The Thread of God aka CM Punk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
^^^ How's that sloppy booking? Lazy, maybe, but you can't call it sloppy till it's been executed.

Just to fuel the speculation:

somewhere credible said:
WWE has just trademarked Punk's name for merchandising. That means they are looking at putting out a product line for him. That doesn't necessarily mean he's turning babyface (although the TV certainly indicated that, as did the Australia match), but it's another hint.

Punk giving WWE the rights to his name was an issue in the past. It would indicate both a new deal has been reached in some form. Regarding Punk's ownership of his name, even though WWE has trademarked the name, since Punk brought the name with him into the business relationship, they can never stop him from using it after leaving the relationship because he created the intellectual property. This just gives WWE the right to merchandise the name and likeness.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
That's the Rock for those of you who don't watch bad disney movies.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Damnit Cena! Why do you try to make me like you NOW!?

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
^Yeah dude. I'm starting to realize how great this guy is and how much he loves this company.

1chiban

Reaction score
I don't think anyone can deny how much Cena loves wrestling and the WWE...

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I've never questioned the hard work, I've just always wondered why he took the most, as CM Punk said, asskissing route to being the main guy. Cena's an undeniable figure... he's the man whether we like it or not, but he could do so much more to get over more than he already is. The kids are going to buy his merchandise no matter what he does... he could be a little more loose on the mic and not be the corny bastard he has been, and be one of those figures who stands out vocally instead of seeming like he's mocking the PG rating.

That's always been my problem with Cena, I suppose. He's capable of so much more, but he lets himself get by doing the bare minimum in the ring and on the mic. Sure it works, but if he maximized his talents, he could skyrocket the product to heights it hasn't seen since 2002/3. I'm hoping that is where this current storyline leads, and it's why I'm hoping the Mr. McMahon character returns, even just a week or two out of every month and a half. IDK, I suppose the WWE dumps all over this angle when it's finished, but I enjoy the Cena who takes this company more seriously than the fucks who run it...

Rell

Reaction score
as CM Punk said, asskissing route to being the main guy...

yeah, according to dirtsheets

we don't actually know what goes on behind the scenes. CM Punks worked shoot was exactly that, a WORKED shoot.

He just praised Cena's hard work at some random house show. All that ass kissing talk is based on nothing but speculation and personal agendas.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
yeah, according to dirtsheets

we don't actually know what goes on behind the scenes. CM Punks worked shoot was exactly that, a WORKED shoot.

He just praised Cena's hard work at some random house show. All that ass kissing talk is based on nothing but speculation and personal agendas.
Actually, he said he's not featured like Cena because he doesn't asskiss like Cena... he's basically saying hard work isn't enough to get by in the WWE... that's all.

Rell

Reaction score
Actually, he said he's not featured like Cena because he doesn't asskiss like Cena... he's basically saying hard work isn't enough to get by in the WWE... that's all.

I'm guessing you're one of those dudes who believes CM Punks promo was a legit from-the-heart shoot, and not an angle lol...

don't be naive

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I'm guessing you're one of those dudes who believes CM Punks promo was a legit from-the-heart shoot, and not an angle lol...

don't be naive

No, all I'm saying is that it's possible he meant both comments. He works as hard as Cena, but doesn't kiss ass like Cena does, therefore he doesn't get the perks Cena gets.

It's the same as saying "I respect the QB of my favorite team's rival, but I still hate his fucking guts!"

Rell

Reaction score
lol I hear you

I personally don't buy all that ass kissing bullshit. Cena moves merchandise and can draw an audience, therefor he's pushed to the moon.

its good business. The Rock vs Cena will probably make next years Mania a record breaker in terms of buys. Ass kissing has nothing to do with that. Like I said, its good business.

yeah, it sucks that guys like Punk have to take the backseat to them, but that's just how the game goes. Vince would be an idiot to NOT milk the cash cow for all its worth.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
[yt]7fUW7zszlSg[/yt]

So I suppose Chris Jericho doesn't love wwe's fans or wrestling, cause "HE TURNED HIS BACK ON US! ...Ka-Durrh?!"
I mean, just cause the dude(rock/y2j) is at a point where he could sing songs (or star in movies like The Rock), doesn't mean he don't love wrestling, just means he's making the most out of life or some crap. blah