The Smarks Album Draft Info and discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I like to describe the 90s as everyone waking up after a 10 year coke binge and having to switch to heroin to cope with the sheer absurdity of the world

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Iron_Maiden_-_Powerslave.jpg

Album Listen #16: A few song in and I feel like I should be wearing a leather jacket and caterpillar boots, with a fleet of choppers driving past. Imagination over. The sound is awesome and although I have heard Iron Maiden before - this is my first album experience and I am thoroughly enjoying it - and it is a solid album from start to finish and very much feels like a fluid journey from start to finish and from what I can remember feels more complete than 'Number of the Beast' even though I think Number of the Beast has more solo songs that I personally enjoyed just looking back. But this is the album game - and in an album the majority of the songs matter and not just the "proclaimed hits" so this was in itself a great drafting upon reflection.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Iron_Maiden_-_Powerslave.jpg

Album Listen #16: A few song in and I feel like I should be wearing a leather jacket and caterpillar boots, with a fleet of choppers driving past. Imagination over. The sound is awesome and although I have heard Iron Maiden before - this is my first album experience and I am thoroughly enjoying it - and it is a solid album from start to finish and very much feels like a fluid journey from start to finish and from what I can remember feels more complete than 'Number of the Beast' even though I think Number of the Beast has more solo songs that I personally enjoyed just looking back. But this is the album game - and in an album the majority of the songs matter and not just the "proclaimed hits" so this was in itself a great drafting upon reflection.
FUCK YES this review. I agree with all your points. Number of the Beast has dope songs, but this album works from start to finish, it hits all the Egyptian themes and tapestries and doesn't overstay its welcome. Concept Maiden = best Maiden

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I know there’s some of mine that folks may not care for, but I won’t be offended if someone doesn’t like it.

Admittedly, I was hesitant at first to draft my final pick because I didn’t want to force anyone to listen something so bubblegum and poppy, but eventually I just went with it.

I remember at the time that album came out it’s when I developed my crush on her and I also liked the music, but I was too embarrassed to tell anyone that I liked that kind of music. Nowadays, idc what anyone thinks of what I like tbh.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
I know there’s some of mine that folks may not care for, but I won’t be offended if someone doesn’t like it.

Admittedly, I was hesitant at first to draft my final pick because I didn’t want to force anyone to listen something so bubblegum and poppy, but eventually I just went with it.

I remember at the time that album came out it’s when I developed my crush on her and I also liked the music, but I was too embarrassed to tell anyone that I liked that kind of music. Nowadays, idc what anyone thinks of what I like tbh.

I've spent my whole life avoiding Britney - now I've got no choice but to listen. Game respect game. Respect to Jimmy King.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

let your freak flag fly my brother. If I'm dropping screaming metal I think it's fair game you balance it out with some glitz pop

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Booty's draft of Boston is next to listen to :garrett Technically wouldn't need to as it's one of my all-time favourite albums and heard it a ton of times, but I'll have any reason to jam out to More Than a Feeling over and over again. Absolutely love Peace of Mind too, all of it just puts me in such a great mood. For sure one of my comfort albums, never fails to hit right. Unbelievable how good they were right out of the gate with their debut album.
The first Boston album is mainly Tom Scholz. It's pretty much all the demos he made in his basement. He didn't sing or play the recorded drums, but did everything else.

Sent from my 5062Z using Tapatalk

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
The 24 year anniversary of that album is coming up on January 12th, so I felt it was fitting to draft that one in particular. I love all of her albums though, so any one of them I could have gone with.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
plus if the VP of the Anna Kendrick Collective makes a draft pick - who am I to fight it?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The first Boston album is mainly Tom Scholz. It's pretty much all the demos he made in his basement. He didn't sing or play the recorded drums, but did everything else.

Sent from my 5062Z using Tapatalk
if you dig this kind of stuff, I hope you will also enjoy Wintersun. Jari Mäenpää wrote that shit in his basement and recorded everything but the drums as well himself after deciding to go his own way from Ensiferum. And then at one point lost all recording due to (iirc ) a fire. Wild stuff

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
360c3826e1ba98c9ea4e116f40115b45.jpg

Album Listen #17: First time I've listened to this - didn't even know Free Fallin' was even Petty. Some of the other songs that really standout to be are Runnin' Down A Dream, Yer So Bad, Depending on You, Apartment Song & A Mind With A Heart Of Its Own. This from head to toe is an exceptional album and has instantly converted me into a Tom Petty fan. A truly flawless album - and if I had been more informed I would have probably drafted it myself. #Flawless

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
360c3826e1ba98c9ea4e116f40115b45.jpg

Album Listen #17: First time I've listened to this - didn't even know Free Fallin' was even Petty. Some of the other songs that really standout to be are Runnin' Down A Dream, Yer So Bad, Depending on You, Apartment Song & A Mind With A Heart Of Its Own. This from head to toe is an exceptional album and has instantly converted me into a Tom Petty fan. A truly flawless album - and if I had been more informed I would have probably drafted it myself. #Flawless
I couldn't agree more. This was on my list for sure. Tom Petty was a great artist. This album was a great piece of work. I honestly think it's an album that no matter what your exact taste in music is you could be a fan of it just cause of how easy of a listen the songs are.