The Shield mini backstage promo on SD

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
http://kushtube.info/dm.php?code=k3AaZIWdz6sgNg3BfPw

Didn't really like the whole camera thing, but holy fuck Ambrose :gusta:

**Edited, sorry go to 4:20 I meant to add**

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I liked the camera work. Sets them up as outside of the WWE machine since it was made to look badly cut. Kind of like the early NWO promos.

Good promo. Everyone handled themselves well there but Ambrose shined like a star.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
I liked the camera work. Sets them up as outside of the WWE machine since it was made to look badly cut. Kind of like the early NWO promos.

Good promo. Everyone handled themselves well there but Ambrose shined like a star.

I liked the idea of it being poor quality and videoed by a handheld camera, but it's not like they can't afford a decent camera and the names popping up looked silly.

But anyway, being picky, totally agree, absolutely loved it.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Reigns said his name... did he say anything else? Ambrose is the Barrett here, so far ahead on the stick.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Seabs said:
Reigns said his name... did he say anything else? Ambrose is the Barrett here, so far ahead on the stick.

That's all he needs to do, the problem I have is Rollins seems to be doing quite a bit of talking. Thankfully he didn't say much there but his promo on Raw was v.poor and he can't just stand there and be big like Reigns can. I don't think he suits this group in the slightest.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Yeah Reigns needs to do more to be even slightly worthwhile imo, Rollins is alot better for me.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Seabs said:
Yeah Reigns needs to do more to be even slightly worthwhile imo, Rollins is alot better for me.

Reigns looks good in the group but I get the feeling he's gonna offer very little aside from that. I don't like Rollins in it either though, I'd rather they were replaced by Hero and some other NXT dude, Rollins is so so much better as a face IMO.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Not bad, I thought Ambrose and Roman played their parts good, but Seth seemed odd to me. He wasn't bad, just had an out of place feeling for some reason.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I don't like the camera crap, pretty silly. Also, I agree with Dr. Cm Punk, Ambrose and Reigns were intense... Rollins not so much, he really did seem out of place.
Regardless, this is a pretty cool promo.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Came for The Shield, stayed for Cesaro :obama:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Fucking brilliant. Ambrose keeping his psychotic side too, this was absolutely fantastic. The camera work is something I coincidentally nearly made a thread about - it needs to happen more often. What a fantastic promo. Seabs rightly said, Dean is the Barrett of this group, that type of promo is main event calibre all over. I simply can't take Rollins as a heel, sorry, and Reigns shouldn't speak ever.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I have a horrible feeling Reigns will get the big face push solely because of the way he looks. Seth will never be someone I look forward to hearing speak but he is the best face fit.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Seabs said:
I have a horrible feeling Reigns will get the big face push solely because of the way he looks. Seth will never be someone I look forward to hearing speak but he is the best face fit.

I don't think Reigns looks like a face, and he is diabolical on the mic. He'll be the enforcer type of the group, the strongly booked guy, similar to how Ryback was booked in Nexus.

But to be honest, I'm loving this angle too much to moan about the future. Reigns has an amazing look though so I won't be raging if he gets it, but he's not exactly the most entertaining, where as Rollins is an awesome face. It didn't take Rollins long to get over on NXT with that mosh gimmick.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I don't think Rollins looks like a face, and he is diabolical on the mic. He'll be the enforcer type of the group, the strongly booked guy, similar to how Ryback was booked in Nexus.
I think you meant Reigns there right? I have a hard time seeing Rollins as a muscle bound enforcer :dawg: