The Russo-Ukrainian War Thread (FKA Political Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Like how at first the news spun it like every Russian supported the war, and just not the fact they are losing there are switching sides. News needs to actually get the damn story straight.

Post Edit: I also want to say that I would bet that a good part of the people leaving are oligarchs and their families and not everyday people.

Last edited:

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Post Edit: I also want to say that I would bet that a good part of the people leaving are oligarchs and their families and not everyday people.
Very likely, yes. Upper society peoples, influencers etc., I'd say.

However this all will end, it's gonna be such a way bigger mess than people think it's going to be/already is.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
the news have shown russian protest from the get go, not sure which outlet u are referring to

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
because memes are good arguments

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
However this all will end, it's gonna be such a way bigger mess than people think it's going to be/already is.
Yeah, i have no doubt about that.
the news have shown russian protest from the get go, not sure which outlet u are referring to
To be fair, I had just woke up and seen that and that was my initial thought, so that is my bad

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah, i have no doubt about that.

To be fair, I had just woke up and seen that and that was my initial thought, so that is my bad
honestly also depends where u look im sure. al jazeera and more neutral papers probably covered it a lot more fair than any US news outlet who have more of an agenda. i read most of my news on CBC and the likes so for int news it doesnt quite paint the russian populace as evil doers like other places might

Reactions: Alexa

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Something tells me we could change those to Rs, flip the stories placements and it be accurate as well there.
You are correct. However , something tells me (actually several pages of this thread) that you wouldn't (or anyone else not banned for wrong think) have responded if that were the case with the meme.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
honestly also depends where u look im sure. al jazeera and more neutral papers probably covered it a lot more fair than any US news outlet who have more of an agenda. i read most of my news on CBC and the likes so for int news it doesnt quite paint the russian populace as evil doers like other places might
That may have been the case as well for me at times, truth be told. And to be fair, I am not saying all of the russian populace are protesting because there are videos of supporters for putin not only in russia but in france and uk and elsewhere.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
You are correct. However , something tells me (actually several pages of this thread) that you wouldn't (or anyone else not banned for wrong think) have responded if that were the case with the meme.
Well if you posted it, I would’ve been a little bit confused. But they are plenty of times in the thread where I call out hypocritical behavior of the Democrats and the party. Hell I have talked about them WITH YOU. So you know you’re wrong when you say I wouldn’t have. :lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
of course, its never so black and white anyways and it's a pretty tough situation to be a part of in the first place. Most of the vitriole I've personally seen is mostly aimed at Putin and his supporting cast of oligarchs

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
of course, its never so black and white anyways and it's a pretty tough situation to be a part of in the first place. Most of the vitriole I've personally seen is mostly aimed at Putin and his supporting cast of oligarchs
Agreed. I have seen more negative and such for putin than positive. Though I cant help but to wonder what will happen once the war is over

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Agreed. I have seen more negative and such for putin than positive. Though I cant help but to wonder what will happen once the war is over
lots of talk of Russia becoming a potential vasal state to China is the fallout which is not good for anyone either. I dunno how realistic that is but it's a scary proposition