The Undertaker Says The Current WWE Product “Is A Little Soft”

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RLStern

Refuter of Revisionist History
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
If Vince wanted to fuck over his company like people claim he is, he'd just sell the fucking thing to NBC/Universal

And let's stop pretending Stephanie and Triple H would be a better alternative.....the fuck has Triple H done besides put the company in the red?

NXT has cost them money, never earned them any. His own show is getting beat weekly by some start up.

And what major superstar had he found, promoted and crossed over?

Amen

This is the guy who was suggesting to do Harley Race stuff during the Attitude era according to Russo.

Triple H has never been in touch and Stephanie McMahon singlehandedly ended the Attitude era in 2002 when she radicalized booking(people say 2000 but she didn’t do anything until Kreski left, then they had that whole brand split and creative team split, and adding Heyman, Hayes, Prichard while making Gewirtz head writer of Raw, Heyman of Smackdown, bring failed Hollywood writers(keyword failed, if they got success ones no problem) and she politicked against Russo returning)

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Jim Ross Agrees With The Undertaker On The Toughness Of Wrestlers Today
As a guest on the Joe Rogan Experience exclusive on Spotify, The Undertaker said that he felt that the current WWE product was “a little soft”. On a recent episode of Grilling JR, Jim Ross agreed with The Undertaker’s assessment on the current state of wrestlers. Ross explained why he felt wrestlers nowadays aren’t as tough as they used to be.

“Because they’re trained differently,” Ross said. “They’re brought into the business differently, they’re not sitting in a car, they’re not making 25-40 bucks a night. It’s just a different ball game and Takers got a good point there. Today’s wrestling getting chopped unmercifully to where your blood is rushing to the surface and bruising is already in affect, probably wouldn’t happen in today’s world because the offending person wouldn’t stand for it.

Ross made sure to mention that the changes in the business are not a negative. He noted that just because there have been changes doesn’t mean that they haven’t been a positive for the entire wrestling business as a whole.

“The COVID era of pro wrestling in a way has been a career extender for a lot of talents,” Ross noted. “They’re not on the road as much, they’re not traveling as much, they’ve got time to heel and focus on one major project. We always wanted the business to be better.

“You’re right about the business being better, could you imagine how much better it is right now than it was just a few years ago? Some of these things we were talking about [back in the day] weren’t as negative. Does that mean they shouldn’t have been changed? No, it just means it was more accepted in that era than some things are today.”

Hardcore Holly was the topic of discussion on the show and Ross mentioned Holly’s relationship with his tag team partner Crash Holly. Ross said there was one time where he had to calm Holly down from threatening Crash.

“As well as Bob is going to get along with anybody,” Ross said. “I think that Bob tolerated Crash well, he was younger and mischievous. There was that one time where Bob said he was going to kill him and we talked that through. The decision to murder was omitted from the equation.”

Ross also talked about Holly’s time on Tough Enough and an incident that he had with trainee Matt Cappotelli. On the show, Holly aggressive struck Cappotelli several times in the chest causing him to bleed. Cappotelli ended up winning the show, but the image of Holly being aggressive with him left a bad taste for many people.

“It wasn’t good,” Ross said. “I don’t know if it went all the way to an HR issue, it would’ve now. Today it wouldn’t pass at all. I’m a big believer that sometimes karma is a b---h. Matt Cappotelli, poor Matt battled cancer for seemingly forever and he was very popular.

“People knew he was fighting an enemy that many of us never even thought of. So, it wasn’t good. Bob got carried away and went over the line on some of this stuff. Vince wanted a character on that show and with that, here comes Bob Holly.”

Ross also talked about the 24/7 Championship that has been in the WWE for years. He said that type of match and 24/7 concept has run its course in the company.

“It’s a T.V. gimmick that’s run its course,” Ross said. “It was cool, kind of fun in the beginning, but like so many wrestling storylines or angles, it overstayed its welcome. It never appealed to me. I’m glad that guys got the opportunity to get increased television time because of it but it wasn’t my cup of tea.

