• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Russo-Ukrainian War Thread (FKA Political Thread)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
So two weeks until election and the FiveThirtyEight models are predicting a huge Democrat success overall.....though they do keep reminding everyone that 1 in 6 still means that it's the same odds you have of rolling a one on a 6-sided die after 2016 was a 1/4 chance according to their models :bosque

But rn Biden has an 87/100 chance of winning (Hillary was at around 75/100 on election night I believe for comparison, which is where Biden was around the time of the first debate). Some polls even have him winning Georgia and he was actually the slightest of favorites there in the FTE model for just a couple days until it swung back to Trump being the slight favorite.

House EZ dem win most, 95% chance of retaining control. Would be insane if that was wrong IMO.

The senate is the real interesting one though, shockingly (to me at least), the Dems are favored to take control of the Senate outright with a 74% chance to do so as of today. The average amount of seats is 52 by democrats which is only a slight majority, they actually think the likely outcome could be anywhere between 52 republican seats or 55 democrat seats so that one could easily swing either way no problem. If anything I think I'd expect it to. I can't see Dems winning the senate, but the reason they have such a chance is bc there's much more republican seats open this year I believe.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Conservative Justice Antonin Scalia died on Feb. 13, 2016. About an hour after his death was confirmed, McConnell said the Senate shouldn’t confirm his replacement until after the election.

"The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president," McConnell said.

McConnell went on to consistently oppose holding hearings on President Barack Obama’s nominee, Judge Merrick Garland.

"The American people may well elect a President who decides to nominate Judge Garland for Senate consideration. The next president may also nominate someone very different. Either way, our view is this: Give the people a voice in the filling of this vacancy," McConnell said in a Senate floor speech March 16, 2016.

Senator McConnell has announced the Senate will vote to confirm a new Justice this coming Monday one week before the election :WOW

3e5c736c2c6bdd9e2a98ea9308f656e6.jpg

Sabretooth

Jesus if Biden wins i may never hear my dad stop bitching for next 4 years-.-

I can’t take four more years of fantasy land Trump. I wish the Dems had a better candidate but at least Biden is a decent human being who doesn’t burn every single fucking bridge around him and thinks he’s king.