The Walking Dead Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThePlumber702

Reaction score
The Walking Dead

Premier Date: 2010
Channel: AMC
Creator(s): Frank Darabont
Screenwriter: Frank Darabont
Starring: Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal and Sarah Wayne Callies
Genre: Drama, Horror
Official Website: http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead

Plot Summary: Police officer Rick Grimes leads a group of survivors in a world overrun by zombies.

Trailer: [video=youtube;R1v0uFms68U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R1v0uFms68U[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I'm a little disappointed that we have to still wait so long for this to come back on. I loved this show for the six episodes we have. I just hope it doesn't get pulled after the second season because of production costs. Cause holy shit it cannot be cheap to do.

Drew

Reaction score
I'm right there with ya' Troy.

I mean, this is like the ONLY show, where not a whole lot is happening, but the hour just flies by, and it's over before you know it, lol.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Yeah it seemed to fly by during every episode. The cliffhanger at the end pissed me off because it just seemed to happen so quick. I think they may have a problem with some returning viewers because of the damn near year in between.

ThePlumber702

Reaction score
TVguide.com said:
No one was more flabbergasted by the breakout success of AMC's The Walking Dead than Robert Kirkman, the man who wrote the graphic novels that inspired the zombie drama.

"I'm frankly shocked. You always hope this stuff will be successful, but never in a million years did I think the TV show would catch on to this degree," Kirkman tells TVGuide.com. "Now we've got Zippo lighters and mugs, T-shirts and Walking Dead-brand gum and perfume. It's definitely strange to be at the center of what, I guess, is a phenomenon. I'm quite enjoying it, but it does startle me at times."

The Walking Dead's Robert Kirkman on Season 1's explosive finale and what's next

Despite all the aforementioned products and a forthcoming video game inspired by the series, Kirkman remains primarily focused on writing the comics and shaping the second season of the show — the latter of which has seen Kirkman move to Los Angeles to work full-time in the writers' room.

Both the comic and the TV show follow Deputy Sheriff Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln), the leader of a band of survivors trying to stay alive after a zombie apocalypse. The end of Season 1 found the survivors striking out on the open road after their last safe haven in Atlanta, the Centers for Disease Control, proved to be anything but safe. While Kirkman can't divulge much about how Season 2 is shaping up, he's clearly very excited about seeing the gang travel.

"It's going to be intense," he says. "This world will get more dangerous. In the first season, there was a lot of time spent at that camp when they were fine. Now we've taken that away from them. They don't really have that little area they can go to and protect. ... We're really going to just expand the world a little bit. We're hitting the road, they're moving, and it's going to be a lot of cool stuff."

Check out photos of The Walking Dead cast

Kirkman also promises new faces this season, some of which comic readers will recognize and others they will not. "There's definitely going to be some new blood — some new victims for the zombies, if you will," Kirkman says. "It's important to me that there are these X-factor things thrown in where people that are familiar with the comic book don't really know where things are going to go. I want to keep people guessing as much as possible, and having new characters ... definitely adds to that."

Will some those familiar faces be the family at Hershel's farm and the katana-wielding Michonne, who Kirkman previously told us he wanted to feature in Season 2? "Things are shifting every day, but so far it's looks like we're going to get to at least half of that," Kirkman says coyly.

As for the core cast, Kirkman says the romantic triangle between Rick, his wife Lori (Sarah Wayne Callies) and Rick's best friend and partner Shane (Jon Bernthal) will continue to be a key dynamic. But he also says that, because this season will be made up of a more traditional 13 episodes, the other members of the camp will work their way into the spotlight more than they have before.

The Walking Dead: A zombie show with more heart than brains

"We've got a lot more room to breathe and explore all the characters in the cast," Kirkman says. "We've got interesting cast members and we're going to be putting them through their paces. This is a hard world, and there are some tough times ahead. We're going to see these characters overcome a lot over the course of this show."

The finale also planted the seed for another mystery: Dr. Jenner (Noah Emmerich) whispered something in Rick's ear just before they escaped the about-to-explode CDC. Kirkman promises viewers will get some payoff sooner rather than later. "We're very mindful of the audience's expectation. There's teasing the audience and there's torturing the audience — and there's a fine line," Kirkman says. "We're going to have a lot of other stuff to deal with, but we're definitely going to be dealing with that soon and not torturing audiences with the mystery of that too much."

Because of the show's huge success (the Season 1 finale drew 6 million viewers, shattering all of AMC's previous ratings records) and its Golden Globe nomination for Best Drama Series, the expectations couldn't be higher for Season 2, which is still scheduled to begin in October. Kirkman, however, remains unfazed.

Get more of today's latest news

"Having been in the room and knowing what we have planned, I'm pretty sure this season is going to top the other season," he says. "Everybody is breaking their backs with a mind toward really coming out of the gate this season and wowing people."

I like that he says he knows the difference between teasing and torturing... seems a lot of writers/producers have no clue there is one.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I'm glad they are going to be looking into other characters as well. I think that is what it will need. I don't want the focus just to be on Rick and Shane every week. That would get boring very quick.

ThePlumber702

Reaction score
oh without a doubt hammer. It's insanely good. Watch it.. I'll find a torrent and upload the episodes to megavideo for you if you want.. but watch it!

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I have all the episodes on my external. I can upload them. Matter of fact I think I will just so people who haven't seen it can see the awesomeness of this show.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Ah, sounds good. You should watch them. They are insanely well written and acted. They are also pretty graphic and imo, hold up to the zombie realm pretty well.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
This is a great show however am I alone in noticing each episode kind of got progressively worse? I really disliked the season finale as I found it maudlin at best. I would have preferred the show to follow the comics a little closer but I knew that was not Darabont's intention from the beginning. That being said I am looking forward to Season Two as it should be great, particularly if they introduce a certain character that hasn't made her way into the story just yet.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
The last couple of episodes were pretty bland, but they were still good...if that makes sense. It was more of a I love the Zombie feel and thinking it will pick up. I am excited for season 2 to begin.

Probably a good thing I never read the comics I guess. I have nothing to complain about like some people have. (And I'm not talking about you Mr. Pan.)

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
LOL, thanks for clarifying that Troy. The comics are great though I can see why they have changed things around (in particular one main character should be dead by now) to suit the television show. Regardless I'll be watching the moment it's back because it is so damn good.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I remember one guy saying how he thought the show sucked cause they didn't follow the comics to a T. I don't think he realized that it is impossible to do that unless it is all CGI and they are only 20 minute episodes.