• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Russo-Ukrainian War Thread (FKA Political Thread)

Rosie

Dark Side
I think the truth with sport is - if the team is representing Russia or the sportspeople's funding is Russian -then I understand the ban.

In regards to single individuals - banning, say a driver who is Russian by birth - but his or her nationality has no affect on their team or banning a Russian NHL player - is a step too far.

There is a difference between collective representation and an independent individual.

That is what I lean towards. Individuals are not responsible for their own country's actions, especially under contract with a North American sports team. But a team flying under the Russian banner, right now, just can't.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS

Elite Chechen hit squad sent to assassinate Volodymyr Zelensky 'eliminated,' says Ukraine​

renderTimingPixel.png

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
^ its almost as if people who care about people...care about people! what a crazy notion that you can care about how people are treated in your country AND still be a courageous bastard when the chips are down

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I'm telling y'all some of these people can't walk and chew gum at the same time bc they assume if you talk about one issue you must not care about a completely unrelated one that isn't the topic at the moment. Oh you want gay rights, what about starving kids in Africa?:lmao