The state of TNA - not as bad as you think

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Double J

Reaction score
Orlando Jordan/Eric Young: What an awful awful awful team, poor Eric Young, the guy goes from leader of World Elite to the job squad with Orlando Jordan. They even gave him his old Blue gimmick back, he must be the @TNAngry guy on twitter.

This is just Russo/Hogan/Bisch rehashing another WWE storyline.

The Eric Young thing i agree is kinda shit... i think they should work him into an angle with Nash and Sting since hes already teamed with Nash on a few occasions

No. Young has always just looked out of place when teamed with Nash, was even worse when they put him with The Band.

Did he really refuse to drop it?? Or is it just another bad move by TNA?

He didn't refuse to drop it. Bischoff and Hogan think he's the top star and they didn't want him looking bad just because they fucked his contract up so they...

It's not been said out right that he refused to drop it but after reading RVD's last rant about how he's the greatest thing in TNA it wouldn't surprise me in the least that he didn't want to drop the title to anyone. Hell he probably wanted to take the title with him on his vacation but Dixie said no.

As far as his contract I still call bull shit.They didn't screw his contract up, RVD most likely wouldn't sign a long term deal with Hogan and just wanted something short so if he decided he didn't want to stay in TNA he could just leave soon. There's no legal reason that RVD has to be off tv. Wrestler's contracts come up for renewal and are reworked all the time with the wrestler still working shows. I don't see why TNA couldn't draw up a contract and OK it with RVD legalize it and then just use up all his current dates he has left and then start the new contract.

No RVD most likely just wants time off in the middle of his damn run. Only other option I could think of that makes sense is RVD's head has gotten to be as big as Hogan's and so he's demanding more money from TNA to sign a new contract and so TNA's having him go on vaction just to keep him in a contract for as long as possible.

I think the tournament will bring decent ratings just because Angle says he'll retire if he loses.

I probably just missed it, but did Angle actually come out and say that if he lost in the Tournament that he would retire from TNA? His original promise wasn't that if he lost another match period he would retire, just that if he lost to one of the guys during his journey to the top and/or lost to the champ once he's number one contender he'd quit.

Since he got put in the tourney and skipped ahead of some people in the rankings I wouldn't think this would count for his retirement clause, granted this is TNA writing we're talking about.

On the other hand, Magnus and Wolfe .. they could be a good team? their both farely talented...

I agree this teaming does have potential if done right, both guys are good in the ring and Wolfe is good on the mic. As long as they are made an official tag team and not just another WWE team then they could go somewhere. If I remember correctly many people thought the pairing of Roode and Storm was a horrible idea but you see where they are now.

Reaction score
^^^But Roode and Storm were both polished acts that balanced each other and made for an awesome team. Magnus is average in the ring and really bland on the mic, Wolfe surpasses him in both avenues and this team is basically Wolfe carrying Magnus and the only apparent reason they are paired together is because they have nothing to do with them and they are limeys. It's a demotion for Wolfe considering where he was months back and a promotion for Magnus considering how little he has been on t.v.

The RKO Disciple

Reaction score
i feel bad for my boy sting but at the same time he chose to roll with the sinking ship not stating its the company in mind here but the way the storylines are, the talent usage, and the old guys appearing often and less young visual development, unless were speaking Motor City MG, i mean bout time they got a push, also; RVD's 'vacated title' thing is ok i guess, i'll take that better then him losing to a jabroni he shouldn't lose to. as far as the state of tna as a whole, they better pick up their game because its not looking good when you showcase old guys over young talent and your rival shows young talent with 'vets' and has a crappy pg era yet still sells more, and is loved more, then a TV-14 TNA. *sighs*