh.jpg

CxqHQ.jpg

g6udc.jpg

7Hu3O.jpg

sem7Q.jpg

CScV8.jpg

lLbgj.jpg

ybVut.jpg

GJODw.jpg

aJKMJ.jpg

Just a bunch more photos I found on the net. No idea if they are from the set or just around the area they're filming so idk if some of the areas in the photos will be in the show.. And my apologies if they're not in order or there's duplicates.

Also, don't know if people in the photos are cast on the show, simply employees or just citizens in the area/or friends of cast..

Last edited: