The Saga of Sasha Banks (and Naomi) Megathread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
So according to this, they wanted Sasha to job to Naomi only for both to job to the respective champions, while not defending their championships for a what looks like close to a month. basically, heres so titles you dont get to defend and worked really hard on getting your team over, go job in singles for ??? reason. yeah I don't blame them one bit, that's fucking trash booking

Yeah, that sounds like absolute garbage water.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
but also @War Pig , I think I probably was bit over aggressive on the Shida thread because of the lack of actual statement by Shida or AEW and a lot of it was putting words in Shida's mouth. It was def. over the top to say she should just do her job and is absolutely entitled to be frustrated by the lack of communication. I shouldnt have said that and you are right

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I still don't think Shida being champ for a year and being injury written is anywhere near the dumpster fire that has been sasha and especially NAOMI's booking, but that's another discussion. You're right, I didn't agree with the twitter method, but I do respect and support Shida's right to be frustrated with booking and to voice that. I apologize!

Reactions: Alexa

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I guess the other big difference here, is that AEW never said shit but WWE went out of their way to send a written PR statement to dirt sheets. thats fucked up imo

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
I still don't think Shida being champ for a year and being injury written is anywhere near the dumpster fire that has been sasha and especially NAOMI's booking, but that's another discussion. You're right, I didn't agree with the twitter method, but I do respect and support Shida's right to be frustrated with booking and to voice that. I apologize!
And that is fine to admit there you may have been hot-headed, I guess is the way to put it. I am/was just trying to figure out what line/side you were on since it seemed a bit flip floppy and bias. That is why I was asking because I get hating WWE/Vince and bashing them then like a couple days ago you were defending TK and AEW like some do here for WWE/Vince. So, it wasn't meant to be a dig at you, because I know fans can get stirred up and ready to charge hill to die on, and if you took as such then I apologize.
I guess the other big difference here, is that AEW never said shit but WWE went out of their way to send a written PR statement to dirt sheets. thats fucked up imo
I can agree on that.

And honestly, and to add to this topic, a good amount of people have said some valid things on both ends of WWE/Sasha and Naomi, and if it is a work then it is, but if it isn't then it isn't. To quote the god of wrestling himself, "Don't work yourself into a shoot, brother."

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
And that is fine to admit there you may have been hot-headed, I guess is the way to put it. I am/was just trying to figure out what line/side you were on since it seemed a bit flip floppy and bias. That is why I was asking because I get hating WWE/Vince and bashing them then like a couple days ago you were defending TK and AEW like some do here for WWE/Vince. So, it wasn't meant to be a dig at you, because I know fans can get stirred up and ready to charge hill to die on, and if you took as such then I apologize.

I can agree on that.

And honestly, and to add to this topic, a good amount of people have said some valid things on both ends of WWE/Sasha and Naomi, and if it is a work then it is, but if it isn't then it isn't. To quote the god of wrestling himself, "Don't work yourself into a shoot, brother."
it was an absolutely fair question , I have absolutely zero problem with you calling me out for flip flopping

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Twitter might not be the best place to air it out, but I was mostly siding with her and you know I love Tony most of the time.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Twitter might not be the best place to air it out, but I was mostly siding with her and you know I love Tony most of the time.
I side with her for the fact that if, for some weird reason, they didnt tell her what they were booking, then ya, thats bad communication and AEW gotta be better than that, 100%.

I just don't subscribe to some of the following hyperbolic comments I saw on social media basically saying stuff like TK doesnt give a shit about women's wrestling or Japanese wrestling when there's a mountain of evidence proving other wise. But I shouldn't project my frustration with ill meaning comments to the talent either, that wasn't my best form. I'll admit that.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
FTR would know, they left on PRINCIPLE also :)

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I know the bookers don't care about this division but those two have been booked strongly since they won the championships, even a month before they did they were beating the champions every week.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
So it was more so creative than it was them being “uncomfortable with the women in that match?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
So it was more so creative than it was them being “uncomfortable with the women in that match?
nothing in SRS or PWInsider reports have any knowledge or have heard anyone say anything about Sasha and Naomi being uncomfortable working with any of the women. this came from the wwe pr thing only and no one has backed them up on this so far. Not a good look so far for the fed.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Lemme just make sure I’m up to date…

Allegedly, Naomi was supposed to become the Number One contender and challenge Bianca. Sasha was going to challenge Ronda.

They were both going to lose and felt it devalued them as Champions.

I got that right?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Lemme just make sure I’m up to date…

Allegedly, Naomi was supposed to become the Number One contender and challenge Bianca. Sasha was going to challenge Ronda.

They were both going to lose and felt it devalued them as Champions.

I got that right?
pretty much. from what i understand from the latest I posted above (lets assume this is the most correct turn of events for the sake of this argument)

They wanted Naomi / Sasha to be the last in and Naomi to pin Sasha --- only for her to lose to Bianca anyways and for Sasha to lose to Ronda for reasons I guess, while not defending their titles at all.

they were like, nah, can we just get a tag match instead, there's other women that can do that spot and I guess they felt the can they coexist angle was dumb and devalued them both. (perhaps we can assume they were sold a can of beans about things being different, but thats speculative). The worked out a short tag match instead.

right before show are told nah were doing the 6 pack thing. they packed their shit, dropped of the belts and went home.

WWE sends that statement about unprofessionalism and not feeling comfortable to dirt sheet reporters.

I think thats about all thats been reported thus far