The vignette from Raw...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

1chiban

Reaction score
In a Best of Sting DVD I doubt there would be much to get from the TNA footage.

I'd be surprised if he had an issue with WWE programming anymore thanks to the PG direction. Ironically it's TNA which is probably less suitable for him now!

1chiban

Reaction score
Didn't they use that Johnny Cash song in the hype video for Taker/HBK match at WM26?

Yes, hence why a lot of people are saying the vignettes are for 'Taker after all. (Plus the fact it talks about graves with 'Taker having been taken out in a Buried Alive match could be a bit of a giveaway) Either that or it's a massive swerve. Dude off the SWF podcast jokingly said it could be Triple H saying 'expecting someone else'. Considering the latest rumour doing the rounds was Career Versus Streak with Trips and 'Taker at 'Mania I guess we can't rule it out haha

Beer

Reaction score
Sting has actually openely expressed respect and praise for WWE making it into the PG area; and the Crow Sting actually came up in a discussion to help clean the trashy-content of the NWO from WCW, he didn't want to be affiliated with that, so they made him the anti-nWo... he's ALWAYS been against the more hardcore rated stuff (typically why you don't find a Sting match with blood or weapons (the bat was a very big compromise, and he even talked about that during his TNA-exclusive interview before he made his first appearance for the company).

Now that WWE fits that mold as a company, Sting would be comfortable working the programming...

jesus, lay off the semi-colons.

A few that I know of are the Rise and Fall of WCW, the Starcade DVD and the Greatest Stars of the 90s (not 100% though).

thanks bro

1chiban

Reaction score
I assume that Sting is going to retire soon so maybe he had a change of heart and will go out with a company 10000000000000000000x better than TNA.

It seems to me that Sting is the type of guy who could pull out a really good match if he had the motivation. His last matches in TNA were mediocre probably because his storyline was going absolutely nowhere. It would be a win-win all round if they had Taker and Sting return on the same night to set up a match. Sting-'Taker would definitely bring in some more buys - including from former fans who will remember Sting fondly - plus I think it would be awesome to see a legend of the game have his Wrestlemania moment, even in defeat to the Undertaker. It would be a great build with it being a 'dream' match between two of the biggest names in wrestling history.

trilogy

Reaction score
it is indeed the undertaker from tonights video they showed him in the promo video..was hoping for sting something different

fuzzy

Reaction score
At first it looked as if it could be as the camera kept panning away and to the shadows, the rain and the house... but after a small pan-up with a somewhat closeup of the figure, it shows the undertaker....but not fully.

trilogy

Reaction score
i agree..but why coem to raw? his last match was with kane..maybe cena? HHH?

fuzzy

Reaction score
but the promos are shown durring SD as well. but not sure why raw instead of sd? maybe he's comin' to take out the nexus?

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^Notably, half the nexus guys that buried him are on SD, the other half on Raw.

The date being advertised is a Raw, but bearing in mind Del Rio (and others) have been popping up on Raw since before the Rumble, I think it's just the same old case that the brand-split means fuck all once on the road to WM.

...god...

Reaction score
Who the fuck cares who this is, THE ROCK IS BACK!