The Thread of God aka CM Punk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
It was during the commercial break before his match with Kane.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
"I don't suck, you suck! That was AWESOME!"

YES! YES! YES!

Barack Obama, GTFO! CM Punk's a real Chicago native who could lead this nation (and world) to glory!

straight_edge76

Reaction score
The promo itself was FUCKING brilliant. Seriously, he's the best in the biz when it comes to cutting a promo. Nobody (not named Jericho) is even close imo. What he said was spot on with what about 95% of the IWC thinks, I also loved how he threw the IWC smarks under the bus with the 5 am airport refernce (which he talked about on a radio interview I saw on YouTube). I think if booked correctly, and of course if he in facts stays with the WWE that this could make for an interesting few months.

I think the Austin shirt was symbolic, almost like it was his own Austin 3:16 moment if you will. In a few years this will be one of those "where were you" scenarios kind of like the Austin 3:16 promo, the Vince on Nitro promo, when Austin turned heel at Wrestlemania 17, shit like that. It also may have been a show of respect. Like mentioned before, he didn't say Austin was an 'ass kisser' and on twitter Austin has been very open about how he feels Punk has been misused (much like Paul E). I will however admit, at first I thought it was legit, but after rewatching it it's very obvious that it is. But regardless, he's created a buzz not seen in nearly a decade. I know people who haven't watched WWE since Austin left that were talking to me about it. You know he is good at what he does when he even gives the IWC even a glimmer of doubt that it was a work. Props to Punk.

The only way it would have been better would've been a Benoit reference lmao.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I love this. In fact, this is the greatest single thing I've seen in wrestling in a long time. It won't be as long or drawn out as the nWo, DX, WWE Attitude, or whatever else is named as "the greatest moments" but I will remember this for the rest of my life. Fucking brilliant.

nation

Reaction score
If you don't think its a work I...wow. prefer heyman's worked shoots in 01 and 05 better, but name dropping always gets the iwc wet. Still a very well executed peice by the best going today.

I'm fucking soaked!

...god...

Reaction score
Kurt Angle posted the following on his official Twitter account (@anglefoods1):

"CM Punk had classic promo last night. Good for Him. But if U ever say another word about Me again, Ur toast! If U don't believe Me, try Me!"

:roflmao:

Anyone else have people's reactions other than Colt Cabana, Luke? Like say Austin, Rock, or Triple H's notably.

...god...

Reaction score
I knew it wouldn't be long until my email box was flooded with interpretations of Kurt Angle's tweets about CM Punk. Thanks to everyone who sent in the following "possible" meanings. Please, no more though. I imagine Kurt will explain himself at some point if he feels the need. Either way, enjoy:

Possible Meaning #1: "Kurt Angle was drunk and actually thinks he heard his name mentioned during Punk's promo" (sent in by Rebel222)

Possible Meanting #2: "I think [Kurt] took it personal (maybe he's talking in character on tweeter) that cm punk said he was the best wrestler in the world, angle we all know takes pride in being the best WRESTLER in the world, maybe that's what kurt is talking about, and who knows if he's challenging punk to come to tna when he says "TRY ME", in a possible dream match". (sent in by Carlos)

Possible (and most likely) Meaning #3: "I believe Angle was referring to an incident on twitter that took place a few months ago after he claimed that his twitter account had been hacked. After Angle made that claim, Punk tweeted something along the lines of "...saying your twitter account has been hacked is the 21st century code language for 'I'm a douchebag'"

So I'm pretty sure that comment from Punk is what Angle is reffering to. He was not suggesting that Punk mentioned him last night on RAW." (sent in by Matt and a slew of others)

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Jericho: -- As noted earlier, Jericho also tweeted the following last night regarding CM Punk's promo: "Congrats to @cmpunk and Vince McMahon for doing something tonight that hasn't been done in awhile...make history."

MVP: MVP tweeted the following on CM Punk's RAW promo: "My verdict after watching the @CMPunk promo, he just had his Austin 3:16 moment. Don't f*** this one up WWE"

Mick Foley: I have no idea where this @cmpunk thing might go, but I know I'll be watching. Captivating stuff.

Jim Ross: Most compelling, controversial end of Raw in a long time. @cmpunk edgy, attitudinal & full of rage. Don't know what to think. Wow.

Joey Styles: Holy crap! I thought I was bad when I was shooting on Vince and the company. OMG! Holy crap!

Tazz: Punk did a great job & I always liked him when we were in wwe together and his work! But I must say... There are many of us who were NEVER pushed to the level Punk was & were NEVER allowed to shoot like that, he's lucky he was allowed to do that.

...god...

Reaction score
steveaustinBSR Steve Austin
@CMPunk just melted my 52 inch TV with a scorching hot promo...delivery, content, and attitude...one of the best promos I've ever seen.

Ladies and germs-I have no idea why @CMPunk wore my shirt tonite...but it looked damn good on him...thanks @AverageJoeArt for the design.
21 hours ago

@
@EricCalcara_35 what the hell do you know about a worked shoot? And fake as hell?..it was a damn good promo and thats the bottom line.
21 hours ago

Shawn Michaels: “2 words 4 @CMPunk- thata boy. Felt like old times. Anywho, back 2 my normal life, tweet u on touchdown:)

Daniel Bryan: “With revolution dripping off his lips with every word, @CMPunk was a god last night.”

Chavo Guerrero: “Did u see @CmPunk promo last night? WOW! If all those things are being said by a guy being used…think how I feel! Good Job Punk!”

Maryse: “@CMPunk for President of the United-States….”

Todd Grisham: “Punk came unhinged tonight. Never seen anything like it in my 8 years @WWE”

JBL: “CM Punk’s promo-shoot or work? Who cares? When you are so good that you can put that doubt in viewers minds you have done your job very well”

and last:

CMPunk CM Punk
I'm in full, "what are they going to do, fire me?" mode.
27 Jun

Rell

Reaction score
WWE fucking this up is inevitable.

I hate having this mindset, but after witnessing the fuckery that went on with The Nexus, I have little faith.

...god...

Reaction score
they kinda already did fuck it up imo. belows gonna be spoilers:

Inserting the if Cena loses he's fired shit was just so unnecessary and dumb and made this more about Cena once again and now it's obvious Punk won't win, whereas he had you believing the opposite, because they won't fire this dumbass (again).

soulpower

Reaction score
^^^ I'm actually hoping that the next time Punk is on RAW, he actually mentions the fact that Cena was "fired" last year, yet still managed to show up on EVERY SINGLE RAW!!!!

Something that Punk mentioned a couple of times when he was announcing.

Rell

Reaction score
wait, they already taped RAW?

:roflmao:

^^^ I'm actually hoping that the next time Punk is on RAW, he actually mentions the fact that Cena was "fired" last year, yet still managed to show up on EVERY SINGLE RAW!!!!

Something that Punk mentioned a couple of times when he was announcing.

that would be fuckin awesome

I just read the spoilers in full, and I simply don't know what to think

Cena defending Punk...*sigh*...

I wont spoil, but I have a feeling this'll either lead to Punk losing and Alberto cashing in the MITB briefcase, or Punk winning and Alberto cashing in the MITB briefcase. Either way, Alberto is leaving MITB with the championship, which means Cena will still be employed.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Cena was "fired" last year? What was the stipulation. Must have not watched then or forgot.

Rell

Reaction score
Cena was "fired" last year? What was the stipulation. Must have not watched then or forgot.

Can't remember, but I'm 100% sure it had something to do with Nexus.