“It was in the beginning but I think it’s overstayed its welcome.”
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2...dertaker-on-the-toughness-of-wrestlers-today/

Reactions: Carter

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Jim Ross Agrees With The Undertaker On The Toughness Of Wrestlers Today

Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2...dertaker-on-the-toughness-of-wrestlers-today/

Bob Hardcore Holly isn’t a good example, as he was clearly jealous that Crash Holly was a huge(and I mean Huge) draw and became a huge draw really quick with Bob’s own Holly name.

We shouldn’t use the backstage bullies as an example of comparing the past to the present because they never ever drew.

JBL Bradshaw wasn’t a draw.

Hardcore Holly wasn’t a draw

Stan Hansen wasn’t a draw

Benoit wasn’t a draw

We should be comparing today’s guys to the draws of previous eras, and even if some of them played politics, they were cordial, polite, didn’t bully people, didn’t do drugs etc

By using the bullies who didn’t draw, and trying to glamourize the drug use and etc you basically let the new guys win the argument and let them continue in their ways.

Instead of using a bully who didn’t draw like JBL or Benoit as examples, use someone like Rock or Kurt Angle who were mega draws and didn’t play video games backstage, and were mental tough and mental strong enough to respect others yet were cool and had charisma.

Using the non draws and bullies are just gonna make these guys think their right, if you use guys like Rock as examples, then they can’t argue against it

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Stan Hansen wasn't a draw :trumpout

• Haha
Reactions: Swamps

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Edge Reacts To The Undertaker Calling WWE Product “Soft”

WWE Hall of Famer Edge is the latest to share his two cents on The Undertaker recently labeling WWE’s current product “soft” and stating how the current crop of wrestlers lack “an edge to them.”

During a global WWE teleconference, Edge downplayed the controversial remarks and said they were taken out of context.

“I think any comment can be taken out of context and I think that’s part of what happened there,” said Edge [h/t SportsKeeda]. “In a three-hour interview, I think they took the most salacious 20-second clip. I think anybody, whoever steps foot into the wrestling ring, no matter what era – whether it be the 1940s, whether it be the 2020s – all tough.”

Edge went onto defend the younger generation and said they are faced with “different challenges” especially due to social media.

“All got into this because they love it, for the most part,” he said. “And there’s different challenges that come with every era, decade, and incarnation of what this business becomes. We didn’t have the challenge that is social media. Now it’s a great outlet in order to get your product out there, in order to make your brand bigger.

“But, there’s also a whole lot of hiccups and possible bumps on the road that come along with that. That’s a challenge we didn’t have to navigate. We just had to worry about getting to the building and producing. Now, the cameras never stop rolling. Now, every aspect of your life that is under a microscope. That’s an entirely different challenge than we ever encountered. It’s just different is all. To me, anybody who ever steps foot in there – bada*s.”

Edge, the winner of the 2021 Men’s Royal Rumble, appeared on this week’s NXT and teased a match against the NXT Champion at WrestleMania 37.
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2...-undertaker-calling-current-wwe-product-soft/

Reactions: Vegeta

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
For fuck sakes....all current guys have to do is just prove him wrong....and maybe current fans should stop whining and crying about it and just reinforcing his point.

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Bobby Lashley Agrees With The Undertaker’s ‘Soft’ Comments
The Undertaker ruffled some feathers in the WWE locker room recently with his comments about the current product and Superstars. He called the product “a little soft” and said that generation cares more about style than substance than his generation did.

Current Superstars like Roman Reigns and Drew McIntyre disagreed with Taker’s comments but not everyone has opposed what he said. One of those people who agrees with The Undertaker is Bobby Lashley as he explained on ESPN’s Cheap Heat podcast (h/t Post Wrestling for the transcription).

“Yeah, I don’t wanna say I agree with him completely — actually I can because it’s Taker. I can say I agree with him. So, I agree with him. You know what? That’s what The Hurt Business is about. I mean that’s why we came about because we were like, ‘What are we?’ And I was like, ‘We’re different from this generation,’” said Lashley. “Our generation came up — when I was in OVW about to go up on the road, everybody was warning us. They were like, ‘Man, you know JBL, you got Chris Benoit, you have Bob Holly, you have Undertaker, you have Booker T.’ All these guys, not one of these guys are punks. Fit Finlay, [William] Regal, not one of these guys have an ounce of punk in them. So, we were all like that’s our generation so coming in now, we were like, ‘We can’t do this generation. We can’t do what this generation is doing. We don’t wanna do what this generation is doing. We need to put our style on this generation’ and our style is bring ‘em in the ring and beat ‘em up, and if that can’t make it, they can’t make it because we gotta protect this business.

