The Stardust thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I enjoyed the promo Goldy and Cody/Starry(?) cut on Raw last night. It showed an interesting vibe for the Stardust character.

I just hope they push this team for a while before the inevitable break-up and feud.

I especially thought it was interesting that Goldy was the one acting like he was almost in awe of Stardust. In early stages of a story, that suggests that when the breakup comes, it will be Golddust that will turn heel, leaving Stardust to be the face. That would be very interesting.

The best thing to me, though, is that it looks like Cody's having a hell of a time with it.

wk

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
cool, he looks like a legit brother to Goldust, I dig it, but that does ruin his chances of becoming World champ for a while.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
cool, he looks like a legit brother to Goldust, I dig it, but that does ruin his chances of becoming World champ for a while.

I don't think I agree with this. Of course, I also thought it would be "a while" before Cody got a shot at the World Championship anyway, but I don't think him becoming Stardust changed anything along those lines.

In fact, if the character gets over big (and his first crowd reactions have been very positive), they could easily push him to the main event with his talent. It's not like they've never put a pro wrestling World Championship on a guy that covers his face or anything.

wk

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
It's a ripoff character. If he is stuck with this past summerslam I really do worry about Cody Rhode's future in WWE.

Most of you should remember how bad Golddust was buried during the AE. He was over and while i'm sure his merch wasnt top 5, he was shit on because of who he was and the man who made him. I guess with Dusty in NXT that might help, but this is not something you want Cody locked into.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Cody Rhodes has a very selective use of his extroverted intuition.
He is CM Punk like in that his contributions will be far more appreciated long after he's left the gimmick behind.

BeardsOfWarjStylesXL

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
wcwguy.wix.com
Stardust is awesome, but I cant watch the product it's just not good enough, however every so often I tune in and I hope to see stardust reign because the character is nice.

CrayJ Lee

Champion
Reaction score
Website
bewitchingbennett.tumblr.com
Since I think Goldust is pretty odd too, it's strange to see Cody Rhodes in this similar role as Stardust. It's just a goofy gimmick that I don't imagine would propel him into any main event scene. If anything, it helps cement a feud between the brothers down the line.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Undashing Cody Rhodes was quite dysfunctional.
WWE is a circus, why not?

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I still have no idea why they rushed through Dashing/Undashing Cody Rhodes in around a year.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I don't know, I think they could've gotten some more mileage out of it. Few months after that he dropped the IC to Big Show of all people and did nothing until Goldust came back, pretty much.
I guess you can only stay butt-hurt so long. People wanted a turn once he started tagging with Sandow.
Once MITB 2013 came and went, WWE offered Cody a storyline and he took it. Here we are today
Cody doesn't have the benefit of being Randy Orton, where no matter how much fans don't care Vince thinks they do care