The Russo-Ukrainian War Thread (FKA Political Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I mean, this I believe. They can believe that they commit a lot of crime. Sabs kept saying people believe they commit all of the crime. Which I don’t think there’s a single person who thinks illegals commit all the crime. A disproportionate amount they absolutely believe. Even that they’re overinflating. My issue isn’t the amount of crime they commit, because statistically it’s low, but that is should be zero if you’re not here legally.

As far as drugs go, that’s actually not an illegitimate concern. It’s honestly frightening how much gets trafficked into our country. Especially the fentanyl that’s killing so many people and ascribing the opioid epidemic.

Even worse is the human trafficking taking place at the border. It’s sad.
Like I said, I 100% agree on all of the boarder stuff like that. Surely the drug issue. My main concern is some of the people seem to over look that some of their concerns are also bad from people who are just living here and have been for years, and don't want to focus on it as well. Like I'm not disputing that it's not a problem. if it seems like that :lol

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Like I said, I 100% agree on all of the boarder stuff like that. Surely the drug issue. My main concern is some of the people seem to over look that some of their concerns are also bad from people who are just living here and have been for years, and don't want to focus on it as well. Like I'm not disputing that it's not a problem. if it seems like that :lol
I mean, yeah, any crime that is committed by anyone is a problem, but until we’ve invented some way of determining when a crime will happen ahead of time, there’s nothing we can really do about people that are here legally, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t give up on stopping people that shouldn’t even be here.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I mean, yeah, any crime that is committed by anyone is a problem, but until we’ve invented some way of determining when a crime will happen ahead of time, there’s nothing we can really do about people that are here legally, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t give up on stopping people that shouldn’t even be here.
I mean a person could come here, get their green card so they’re legal, and then commit a violent crime.

How do we look at that?

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I mean a person could come here, get their green card so they’re legal, and then commit a violent crime.

How do we look at that?
Like I said, we can’t stop every crime that ever happens from people that are legally here. I’m not one of those people that says we need to stop legal immigration. I wouldn’t do anything to prevent this. Except maybe use the case to form better screening questions for future green cards.

But that doesn’t mean we can’t try to prevent the 10,000 people that are pouring into our country that don’t go to legal ports of entry, don’t report themselves to any government agency and we have absolutely no idea who is here and why they’re here.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
They are some things that could be done, a lot of folks just don't want to talk about it because they don't agree with it. Like the shooting issue that Sabs mentioned. A lot of people think gun control means like no guns at all, and don't want to even discuss to meet in some middle ground. That goes for both sides honestly, and it's annoying. I even had one person tell me. "It's been going on forever, nothing we can do." which is just, idk. I just think it's possible to do something about both. They seem to just want to focus on one issue.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

How do we look at that?
Well, what it should be looked at as is "Person commits violent crime", as it should be rather than "IMMIGRANT commits violent crime and therefore it was a mistake to bring him here."

The problem with far-right Republicans is that they care far less about crime committed by natural-born citizens of the United States, which happens at an exponentially higher rate compared to immigrant crime.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
They are some things that could be done, a lot of folks just don't want to talk about it because they don't agree with it. Like the shooting issue that Sabs mentioned. A lot of people think gun control means like no guns at all, and don't want to even discuss to meet in some middle ground. That goes for both sides honestly, and it's annoying. I even had one person tell me. "It's been going on forever, nothing we can do." which is just, idk. I just think it's possible to do something about both. They seem to just want to focus on one issue.
The gun control issue is a completely separate issue. I get a lot of people really want to do some thing about the gun issue but it seems like when people bring that up it’s just so we don’t do anything about this other issue. There are things that we can 100% to prevent people from coming into the country that it shouldn’t be tabled until we figure out what we’re gonna do about the gun issue.

There’s a lot of things that I think can be done about the gun issue but my issue is if you’re coming at it from what are we do about the guns you’ve immediately lost me. The issue should be how do we keep mentally unstable people who are going to commit crime from getting their hands on guns.

I’m all for increasing mental health awareness. Making it easier for people to access mental health programs. I’m all for increasing mental health screenings for people under 25 from getting certain types of guns, potentially. I’m also for increased budgets for schools to have trained security guards/police to be on campus. All kinds of things.

I’m really not sure what will be done about this until people are willing to come together to find a solution, but that should be its own issue outside of this completely separate issue.

Reactions: Doom

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Well, what it should be looked at as is "Person commits violent crime", as it should be rather than "IMMIGRANT commits violent crime and therefore it was a mistake to bring him here."

