The Smarks Album Draft Info and discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
living_colour-vivid-jpg.34697

Album Listen #143: Well the first song was very familiar LOL. Almost started pretty solid and its got that cool 80s feel to it, which I always think give a different sound for whatever factual reason is true [sounds like waffle at the moment in my head]. Something strangely similar to Lenny Kravitz though - which sort of came about in the middle of the album and didn't go away nor did I want it too. I didn't think this would push itself as high up as it did, but it certainly earned its rating.
So much more than a 1 song band. My favorite song is What's your Favorite Colour?/ Which Way To America...always played together. I thought it should've opened the album, but Cult of Personality...is an all timer....still going and still one of the best bands I've ever seen live...

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
@Chris I love that you enjoyed the Brand New album that much. Like I've stated before in this thread, that album was something that I connected to in an extreme manner at a time in my life when shit was dark. If you do like that album, definitely listen to all of their albums. They're a great band that is for sure not a big commercial band.

Reactions: Chris

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
smashingpumpkins-siamesedream-jpg.34822

Album Listen #144:
I enjoyed this album - although it reminded me of another band, but I can't quite place it. At times did feeling a bit creepy though.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
nratnsalbumcover-jpg.34828

Album Listen #145: This album was really folky and cool and is 100% joining my rotation. An excellent collection of songs and I will be exploring this guy more in future. I can see myself elevating this in my mind after more listen as well.

Reactions: B01

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Fugees_-_The_Score.png

Album Listen #146: I think their is a physical copy of this in the house still. Have always enjoyed this album and despite it not being my go to album - it always makes for a good listen. A very good draft pick. Happy that there is another album I actually know LOL

Reactions: Jimmy King

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Meagainsttheworldcover.jpg

Album Listen #147: I didn't hate this album - but it didn't really appeal to me either.

Reactions: Jimmy King

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Ready_To_Die.jpg

Album Listen #148:
Similar feeling to the previous album. I didn't want to turn it off - but I also wasn't thinking about listening to another album. The catchphrase Marmite - you either love or hate it. Has never been true - because I don't mind it. And I didn't mind this either. [although my next album I listen to need to be a different genre now].

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Really should just make notes directly onto the site - rather than Docs. And then transfering them over smh.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
only thought about it with like 20 songs left

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Alcest_%C3%89cailles_de_Lune.jpg

Album Listen #149:
At times this was really tranquil and peaceful and then it was instrumental and heavier. Was actually something that confused me at times - and yet I find myself deeply investing into it at the same time. I am no stranger to the more alternative records being my personal favorites and this at times was trying to convince me to walk to the lagoon and come for a swim. The death metal like screams though - burst some of the personal enjoyment balloons floating in my imagination. A few removals - and this album would be elevated from great to excellent for me.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I wish people would give the death metal screaming a chance as it has a purpose, especially on this album. But I understand why that's an impossible mountain for some to climb.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
I wish people would give the death metal screaming a chance as it has a purpose, especially on this album. But I understand why that's an impossible mountain for some to climb.
Its not always the worst thing for me - I think with the album without the screams, I would enjoy it more. It didn't ruin the experience for me though.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
yeah I guess for me, the screams are kind of "the point" to contrast the soft and relate the more painful emotions they are conveying. or like the chaos within the calm. Idk, I personally find the mix of both what makes it so awesome for me

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
220px-Wintersun_cover.jpg

Album Listen #150: This was very demonic - I could imagine this being played whilst a pentagram is drawn on the floor. Now this one really wasn't for me. His vocal actually hurt my own throat. The actual music itself though - prevents me from looking into the abyss itself though. This band reminded a little bit of Danheim - but like a much darker and more demonic version of it. The fact that these songs - are more like epics though do get me boosting this album a little bit more. Almost like listening to some alternative Viking theatre show - without even being told by your friends what you are see. If this band aren't from that part of the word though - then my mind is blown. I think a few people would listen to the first few songs - and just stop listening though. I don't know if I like it or whether I feel like this is cultural explorations. The mark I've given has surprised me.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
220px-Wintersun_cover.jpg

Album Listen #150: This was very demonic - I could imagine this being played whilst a pentagram is drawn on the floor. Now this one really wasn't for me. His vocal actually hurt my own throat. The actual music itself though - prevents me from looking into the abyss itself though. This band reminded a little bit of Danheim - but like a much darker and more demonic version of it. The fact that these songs - are more like epics though do get me boosting this album a little bit more. Almost like listening to some alternative Viking theatre show - without even being told by your friends what you are see. If this band aren't from that part of the word though - then my mind is blown. I think a few people would listen to the first few songs - and just stop listening though. I don't know if I like it or whether I feel like this is cultural explorations. The mark I've given has surprised me.
This band and another are the essence of finish folk metal. U nailed it p much lol