“Before when I was coming up, all the guys used to say they were beating up the guys coming up because they said they had to protect the business. They had to make sure these guys had the heart to it. We [don’t] want guys in the locker room crying. We don’t want guys that are always b*tching and bellyaching and everything like that. We beat ‘em up and we kick ‘em out, and some of the guys when we do that in the ring, you can do your little flippies and jumpies and all that stuff. I’m just gonna grab you, throw you down and beat you up.”

Lashley brought up The Hurt Business as a throwback to that old school mentality and the group has grown from a duo of Lashley and MVP to a trio with Shelton Benjamin to its current incarnation as a foursome with Cedric Alexander.

But is there the possibility that the faction could continue to grow with more members? Lashley was asked that and also if there could potentially be any female members of The Hurt Business.

“Well, first I’ll answer that [in] two parts. The first part is we don’t necessarily need anyone, because, I mean, we have everything that it takes to get everything that we want,” stated Lashley. “However, I think there’s some people on the roster that have kind of the same mentality that we have, that older school mentality. There’s a lot of names that have been thrown out, male and female. I like ‘em both. There’s a lot of names that have been thrown out.

“Mickie James came back with our era, so Mickie James has that old Hurt Business style from before. You have Naomi, she has that whoop a girl up attitude also, and there’s a lot of people on the guys side, there’s a lot of guys out there that kind of have that thought. We always hear people come to us and say, ‘Hey man, I wanna be a part of The Hurt Business.’ Whether they’re joking around or not, I think they’re really serious.”
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/02/bobby-lashley-agrees-with-the-undertakers-soft-comments/

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Good for Bobby keeping his working boots on for public appearances. :WOW

Reactions: Carter and Swamps

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Stan Hansen wasn't a draw :trumpout

Man, guess this guy didn't realize how huge Stan was in Japan. Also his early 90s WCW run was great.

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Man, guess this guy didn't realize how huge Stan was in Japan. Also his early 90s WCW run was great.

It’s irrelevant, he didn’t in the United States.

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
How is it irrelevant?

It has no relevancy to the United States Wrestling.

Two different cultures, what works there doesn’t work here.

NSYNC were the most over group in Germany in 1996-1997... didn’t mean squat and they didn’t draw a dime in the United States, they were irrelevant over here.

They had to get over from scratch in 1997-1998 and eventually became the top draws in music by 2000.

Stan Hansen doesn’t connect with audiences and doesn’t have the talent to draw in the United States Mainstream Wrestling scene.

Last edited:

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
It has no relevancy to the United States Wrestling.

Two different cultures, what works there doesn’t work here.

NSYNC were the most over group in Germany in 1996-1997... didn’t mean squat and they didn’t draw a dime in the United States, they were irrelevant over here.

They had to get over from scratch in 1997-1998 and eventually became the top draws in music by 2000.

Stan Hansen doesn’t connect with audiences and doesn’t have the talent to draw in the United States Mainstream Wrestling scene.

What?? Unless you're talking about Three Count, Why are you comparing a boy band to wrestling!? Hell, I dont even listen to that shit. I was a Metallica, Korn, and Rammstein fan during the TRL days. Which means I didn't watch that show. You all over the place, bro.

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
What?? Unless you're talking about Three Count, Why are you comparing a boy band to wrestling!? Hell, I dont even listen to that shit. I was a Metallica, Korn, and Rammstein fan during the TRL days. Which means I didn't watch that show. You all over the place, bro.

It’s an analogy.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It’s an analogy.
seems like it was pulled out of your ass.

Too bad Bobby Lashley can't say these kind of things on TV.....

• Haha
Reactions: Swamps and Carter