The Russo-Ukrainian War Thread (FKA Political Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I think we agree here lol. I’m not saying there shouldn’t be border security. Im just saying the SPECIFIC narrative of the majority of illegals coming here to commit crime is false. The reality is that the majority of illegals are law abiding citizens who are coming here for a better life. Again, there absolutely should be a process but having a process and accurately describing their intentions are two different things.

I don’t like when politicians lie to the public to stir the pot.
Then yes, we agree.

Although I’m still not a fan of anyone coming into this country illegally, even if they don’t commit crimes. A lot of people want to come in and they go through the process. At the very least just come in and tell them you’re seeking asylum because at least until your case is heard you’re allowed to stay.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I mean, yeah, any crime that is committed by anyone is a problem, but until we’ve invented some way of determining when a crime will happen ahead of time, there’s nothing we can really do about people that are here legally, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t give up on stopping people that shouldn’t even be here.
Tom Cruise told us its too sketch to predict crimes

• Haha
Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
So let’s do absolutely nothing about the crime that we can actually do something about just by making sure those people aren’t even here and then we’ll just continue to let the other crime happen because it has nothing to do with his other issue. Sounds like a winning plan.
Counterpoint, it's unrealistic to attempt to push for harsher recriminations against illegal immigration but then say "we can't do anything about crimes committed by American Citizens" (when yes, we absolutely can, there's hundreds of solutions, the problem is people don't want to help the lower class, homeless population, and veterans who invariably end up in the former categories), particularly when The Marshall Project, The New York Times, NPR, The National Bureau of Economic Research, The CATO Institute, and other organizations found that illegal immigrants are far less likely to commit crimes compared to citizens. Sure, we can "do something" about crime committed by illegal immigrants, but the question is if it's even sustainable? Mass deporting a bunch of people costs a shit ton of money and clogs up the courts, who cannot even keep up with the current rate of immigration cases; it's also a federal lawsuit waiting to happen upon the incident that a bunch of legal immigrants get caught up in the conflagration and are deported without a fair trial.

We can actually do something about crimes committed by citizens, but we're never going to remove crime entirely. People who wanna commit crimes will commit crimes regardless what laws or shit we put into place, that doesn't mean we can't try remedying the situations that influence people to committing more crime (poverty, homelessness, drugs, etc.)

• Love
Reactions: Sabretooth

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Counterpoint, it's unrealistic to attempt to push for harsher recriminations against illegal immigration but then say "we can't do anything about crimes committed by American Citizens" (when yes, we absolutely can, there's hundreds of solutions, the problem is people don't want to help the lower class, homeless population, and veterans who invariably end up in the former categories), particularly when The Marshall Project, The New York Times, NPR, The National Bureau of Economic Research, The CATO Institute, and other organizations found that illegal immigrants are far less likely to commit crimes compared to citizens. Sure, we can "do something" about crime committed by illegal immigrants, but the question is if it's even sustainable? Mass deporting a bunch of people costs a shit ton of money and clogs up the courts, who cannot even keep up with the current rate of immigration cases; it's also a federal lawsuit waiting to happen upon the incident that a bunch of legal immigrants get caught up in the conflagration and are deported without a fair trial.

We can actually do something about crimes committed by citizens, but we're never going to remove crime entirely. People who wanna commit crimes will commit crimes regardless what laws or shit we put into place, that doesn't mean we can't try remedying the situations that influence people to committing more crime (poverty, homelessness, drugs, etc.)
That last line of your was my entire point. You cannot eliminate crime by legal citizens entirely. We can, however, severely limit illegal immigrant crime to almost 0.

Read my last response to sabertooth for the rest of it because I never said we couldn’t do ANYTHING but the other crime, but it doesn’t need to come at the expense of doing some thing about illegal immigrant crime. We can do both.

Also, I’m not even talking about deportation. I’m talking about doing some thing to stop more people from coming in today. I have conflicting thoughts on what to do about the people that are already here.

