The state of TNA - not as bad as you think

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

Reaction score
Pros:

RVD/Abyss:
This feud actially means something now, RVD's injury was covered in detail on the Reaction show, and with rumors of a Monster's Ball match at Bound For Glory looming, you have to believe this feud has been given new life.

EV2.0/Fortune: I absolutely love Ric Flair's new group, they are extremely entertaining and most of all, filled with pure raw talent. Kazarian, Beer Money, Matt Morgan, AJ Styles, Douglas Williams = awesome. As long as they go over EV2.0 in the end, I'll be more than happy with this feud.

Velvet/Angelina: I know the Knockouts division will never be the same was it once was, but you have to be happy with the recent developments with Angelina and Velvet. When they were together, they ruled the Knockouts division, they have such great chemistry as a team and its great to see TNA is putting them back together.

Tag Team division is strong: The TNA Tag Team Division is awesome right now, The Motor City Machine Guns are finally the tag champions, coming off a phenomenal best of 5 series with Beer Money. Magnus/Wolfe, a great pairing, are the current number 1 contenders and I'm very much looking forward to their feud with MCMG. Overall, the tag division has some depth again, and you just can't go wrong with Shelley and Sabin as your champions.

World Title picture: This new World Title tournament looks very interesting, most of the guys involved have never held the TNA World Title so an element of unpredictability is added to the mix. I'm hoping for Pope/Angle in the finals and the main event of Bound For Glory

TNA Reaction: This is a compelling show that gives you a deeper look at the storylines, I really like the idea and wouldn't mind seeing this show stick around for some time.

Cons:

Motorcycle chick:
This stupid angle needs to stop now, everyone knows its Tara, just end it.

Douglas Williams defend your title!: Is it just me or has Douglas Williams not defended his belt in a while? TNA needs to remember they have an X-Division, they should give Williams some title defenses against Amazing Red or Max/Jeremy Buck.

Nash/Sting/Jarrett/Hogan: Not interested in this feud, 4 old guys flopping around...fail.

Orlando Jordan/Eric Young: What an awful awful awful team, poor Eric Young, the guy goes from leader of World Elite to the job squad with Orlando Jordan. They even gave him his old Blue gimmick back, he must be the @TNAngry guy on twitter.

Despite the cons, TNA is going in an overall much better direction over the last few weeks, lets just hope they keep it up.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
The only reason this whole EV.20/Fortune thing started was because RVD needed a way to get oof TV for a while, thus vacating the title...because he was too good to drop it.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
The Eric Young thing i agree is kinda shit... i think they should work him into an angle with Nash and Sting since hes already teamed with Nash on a few occasions

CMS

Reaction score
I disagree about RVD/Abyss. I don't care if the feud has new life, at the end of the day, it's still Abyss and RVD feuding, and that has clusterfuck written all over it.

Reaction score
The only reason this whole EV.20/Fortune thing started was because RVD needed a way to get oof TV for a while, thus vacating the title...because he was too good to drop it.

Did he really refuse to drop it?? Or is it just another bad move by TNA? Either way it's bad business to have the guy vacate the belt if he can actually drop it, because some one can be put over and it's bad to let someone like RVD get an ego and have him refuse to drop the belt. They already have a problem with young talent being resentful about how they are taking a backseat to the older guys with Joe getting suspended and AJ popping his mouth off in interviews. Like it or not, TNA is still in the same boat with or without the old guys, but if they start losing their established younger talent than they are severely hurting their future as they'll lose that smark portion of their audience and they don't need to be fueling the growth of that Florida outfit.

...god...

Reaction score
TNA's fuck up I think, they prob fucked up his contract and didn't know what to do.

Reaction score
Last night's episode of TNA Impact dipped below the 1.00 rating benchmark following the 1.15 rating for last week's "Whole F'n Show" episode.

We don't have the official TV rating yet. Impact was out of the Top 50 among cable TV programs last night and the lowest-rated show in the Top 50 chart was a 0.98 rating.

Looking at the target audience ratings, Impact's demographic ratings among males 18-34 and 18-49 were the lowest in five weeks.

Impact scored a 0.71 rating among both key male demographics. Last week's show scored a 0.88 rating among m18-49 and a 0.83 rating among m18-34.

In addition to losing older male viewers, Impact's rating among teenage males dropped nearly 30 percent. Impact scored a 0.85 rating among males 12-17, compared to a 1.19 rating in the demo last week.

Looking at competition on cable TV last night, MTV's "Jersey Shore" hit a series high in the adult demographic, but USA Network's scripted shows on Thursday nights were down slightly in total viewers.

The following is a review of the last ten weeks capturing Impact's ratings this week returning to the previous level from June.

