The Thread of God aka CM Punk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

soulpower

Reaction score
Cena was "fired" last year? What was the stipulation. Must have not watched then or forgot.

Cena faced Barrett at a PPV (Can't remember the name). If Cena won, he would be released from Nexus, if Barrett won (which he did), Cena would have been fired.

Also, awesome sig ... (Great One, I believe). Its been a while since I've watched Trainspotting.

Rell

Reaction score
its Rell

Carlos switched our names for some unknown Blue reason

love Trainspotting.

but yeah, like you said in the shoutbox, Cena is banged up and in need of some time off. I still say Alberto leaves MITB with the championship around his waist. If you've read the spoilers, you'd see my reasoning.

seX-Power

Reaction score
"- Sources report that CM Punk's entire promo at the end of RAW this week was improvised by Punk and not scripted. Nobody in the back knew what Punk was going to say until he said it live on RAW.

WWE officials told Punk to go out and say in his own words why he was leaving the company, why he wanted the WWE Title and why he wanted to leave with it in his possession. There was a discussion that when officials felt Punk was going too far, they would pull the plug on the segment and cut his mic.

It's said that Punk was upset months ago when Triple H came back to feud with The Undertaker and while some of his comments on RAW towards Vince McMahon were well thought out to appear not as a shoot to the average viewer, most believe that Punk's comments towards Triple H and John Laurinaitis were strictly a shoot.

Word also is that Punk had some notes for his speech jotted down on his wrist tape.

As far as his contract status, Punk's deal apparently expires the second week of July but he signed an extension to work through Money in the Bank. Still with last night's new storyline development, sources maintain that Punk is leaving at Money in the Bank."

"- WWE posted the following storyline update this afternoon on CM Punk:

"UPDATE: As of Tuesday, June 28, WWE and CM Punk have reached an agreement that Punk will fulfill his non-televised live event obligations for the remainder of his contract, through July 17. Furthermore, both sides have mutually agreed not to disparage one another.""

from lordsofpain

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
And me. smurf.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
The fact that someone told him to go out and say whatever the Hell he wanted and that if he went to far, they'd cut him off...

...the WWE gets major props for Raw. IDK about the entire buildup and the end of all of this, but that's amazing that they did that for him.

I still personally go back to when I read a report saying the plan was to have Punk go over Cena in this program if it came down to them using him instead of ADR... and that leaves some doubt in my mind that Cena wins, so I'm not sold on it 100%. I do know that Cena recently mentioned something about filming another movie soon... although I don't know how that looks on him vs. The Rock with the whole "Rock left to do Hollywood" schtick he's used.

Regardless, the WWE just cashed in on one of their greatest promos yet... half-shoot or full work no matter... CM Punk basically just put out a 2500 yard rushing season in the NFL on a contract year... just won MVP, 28 PPG, 11 AST, 8 REB, 2 STL's... crowned homerun king of the season... he's the biggest free agent on the market...

seX-Power

Reaction score
i'm thinging that punk wins and del rio cashes in. they obviously want del rio to have a title run in the near future but i doubt they're ready to have him go over cena, so that makes sense. also it being in chicago means del rio will still get booed.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Will still get booed? No fucking shit. Especially if he ended up pinning Punk to get the title. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
If it's on TV then it's part of the show, if it's not on TV then it's not part of the show.

New Jack stabbing that fat kid wasn't part of the show because it wasn't on TV. This whole thing was a work, there's no reason to pre-tape a show the next show when something like this happens. I'm definately stream hunting for this PPV.

You're out your fuckin mind if you think I'mma BUY a WWE PPV in 2011.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Kinda had Two Thoughts on this:

The Non Thought out, on the spot thought:

"Ka Wha-Wha, what a whiney emo bitch, sitting down lookin' like he gon' slice his own wrists over some friggin' wrestling politics. I'm sure some war veterans wouldn't mind that million some dollars you make!"

The after watching the video took me ten minutes to think thought:
"what a whiney beee- atch!" :na:

nah, but seriously, I freaking loved it.

Best Part: Cena having to lay down on that broken table for like ... a long ass time.

...god...

Reaction score
The 2010 Nexus storyline probably marked one of the biggest jokes in wrestling, surprised no one complained about it more. Cena gives some bullshit speech and starts crying that he'll finally get to see his mom again and take time off of wrestling. Pretty believable and well-done, I'll give him that, but then he successfully 'trolled' his entire fanbase and came back the next week, fantastic. Yeah, Punk brought it up multiple times, it was funny. He even said it pretty much just like that, asking why they still cheer him for that shit he pulled.

Reaction score
I know WWE would never have the balls to do it (and CM Punk is so much better as a heel) but could you imagine if WWE actually pulled the trigger and did a double turn?