My main issue isn’t even just the statistically low offense by illegal immigrates. It’s the entire border issue I’m more concerned with. Just don’t agree with the it’s only 100 murders so we shouldn’t worry about it stuff.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I also have a pretty big problem with conservatives who on one hand want a much smaller government and less government spending, but then advocate for mass deportation and higher spending on the border.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Maintaining a border patrol costs a fuck ton of money and has consistently proven ineffective at actually stopping illegal immigration.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I also have a pretty big problem with conservatives who on one hand want a much smaller government and less government spending, but then advocate for mass deportation and higher spending on the border.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Maintaining a border patrol costs a fuck ton of money and has consistently proven ineffective at actually stopping illegal immigration.
I think you misunderstand what we mean by smaller government. When we say that we mean the government should be limited to the thing the government is supposed to. Enforce its laws, defend its citizens and handle international disputes. Securing the border and national security are like one of the few things we believe the government is responsible for.

That being said, not necessarily in favor of mass deportations either. Just secure the border today and then we can figure out what to do.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Also, not true on that it’s ineffective. Anytime the border has attempted to be secured. Rates of immigration, across-the-board, or have drastically gone down. We’re actually in one of the record highs.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Then yes, we agree.

Although I’m still not a fan of anyone coming into this country illegally, even if they don’t commit crimes. A lot of people want to come in and they go through the process. At the very least just come in and tell them you’re seeking asylum because at least until your case is heard you’re allowed to stay.
Ahh. Then this covers what I want done then :lol cause that’s always been one of my main concerns is helping keep people safe who are trying to escape for a better life and future.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Ahh. Then this covers what I want done then :lol cause that’s always been one of my main concerns is helping keep people safe who are trying to escape for a better life and future.
Oh for sure we have legal asylum cases that we allow a certain number in. The problem is a lot of these people don’t actually ask for asylum until the already caught and sometimes that’ll be like a month or two later. But yeah, we have many legal ports of entry they can just go to and be like yo we’re here seeking asylum and they would be let right in. The main issue is knowing who’s here. If they seek legal asylum, we have their documentation we know who they are. They know where they are. If people are trying to say human Traffic, they are definitely not going to seek asylum unless they get caught.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Oh for sure we have legal asylum cases that we allow a certain number in. The problem is a lot of these people don’t actually ask for asylum until the already caught and sometimes that’ll be like a month or two later. But yeah, we have many legal ports of entry they can just go to and be like yo we’re here seeking asylum and they would be let right in. The main issue is knowing who’s here. If they seek legal asylum, we have their documentation we know who they are. They know where they are. If people are trying to say human Traffic, they are definitely not going to seek asylum unless they get caught.
Oh the people I care about are ones who I would hope would be able to get approved for it, and not like human trafficking and all the drugs and shit. I’m more talking about families, women, and children trying to escape from the horrible life they have to endure.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Oh the people I care about are ones who I would hope would be able to get approved for it, and not like human trafficking and all the drugs and shit. I’m more talking about families, women, and children trying to escape from the horrible life they have to endure.
The problem is the way that we have the system set up right now is a human trafficker could get caught with a victim but if they claim asylum, they can’t do much about it until the hearing and sometimes that’s like years away. Like Grim was even talking about there’s a severe backlog.

Which again, even as a smaller government conservative I would be all for funding more immigration judges, and lawyers and courts to help speed that along.

Funnily enough, this is actually where that whole separating kids thing came from that was actually started by Obama, but continued under Trump that so many people scrutinized. And the reason why they separated adults and children was so that way they could verify the relationship between the children and the adults, but that was stopped once Biden took office.

• Sad
Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
But yeah, absolutely all for families escaping war-torn countries and civil strife. Just please go to a legal port of entry and declare yourself.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
The problem is the way that we have the system set up right now is a human trafficker could get caught with a victim but if they claim asylum, they can’t do much about it until the hearing and sometimes that’s like years away. Like Grim was even talking about there’s a severe backlog.

Which again, even as a smaller government conservative I would be all for funding more immigration judges, and lawyers and courts to help speed that along.

Funnily enough, this is actually where that whole separating kids thing came from that was actually started by Obama, but continued under Trump that so many people scrutinized. And the reason why they separated adults and children was so that way they could verify the relationship between the children and the adults, but that was stopped once Biden took office.
Well hopefully we can get to a point where things get better. Cause if we could do what you mentioned in the middle there, then that would probably help out plenty.
But yeah, absolutely all for families escaping war-torn countries and civil strife. Just please go to a legal port of entry and declare yourself.
yes. Agreed, go about it that way!

Reactions: Kross Rhodes