The Stardust thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I guess you can only stay butt-hurt so long. People wanted a turn once he started tagging with Sandow.
Once MITB 2013 came and went, WWE offered Cody a storyline and he took it. Here we are today
Cody doesn't have the benefit of being Randy Orton, where no matter how much fans don't care Vince thinks they do care
I suppose. I mean, I'm actually fine with the gimmicks but it's just that when they stopped doing it they did nothing with the guy. I do agree that after MITB 2013 things turned around in a positive way, and also that Orton's booking hasn't been that great over the years.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
I actually thought he was doing great with his previous gimmick.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Lol the one before this one
Him and Goldie? Well, I did enjoy that team but I found Rhodes to be a bit bland there (although since he was in the tag division he never got to do a promo anyway). I did mark like a girl for them at Battleground last year though.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
Him and Goldie? Well, I did enjoy that team but I found Rhodes to be a bit bland there (although since he was in the tag division he never got to do a promo anyway). I did mark like a girl for them at Battleground last year though.

Not necessarily the tag team..
Before the tag team his character was awesome too..
To be specific I think I meant his character during his feud with Damein Sandow.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Not necessarily the tag team..
Before the tag team his character was awesome too..
To be specific I think I meant his character during his feud with Damein Sandow.
Yeah, true. After the face turn he was picking up quite some momentum, I figured he was going to fight for the World title or something. It was pretty good. I do enjoy Stardust though, figuring how it'll play out into a feud with Goldust.

Reactions: BaraaKhalaf92

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Yeah, true. After the face turn he was picking up quite some momentum, I figured he was going to fight for the World title or something. It was pretty good. I do enjoy Stardust though, figuring how it'll play out into a feud with Goldust.
His momentum hit its peak when the Authority fired him. The new regime needed a lamb to slaughter to assert their 'heeldom.'
Once he returned, he teamed with Dustin and things were never quite the same. Granted the tag feud with the Shild was great, but WWE didn't capitalize. Cody, without a gimmick, isn't really that interesting.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
His momentum hit its peak when the Authority fired him. The new regime needed a lamb to slaughter to assert their 'heeldom.'
Once he returned, he teamed with Dustin and things were never quite the same. Granted the tag feud with the Shild was great, but WWE didn't capitalize. Cody, without a gimmick, isn't really that interesting.
Yeah, the team was a blessing and a curse. It was great TV, but it kinda hampered any character development as I mentioned, it made him stuck to the tag division (which stopped him from going up) and made him just Cody Rhodes. Since the team lasted this long and now we have Stardust going I'd say the problem has been solved (assuming Stardust doesn't flop or anything), as long as he gets a push. He may not have gotten the big one back then but, hey, this can sky rocket him again.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Yeah, the team was a blessing and a curse. It was great TV, but it kinda hampered any character development as I mentioned, it made him stuck to the tag division (which stopped him from going up) and made him just Cody Rhodes. Since the team lasted this long and now we have Stardust going I'd say the problem has been solved (assuming Stardust doesn't flop or anything), as long as he gets a push. He may not have gotten the big one back then but, hey, this can sky rocket him again.
You've basically summed up my exact opinion of Cody Rhodes from Mid 2013 until this very moment

Reactions: Leo C