The Russo-Ukrainian War Thread (FKA Political Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
That's simply what not properly funding your Education departments and facilities does in the long run.
5_26_17_shrug-thumb-640xauto-999241.gif
Luckily in todays world a quick google search will confirm any geography question you have.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Kinda, but I mean Trump tried really hard to. That’s like the only thing he campaigned that he wanted to address. He just wasn’t affective in getting Congress on board to fund it and when he tried to use military spending on it, the courts stopped him. And what he was able to pass, Biden cancelled when he won in 2020.
Sort of what I meant. Republicans had like overall control right? Like President, The House, Senate, all that right? So it should've been easy to get passed. But they knew if that happened, they lose a talking point in the future. It's the type of game both Republicans and Democrats play with not wanting to do anything about some of the bigger issues, because then you lose stuff to run on. Sadly a lot of people don't notice it, and still vote for the same people over and over again, who aren't doing anything instead of voting in new people. I feel if they knew their seat wasn't safe, they would actually do stuff but, sadly it just doesn't seem to wanna be something that will happen.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
For what it’s worth Biden’s doctor said he’s almost completely recovered from Covid

Reactions: BSE

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Sort of what I meant. Republicans had like overall control right? Like President, The House, Senate, all that right? So it should've been easy to get passed. But they knew if that happened, they lose a talking point in the future. It's the type of game both Republicans and Democrats play with not wanting to do anything about some of the bigger issues, because then you lose stuff to run on. Sadly a lot of people don't notice it, and still vote for the same people over and over again, who aren't doing anything instead of voting in new people. I feel if they knew their seat wasn't safe, they would actually do stuff but, sadly it just doesn't seem to wanna be something that will happen.
I don’t have the exact numbers on me, but the vast majority of Republicans that I am aware I’m voted for anything Trump wanted to do when it concerned the border, but the Senate has a rule that you need a certain number of seats in the Senate to avoid the Democratic filibuster, and I don’t think they had that. That was the problem.

Any republican that was caught voting no concerning the border, would have lost their seat in the next election.

The border is one of those issues they somewhat campaigned on it, but it was mainly Trump who campaigned on it. I would argue the bigger, never ending campaign cycle is on abortion because Republicans know that’s an issue. They’ll never be able to do much about, but they always get those staunch pro life votes.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I don’t have the exact numbers on me, but the vast majority of Republicans that I am aware I’m voted for anything Trump wanted to do when it concerned the border, but the Senate has a rule that you need a certain number of seats in the Senate to avoid the Democratic filibuster, and I don’t think they had that. That was the problem.

Any republican that was caught voting no concerning the border, would have lost their seat in the next election.

The border is one of those issues they somewhat campaigned on it, but it was mainly Trump who campaigned on it. I would argue the bigger, never ending campaign cycle is on abortion because Republicans know that’s an issue. They’ll never be able to do much about, but they always get those staunch pro life votes.
Maybe idk. I just know it seems to been an issue for like many years. :lol it’s one of the few things I remember from like the 2000s but maybe it’s the same thing there.

Abortion is another one that I almost did mention however haha

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Do ppl even care about the border anymore? I thought they moved on from being afraid of migrants to being afraid of rainbows

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Maybe idk. I just know it seems to been an issue for like many years. :lol it’s one of the few things I remember from like the 2000s but maybe it’s the same thing there.

Abortion is another one that I almost did mention however haha
Oh I mean it’s always been an issue but I know pre-handedly as someone that was pro Trump in the beginning that they tried really hard on the border and the thing too is they lost the house in 2018 as well and I think that was when a lot of the bills they were trying to get through Congress passed because for the first year he was trying to negotiate with Mexico to pay for some of it. It was a whole mess. It was an obstacle after obstacle they’ll get in their way. But he did get quite a bit of it earmarked and then Biden came in and wiped it all away for whatever reason.

It’s interesting, though as far as like how far back the issue goes. If you go back and watch interviews with both Obama and Biden, and even Hillary Clinton. All before 2010 they all also agree the border was an issue, but the moment Trump campaigned on it they completely turned on the issue.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Do ppl even care about the border anymore? I thought they moved on from being afraid of migrants to being afraid of rainbows
Oh, the hard-core, Magas probably are more afraid of rainbows. Unfortunately.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

It's still a hot topic for the Texas Senate race, also had the controversy last year of migrants being dropped in New York. But it's not the main focus like 2016, even Trump isn't going on about it as much

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yes, immigrants are responsible for all the violent crime in the US. Haven’t you heard?

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
What is Trump even campaigning on right now?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I feel like the Rs secretly will never change the rules because they benefit the most for migrant workers. Temporary or illegal doesn't matter their donors get to pay below min wage salaries n their workers r scared to get deported so never complain. They just pretend to be outraged for low income vote.

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Oh I mean it’s always been an issue but I know pre-handedly as someone that was pro Trump in the beginning that they tried really hard on the border and the thing too is they lost the house in 2018 as well and I think that was when a lot of the bills they were trying to get through Congress passed because for the first year he was trying to negotiate with Mexico to pay for some of it. It was a whole mess. It was an obstacle after obstacle they’ll get in their way. But he did get quite a bit of it earmarked and then Biden came in and wiped it all away for whatever reason.

It’s interesting, though as far as like how far back the issue goes. If you go back and watch interviews with both Obama and Biden, and even Hillary Clinton. All before 2010 they all also agree the border was an issue, but the moment Trump campaigned on it they completely turned on the issue.
Tbh, I think the main reason a lot took a turn on it is more so how Trump wanted to handle it and whatnot, and the way he about it. I don't know. :lol

I know my opinion on it has always been like it's something that needs to be fixed for sure, but like I wanna see a better, faster system. Cause a lot of people come here for a better life, and to get away from a lot of the shit going on there., so a better quicker process(not not to quick so people don't get through thr cracks) to help them out, would be wonderful.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I have to disagree. I think the border is like the one issue Politicians aren’t posturing about. I think they’re a lot of things they do say that they have no intentions of doing anything on but many Republicans have attempted to do something and then they get called out or attacked for how they implement it. Like the governor of Texas who put the Barbwire up and then Biden had to sue them to remove it.

Although it wouldn’t surprise me if they are more moderate Republicans that pretend to care and are taking donor money that don’t want them to do anything about it.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Tbh, I think the main reason a lot took a turn on it is more so how Trump wanted to handle it and whatnot, and the way he about it. I don't know. :lol

I know my opinion on it has always been like it's something that needs to be fixed for sure, but like I wanna see a better, faster system. Cause a lot of people come here for a better life, and to get away from a lot of the shit going on there., so a better quicker process(not not to quick so people don't get through thr cracks) to help them out, would be wonderful.
Oh, I’m all for any reform that can make things safer for everyone involved and speed up the process in a way that isn’t detrimental to the process. Definitely have to make sure though that we are still doing things the way they do that is best for both the immigrants and the country as a whole.

I will say, though we do take in more legal immigrants than any other nation on earth, though.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze