The Smarks Album Draft Info and discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I can post my rankings of yours in a bit when I'm back on my laptop, off the top of my head I remember also being very surprised with the tango album. I didn't really care for that one I think it was Danish lol started with D

You can dm your ranks of mine when you send your list, I’ve been asking people for their hits and misses on mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Chris

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
im doing good progress, likely will just grind out the rest this week and weekend and have all the stuff ranked then

Reactions: Marty McFourth

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
off_the_wall-jpg.34581

Album Listen #139: This album was very funky and I do tend to prefer the earlier Jackson Material. I also enjoy that this didn't have some of the more pop vibes that some of the other albums have and feel a little bit more soul and funk to it. I also preferred to top end of the album to the bottom.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
delasoul3feethighandrisingalbumcover-jpg.34628

Album Listen #140:
Enjoyed more famous tracks in the past - but 24 songs was certainly a big old album. The album had a cool feeling to it though, and went down a lot better than a lot of the other American Hip Hop and Rap album I've listened to as of late.

Reactions: B01

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
delasoul3feethighandrisingalbumcover-jpg.34628

Album Listen #140:
Enjoyed more famous tracks in the past - but 24 songs was certainly a big old album. The album had a cool feeling to it though, and went down a lot better than a lot of the other American Hip Hop and Rap album I've listened to as of late.

Such a classic I wore this take out as a teen

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
whosnext-jpg.34643

Album Listen #141: A band from my neck of the woods - always has meant they hold a special plate in my heart. And yet - I've never listened to this album in full. A really enjoyed the feel of this album and honestly was just what I needed to hear at the time I was listening to it - and has reminded me to get back into listening to more Who songs again in future. Good would be an understatement - this was a great album.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I'm almost done, so here's a list of albums I enjoyed from each list that I had never heard or at least not listened all the way through before, not necessarily my favorites if you picked something I already knew, but a gem that I hadn't heard

Blaze - With His Hot and Blue Guitar (Heard way less on this than I'd expected)
Booty - Fat of the Land (completely new to me and it ruled)
CK - Synchronicity (Never been that big into the Police, great album tho)
Fourth - Hurry Up We're Dreaming (another one that was basically completely new)
Jeff - Painkiller (I'd only actually heard the title track, whole thing was awesome tho)
Jimmy - The Stranger (Never actually listened to a full Billy Joel album so this is more on me lol great stuff tho)
Juice - In Between Dreams (Never heard of this guy before, loved this album)
Looch - Bayou Country (Love CCR, but never actually given their albums full listens)
John - Sixteen Stone (Recognized a couple songs but had never listened to the full album, only singles)
Mitch - Miseducation of Lauryn Hill (Love the songs I'd heard before but embarrassed I'd never actually listened to the whole thing)
OldJay - The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me (This was crazy good and I'd never heard of it at all)
OMB - Back to Black (Never really listened to much Amy Winehouse outside of Rehab but damn what an album)
Sabs - Tapestry (Absolutely amazing, really glad this was picked cause idk if I would have ever listened to this otherwise)
Wang - Brothers in Arms (another I was pretty much blind on, really good)
Glad you liked the Billy Joel album, others of his I really like that I'd suggest checking out are Piano Man, Glass Houses, and An Innocent Man but you really can't go wrong with any of his work imo.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
I think one of my biggest gem finds so far has been the Surfing with the Alien album that Jeff picked. I fucking loved that album, and I'm going to listen to more instrumental ones in the future. Some of the stuff in there really felt like it could be part of a retro racing game too, like it really got me in the mood. I even booted up Ridge Racer with it playing on Spotify. :lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I think one of my biggest gem finds so far has been the Surfing with the Alien album that Jeff picked. I fucking loved that album, and I'm going to listen to more instrumental ones in the future. Some of the stuff in there really felt like it could be part of a retro racing game too, like it really got me in the mood. I even booted up Ridge Racer with it playing on Spotify. :lol
yay! he has a ton of good albums, love Joe. Glad you liked it so much

• Love

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah Surfin with the Alien is top shit

• Love

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
1991_sailing_the_seas_of_cheese-jpg.34652

Album Listen #142:
Until I put on the first song I didn't recognize this - one of my older cousins loves this album. I've never understood it at all though. And I've heard it a lot.

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
1991_sailing_the_seas_of_cheese-jpg.34652

Album Listen #142:
Until I put on the first song I didn't recognize this - one of my older cousins loves this album. I've never understood it at all though. And I've heard it a lot.
Primus Sucks

They definitely aren't for everyone...Funk bass led music, with no real guitar melodies...with drum fills just kinda thrown in here and there, but it works and it works very well. Plus, Les is all sorts of crazy

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
living_colour-vivid-jpg.34697

Album Listen #143: Well the first song was very familiar LOL. Almost started pretty solid and its got that cool 80s feel to it, which I always think give a different sound for whatever factual reason is true [sounds like waffle at the moment in my head]. Something strangely similar to Lenny Kravitz though - which sort of came about in the middle of the album and didn't go away nor did I want it too. I didn't think this would push itself as high up as it did, but it certainly earned its rating.