The Ultimate Warrior Responds to Vince McMahon, Thanks Him for the Welcome Back

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
The Ultimate Warrior posted the following message on Twitter in response to Vince McMahon welcoming him back to WWE last week:

"@VinceMcMahon Vince, thank you for your personal welcome back to the WWE Universe. It is noted and appreciated. All the Warriors of Parts Unknown take pride in being one of the original galaxies of the Universe you created. Not one of my days has passed without a flashback to my time in the business and my relationship with you. After 17 years of battling one another, perhaps the stars have finally aligned and Destiny is prepared to tell one of Sports Entertainment's greatest stories: how two of the industry's most determined, colorful, intense and explosive personalities brought to life a persona that made such an inspiring impression that it still captures the hearts and minds of fans all over the world, even all these years later. I am proud Ultimate Warrior is an iconic, immortal spirit in the Universe you created. I know, Vince McMahon, you are proud, too. The inhabitants of your WWE Universe believe your personal welcome is an invitation of sorts. If so, consider this my RSVP with one condition. Wisdom takes a seat at the table with us when we meet, but we each also leave unburied a slight edge of the hatchet we've carried over the years. that other gutless and heartless God-fearing men urge us to lay to rest forever. Face it, neither one of us were ever any good at being bored or boring others. So coming prepared to kill one another makes for a interesting backup plan. Always Believe, Warrior "
This was in response to "Vince McMahon" personally welcoming him back to the WWE on Twitter after being announced for the new WWE 2k14 game.

I hope to god something positive comes of this, I would mark like a bitch to see him back on TV & a Rumble appearance before being inducted to the Hall Of Fame.

Weez

Reaction score
I hate to admit it, but I would mark the fuck out, too. The guy is still in amazing shape. I think you hit it right on the head, Dale. A rumble appearance would be perfect

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Just imagine the music hitting and him coming down to the ring... :mark:

Exactly what I was going to say :mark:

WWE's really done good with burying hatchets lately, first Bruno, now Warrior, two most people didn't think we'd see for awhile longer.

Reaction score
Anyone else thought this is a massive fuck you to "Terry" by Warrior & Vince? Just a random thought that's came to mind after all the events of what happened with Macho Man and the way Hogan buried Macho Man etc?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
All hail the Warrior.

Greatest of all time.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
WWE could've done business with him along time ago, all Warrior ever said he wanted was an apology from Vince about the DVD.

Both guys were very similar personalities, which is why Vince picked Warrior over Hulkster way back when. Warrior also loves Linda and viewed her as a parentla figure (which McMahons are very good at, manipulation 101).

Let's hope Warrior doesn't start taking overthinking his character properties again and fuck this deal up like he fucked up his potential Cartoon Network show with Court Bauer.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Should be interesting to see how WWE goes about this. I wouldn't be surprised to see him used as some kind of fodder for an up and coming heel.

Weez

Reaction score
Should be interesting to see how WWE goes about this. I wouldn't be surprised to see him used as some kind of fodder for an up and coming heel.

Waste of his time tbh. Warrior isn't going to come back to full-time anyway, let alone to Job to Sandow and Ambrose lol. Have him reappear in the rumble, Eliminate a few guys then have the entire ring focus on eliminating him like he's the Big Show or Andre. Makes him look like a badass and doesn't weaken him by having the entire roster take him out lol.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Warrior's much more forgiving than me. That burial DVD was complete snake shit on the part of Vince. And regardless of any apologies, it's cemented on the internet forever.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Waste of his time tbh. Warrior isn't going to come back to full-time anyway, let alone to Job to Sandow and Ambrose lol. Have him reappear in the rumble, Eliminate a few guys then have the entire ring focus on eliminating him like he's the Big Show or Andre. Makes him look like a badass and doesn't weaken him by having the entire roster take him out lol.

So it's okay to have legends like Steamboat job to Chris Jericho(an established wrestler) but have Warrior put a young heel over is terrible right? Logic.

Weez

Reaction score
So it's okay to have legends like Steamboat job to Chris Jericho(an established wrestler) but have Warrior put a young heel over is terrible right? Logic.

Logic states that Steamboat isn't a former WWE World Champion. Logic states that Steamboat's gimmick wasn't an unbreakable other-worldly-powered Asskicking machine who Beat Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania. His entire gimmick is about being unstoppable. That gimmick is flatlined jobbing to Wade Barrett, Ambrose, Cesaro and the like.

In a time Hulkamania was unstoppable territory-destroying machine, The Warrior was as popular if not more popular for that small bit of time. The guy isn't your Steamboat, Piper, Snuka tier Legend.

Also, that was those 3 guys getting beat by a Multi-Time world champion in his Prime. Different booking logic completely. Also, Steamboat was made to look like the star he is in that match.

To me, if I'm a booker, I don't put midcarders over Legends that have held the World title. Even of that tier, I don't want Slaughter jobbing to anyone who doesn't at least hold the MITB Briefcase.

Obviously, I also don't want the normal former World Champ Legends to dominate either. Being the "Crafty veteran" and getting a roll-up win works for me.

Warrior's different. Fair or not, the guy is on another level and shouldn't be jobbing to nobodies. That said, outside of a Rumble appearance, I don't see him wrestling at all. The Rumble appearance would be great to setup his HOF entrance, but that's about it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Logic on a site that pisses and moans about Hogan, Flair working matches and yet when WWE is on good terms with a guy who is just as old, they want him to work?

lololololololololololologic imo.

Did anyone see him work with Orlando Jordan in UWE? Fucking terrible, having him work would just burn bridges again, he isn't Steamboat, he doesn't work, he tells the same story and is a dick about it too.

Think ffs.

Weez

Reaction score
Logic on a site that pisses and moans about Hogan, Flair working matches and yet when WWE is on good terms with a guy who is just as old, they want him to work?

lololololololololololologic imo.

Did anyone see him work with Orlando Jordan in UWE? Fucking terrible, having him work would just burn bridges again, he isn't Steamboat, he doesn't work, he tells the same story and is a dick about it too.

Think ffs.

Yes, I did see that actually. Twas awful. Here's the other side of the coin that I didn't bring up.

Warrior is all about Warrior. He's not going to sign up to come in and job. He's not some broke former champion. He's been smart with his money and is set. He's not going anywhere to job. Never will. The Rumble scenario is about as good as it's gonna get.

If it's brought up, I'd bet my yearly salary that Vince has to talk him down from WINNING the fucking Rumble. The guy's got an ego as big as Vince's.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Don't know why so many people are discussing him wrestling. I see this as a way to get him in the HOF, create a new DVD and start hawking his merchandise again. Good way for both side to make good money and money heals all wounds. It fills another gap in the HOF a year after they sorted out the Bruno situation. It would be fun to hear his music hit again and see him run out but I don't want to see him in the ring wrestling again.