The Shield split

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Just me that's totally confused with the whole Ambrose/Rollins/Reigns angle? There are so many loose ends and illogical ideas here. To build up the Shield as one of the GOAT factions, just for a Ambrose vs Rollins match seems like a waste. Feels like the Rollins turn was a really rushed decision.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I just found it weird that this week apparently Ambrose and Reigns have nothing to do with each other anymore.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Sounds like your typical WWE botched booking.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Sooooooooooooooo glad I didn't get my fucking triple threat match at Mania

OH WAIT NO I'M NOT :aries:

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I like how it's been handled so far. It's only been two weeks so I'm not ready to bury it just yet.

I for one am glad that we didn't get the triple threat match at Wrestlemania. Because now later on down the road when all three men are established main eventers and they square off in a triple threat match with the WWE Championship on the line, it'll be all the more historical and memorable knowing that it's the first time they've all competing with each other in the ring at once (as opposed to already seeing it at this year's Mania.)

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Just me that's totally confused with the whole Ambrose/Rollins/Reigns angle? There are so many loose ends and illogical ideas here. To build up the Shield as one of the GOAT factions, just for a Ambrose vs Rollins match seems like a waste. Feels like the Rollins turn was a really rushed decision.
Well I thought I saw somewhere that the decision to have Rollins turn was made the day before the last PPV where the Shield beat Evolution. So thats like 2 days before it happened on RAW. Yeah, I'd say thats a little rushed lol.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I like how it's been handled so far. It's only been two weeks so I'm not ready to bury it just yet.

I for one am glad that we didn't get the triple threat match at Wrestlemania. Because now later on down the road when all three men are established main eventers and they square off in a triple threat match with the WWE Championship on the line, it'll be all the more historical and memorable knowing that it's the first time they've all competing with each other in the ring at once (as opposed to already seeing it at this year's Mania.)
hilarious that you think Rollins and Ambrose have that bright of a future. Reigns is the only one WWE has a hard on for

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
hilarious that you think Rollins and Ambrose have that bright of a future. Reigns is the only one WWE has a hard on for
I wouldn't say that. I think Rollins is going places. When I spoke to my friend's wife (Rollin's cousin) she said she thinks WWE has something in mind for him, but how accurate that statement is may be questionable. I wouldn't expect her to know any big details. I did ask her to let me know if she hears anything though, so heres to hoping.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that. I think Rollins is going places. When I spoke to my friend's wife (Rollin's cousin) she said she thinks WWE has something in mind for him, but how accurate that statement is may be questionable. I wouldn't expect her to know any big details. I did ask her to let me know if she hears anything though, so heres to hoping.
of course they think that now. I just don't see WWE successfully pushing Rollins, or really having much interest in doing so.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Seth hasn't been selected by the gods who choose main eventers. He will toil in mid card hell with the rest of the have nots.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score

After how they've booked The Shield thus far, I think Ambrose and Rollins' futures are certainly bright enough to get multiple world title shots, and at the very least, one world title victory somewhere in there as well. Obviously they have a hard-on for Reigns more than the other two, but I don't see them letting Ambrose and Rollins just fall by the wayside. They're more or less the strongest booked group in WWE history (well, kinda, when you consider they debuted this way.)

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
If that Is true and they are not pushed, it makes me wonder if watching nxt really means something. I mean, one would think the NXT champions would be the future of WWE, but seeing seth rollins, who was extremely over with the NXT crowd not even getting a main-event push would kill the point of watching that show at all. I want to think that WWE wouldn't be that obnoxious. Also, I am an ambrose mark, so it would also suck to see him in mid-card hell