June 17 - 0.99 rating
June 24 - 0.98 rating
July 1 - 0.99 rating
July 8 - 1.14 rating
July 15 - 1.09 rating
July 22 - 1.06 rating
July 29 - 1.22 rating
Aug. 5 - 1.21 rating
Aug. 12 - 1.15 rating
Aug. 19 - below 0.98 rating

looooooooooooool

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Did he really refuse to drop it?? Or is it just another bad move by TNA? Either way it's bad business to have the guy vacate the belt if he can actually drop it, because some one can be put over and it's bad to let someone like RVD get an ego and have him refuse to drop the belt. They already have a problem with young talent being resentful about how they are taking a backseat to the older guys with Joe getting suspended and AJ popping his mouth off in interviews. Like it or not, TNA is still in the same boat with or without the old guys, but if they start losing their established younger talent than they are severely hurting their future as they'll lose that smark portion of their audience and they don't need to be fueling the growth of that Florida outfit.

I think it was Hogan/Bischoff's decision at the end of the day but still RVD could have convinced them to let him put over someone and lose the title then he could take his break

imported_Adam

Reaction score
He didn't refuse to drop it. Bischoff and Hogan think he's the top star and they didn't want him looking bad just because they fucked his contract up so they made this injury and vacate storyline up so they could take up time with a tournament, the fans would have sympathy for RVD while hes "Injured" and that way the fans would care all that much when he came back instead of not caring because they know he just took a vacation.

Reaction score
The world title picture and the tourny won't lead to anything long term. This past February they had Pope go over huge in tourny, lose momentum in March and again inserted into the title picture in April for a predictable lose. Hasn't been seen anywhere near the title since. The same will happen this time but it will be Hardy vs. Angle.

Reaction score
Was there a rating bump when he wrestled Williams? I doubt it as nobody knew the match was happening and wasn't a channel changing even by any means.

...god...

Reaction score
Last night's episode of TNA Impact dipped below the 1.00 rating benchmark following the 1.15 rating for last week's "Whole F'n Show" episode.

We don't have the official TV rating yet. Impact was out of the Top 50 among cable TV programs last night and the lowest-rated show in the Top 50 chart was a 0.98 rating.

Looking at the target audience ratings, Impact's demographic ratings among males 18-34 and 18-49 were the lowest in five weeks.

Impact scored a 0.71 rating among both key male demographics. Last week's show scored a 0.88 rating among m18-49 and a 0.83 rating among m18-34.

In addition to losing older male viewers, Impact's rating among teenage males dropped nearly 30 percent. Impact scored a 0.85 rating among males 12-17, compared to a 1.19 rating in the demo last week.

Looking at competition on cable TV last night, MTV's "Jersey Shore" hit a series high in the adult demographic, but USA Network's scripted shows on Thursday nights were down slightly in total viewers.

The following is a review of the last ten weeks capturing Impact's ratings this week returning to the previous level from June.

June 17 - 0.99 rating
June 24 - 0.98 rating
July 1 - 0.99 rating
July 8 - 1.14 rating
July 15 - 1.09 rating
July 22 - 1.06 rating
July 29 - 1.22 rating
Aug. 5 - 1.21 rating
Aug. 12 - 1.15 rating
Aug. 19 - below 0.98 rating

looooooooooooool
That's actually really sad because TNA was VERY good this week. Awesome tournament, awesome finishes (Kurt Angle vs. Douglas Williams was the shit). Fucking freaked for Angelina/Velvet reuniting, they built it up perfectly and it's probably the most I've ever been excited for something involving women's wrestling, hopefully they won't drag out this masked shit too long (see: Joey Mercury). Fortune beating up all the old guys was so symbolically nice, maybe TNA telling the fans something as a whole. But most of all, the tournament looks bad ass: Angle, Hardy, Pope, Anderson, pretty much TNA's elite right there, and I'm happy to see that it's probably going to come down to Angle and Anderson. Possibly re-heel turn with Anderson cheating to fire Angle? It's always what he wanted and he failed before, it would be perfect and then Anderson wins the gold (who truly I'd like to see win other than Pope who I doubt will win, but he could chase the title nicely for a culmination). Hardy's fat, like his brother, so fuck that and this would be the best way for Angle to wrap up with TNA, going out in facing the guy he had like the greatest feud with earlier this year.

Also, don't know why AJ couldn't beat Tommy fucking Dreamer clean.

Reaction score
Does anyone know when Kurt's deal with TNA expires? I really think it's time for him to move on, he's done everything there is to do there and honestly, I'd rather a Sting title run than another Kurt Angle run. He really, really needs to go home to the WWE. There is so much he can do there and they really need eachother.

As far as the TNA title, I think TNA really needs to throw that in left field as far as possible. Give the fans a real darkhorse, unexpected champ, give them Pope. I really feel so sorry for how so poorly Joe has been handled, because if they really wanted to make money off of their young talent, Joe as champ would have been such a great foil to Fortune, but he's been so terribly screwed the past two years that its saddening on seeing such great opportunities wasted, same for Desmond Wolfe. He's teaming with Brutus Magnus now?? Poor bastard.

...god...

Reaction score
I cry every night for Desmond Wolfe. He should be in this tournament sigh. Although I do like Magnus, fucker is 23 years old, never knew this. And I guarantee Angle is going out at Bound For Glory, it'll be his last match and it better be, when's a better time to leave? Kurt Angle's last match at BFG 2010. Sounds like a good amount of time to make a surprise entrant Royal Rumble return to me.