The Thread of God aka CM Punk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I know WWE would never have the balls to do it (and CM Punk is so much better as a heel) but could you imagine if WWE actually pulled the trigger and did a double turn?

Not because they wouldn't have the balls, but because that would not make any sense whatsoever.

Axis

Reaction score
Unfortunately, McMahon family turns specialize in not making sense =(

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Not because they wouldn't have the balls, but because that would not make any sense whatsoever.

I have to agree here. I want to see the Cena turn as much as everyone else, but trying to turn CM Punk face, especially after the promo where he told everyone (from Vince and the WWE to the fans) to fuck off basically would make absolutely no fucking sense at all lmao.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
Am I the only one who genuinely believes that Punk is done with the WWE? I believe that the suspension is genuine and it might be one final push by the organisation to have a carrot and stick factor in negotiations as he's not responded well to the carrot method.

Rell

Reaction score
Am I the only one who genuinely believes that Punk is done with the WWE?

No, I'm with you.

I don't believe the suspension is legit, but I do feel MITB is the last we'll see of him for a while. I'm sure he'll pull a Jericho and return somewhere down the line.

seX-Power

Reaction score
The suspension's definitely made up to add to the storyline but I'm pretty sure that Money In The Bank's the last we'll see of him, at least for a few years. It's a pity he's (apparently) so unhappy there.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Probably just a bit burned out...

wrestling a ton of matches per year and the politics and what not.

he'll probably go run off and cry in his little AFI emo pillow for a while, get it out of his girly inferior liberal emo system, then come back and idk.

probably wwe and all that stuff.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Now I believe he's leaving:

- Colt Cabana recently spoke with the Miami Herald about CM Punk leaving WWE, here are some comments from Cabana…

"From being laughed at by the trainers in Ohio Valley Wrestling to Paul [Heyman] finally bringing him up and everybody treating him like dirt, telling him he has an attitude problem and calling him the ‘King of the Indies,'. Just looking down on him, he just felt shunned his whole time there. It was a complete struggle."

"The power of him not really caring because he was ready to leave — I always said the power of not giving a s--- is so important. He is really at the point where he just wants to get out of there. It's too frustrating for him. If he said anything that made anybody mad, what are they going to do to him? Not re-sign him? He doesn't want to be there.

"So I think that idea is so powerful. He is so strong in his beliefs with the straight edge lifestyle. By being how strong headed that he is, he was able to have the power to go out on television and say what probably every other wrestler has wanted to say. He made unbelievable television. He made unbelievable history in wrestling.

"He almost has the ability to change professional wrestling as we know it. It has been so stagnant and vanilla. It kind of shook up the wrestling world because of his real life frustrations."

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I don't get why people need Colt to 'prove' that Punk is leaving.

It was so evident without Colt that he was leaving. Punk is very honest and everything he said is exactly what he thought of the WWE. I didn't doubt for a second his departure was true.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I'm still 50/50 on work/reality with this Punk is leaving bit. He'll have to be gone for a long ass time for me to buy into it as he's really leaving,

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Why are people saying this was a great promo? It wasn't a promo at all. I guarantee that he legit believed everything he was saying and that was the real Phil Brooks talking, not CM Punk. As usual, people are going overboard with it...but the execution of what he said and the intrigue it sets up is undeniable. He did a fine job.

...However, thie segment didn't change wrestling or any of that bullshit, and the sad reality is that 250,000 buys (for a show with two MITB matches to help) is the absolute ceiling for this upcoming show, and honestly, people are praising WWE, but giving him the OK to do what he did just seemed like a cry for help, a last ditch effort, a desperate attempt at gaining buzz. Isn't it a shame that to get such a reaction WWE has to have this "shoot promo" or have a renegade gang destroy the ring and all that? If the WWE had everything straight, people would be excited about Punk/Cena matching up for the title, or some great storyline or rivalry...

Punk did a great job though.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Why are people saying this was a great promo? It wasn't a promo at all. I guarantee that he legit believed everything he was saying and that was the real Phil Brooks talking, not CM Punk. As usual, people are going overboard with it...but the execution of what he said and the intrigue it sets up is undeniable. He did a fine job.

Disagree. I think that like any great storyteller, he artfully mixed facts and fiction to garner the reaction he wanted.

...However, thie segment didn't change wrestling or any of that bullshit, and the sad reality is that 250,000 buys (for a show with two MITB matches to help) is the absolute ceiling for this upcoming show, and honestly, people are praising WWE, but giving him the OK to do what he did just seemed like a cry for help, a last ditch effort, a desperate attempt at gaining buzz. Isn't it a shame that to get such a reaction WWE has to have this "shoot promo" or have a renegade gang destroy the ring and all that? If the WWE had everything straight, people would be excited about Punk/Cena matching up for the title, or some great storyline or rivalry...

Kind of agree. I can`t be fully on board though until I see what the end result of this is though. I know that WWE never properly follows through, but on the off chance that they do, I`ll wait to see what they do with this.

seX-Power

Reaction score
of course if punk does leave he would have just been fucking with the IWC with those twitter comments that mimic the ones he made before the last summer of punk

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
...Colt Cabana just got a fat check from Vince McMahon, that's for sure.

Punk might feel this way, but I'm of the belief he either has a contract already... or the extension was really provided so that Vince could hammer out details of his contract. There's no way that if he was DEAD SET on leaving and never coming back, that the WWE puts him in this match and extends his contract for the duration to put him in it, when they could easily write him off in a loser leaves town match on a Raw show.

Do I believe there's a possibility he doesn't resign? Of course. But this seems like it has work written all over it.