The problem with far-right Republicans is that they care far less about crime committed by natural-born citizens of the United States, which happens at an exponentially higher rate compared to immigrant crime.
I agree with the first point which is basically what I said, and I agree with the facts of your second point that it is statistically more likely that a natural citizen will commit a crime but again you don’t know what natural citizen is more likely to commit a crime than any other. It’s an irrelevant talking point. Because we can do something about people not being here legally. Not the green card situation, but we can do something to prevent people from coming across the border not announcing that they’re here and when they shouldn’t be here and then they can’t commit the crime if they’re not here.

The bigger issue, though is the drug trafficking and human trafficking at the border.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
The gun control issue is a completely separate issue. I get a lot of people really want to do some thing about the gun issue but it seems like when people bring that up it’s just so we don’t do anything about this other issue. There are things that we can 100% to prevent people from coming into the country that it shouldn’t be tabled until we figure out what we’re gonna do about the gun issue.

There’s a lot of things that I think can be done about the gun issue but my issue is if you’re coming at it from what are we do about the guns you’ve immediately lost me. The issue should be how do we keep mentally unstable people who are going to commit crime from getting their hands on guns.

I’m all for increasing mental health awareness. Making it easier for people to access mental health programs. I’m all for increasing mental health screenings for people under 25 from getting certain types of guns, potentially. I’m also for increased budgets for schools to have trained security guards/police to be on campus. All kinds of things.

I’m really not sure what will be done about this until people are willing to come together to find a solution, but that should be its own issue outside of this completely separate issue.
I'll read and reply to this later, I'm a little bit busy to honestly read something this long right now and reply proper to it. :lol cause I wanna give it a proper read and reply.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Lmao I completely agree with you on this. Focusing on the small percent of violent crime committed by illegals instead of the high rate committed by American citizens is fundamentally stupid in of itself :lol

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Lmao I completely agree with you on this. Focusing on the small percent of violent crime committed by illegals instead of the high rate committed by American citizens is fundamentally stupid in of itself :lol
So let’s do absolutely nothing about the crime that we can actually do something about just by making sure those people aren’t even here and then we’ll just continue to let the other crime happen because it has nothing to do with his other issue. Sounds like a winning plan.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
So let’s do absolutely nothing about the crime that we can actually do something about just by making sure those people aren’t even here and then we’ll just continue to let the other crime happen because it has nothing to do with his other issue. Sounds like a winning plan.
Yeah and I countered that by saying that someone could come here, become legal and then commit a crime. I get what you’re saying but it’s just a very small portion of the problem.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Yeah and I countered that by saying that someone could come here, become legal and then commit a crime. I get what you’re saying but it’s just a very small portion of the problem.
Someone being here legally and committing a crime is gonna happen, no matter what. Whether we do something or not do something about the other crime. The only differences is in my proposal, we actually would eliminate some crime.

And the funny thing is, it’s not like securing the border is an either or thing with any of the other things that you guys want to talk about. You could secure the border and still push for other issues. It doesn’t come at the expense of anything else.

And it’s also only like one tenant of the overall issue with illegal immigration. Like an illegal immigrant coming in and murdering someone isn’t the only problem with it. Again the drug trafficking, human trafficking that comes across the border itself. The overrun of resources, etc. etc. etc.

BSE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Sports Team
nnLKsfY
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
In November I’ll be voting for Kamala. One of the most important issues to me is supporting the LGBT community. I have a stepsister who’s part of the community. She’s a genuinely good person, just like any other young person, trying to make something of herself and figure out life. I will always love her and support her, like anyone should.

But the sad reality is that the average MAGA Republican does not feel this way. They look down up her. In many cases, they outright hate her. And it’s fucking bullshit and it’s the #1 reason I’ll never support the Republican party.

• Love
Reactions: Doom and Sabretooth

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Someone being here legally and committing a crime is gonna happen, no matter what. Whether we do something or not do something about the other crime. The only differences is in my proposal, we actually would eliminate some crime.

And the funny thing is, it’s not like securing the border is an either or thing with any of the other things that you guys want to talk about. You could secure the border and still push for other issues. It doesn’t come at the expense of anything else.

And it’s also only like one tenant of the overall issue with illegal immigration. Like an illegal immigrant coming in and murdering someone isn’t the only problem with it. Again the drug trafficking, human trafficking that comes across the border itself. The overrun of resources, etc. etc. etc.
I think we agree here lol. I’m not saying there shouldn’t be border security. Im just saying the SPECIFIC narrative of the majority of illegals coming here to commit crime is false. The reality is that the majority of illegals are law abiding citizens who are coming here for a better life. Again, there absolutely should be a process but having a process and accurately describing their intentions are two different things.

I don’t like when politicians lie to the public to stir the pot.