The Russo-Ukrainian War Thread (FKA Political Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Anyone have an opinion on Direct Energy Weapons (DEW)? A lot of speculation that this could be the cause of some of the recent forest fires on the west coast. I'm looking into them myself now, but if anyone wants to discuss it, I'm down when I brush up a little more on it. It is very i nteresting so far.

No idea other than hearing the name before. If I had to guess, I'd assume the fires were more natural just from the time of year and the overall weather we've had this year though? I mean sure some of them could probably be traced back to a cigarette or some shit, but I'd still say that's "natural" at least compared to DEW. Like I said haven't looked into it myself though.

The only thing I've really seen about the cause of the fires out West rn was allegedely a gender reveal caused one so lefties have been critical of that pretty hard even though there's like over 300+ fires burning rn....and that may have started one. Haven't even fact checked that myself bc it seemed pointless with all the fires going on rn if it started just the one/

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Yeah I read about that gender reveal party starting one

What dumbasses

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah I read about that gender reveal party starting one

What dumbasses

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

And if it did they should be held responsible for what can be traced to them, but most comments I've seen about it are blaming them for all the fires. Seems like a cop-out

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Also idk if I posted this a few pages ago or not (meant to), but FiveThirtyEight have their election forecast out, still early though. I believe they're normally very accurate, but they were historically wrong in 2016...and had Hillary as about as much of a favorite as Biden :kawhi They build it based off all the other polls though, and polling was clearly not accurate in 2016. I don't think it'd be all that much better this year either tbf, just seems like an outdated system. Either way, I like numbers so it's interesting to me. Shows what states each person needs to win as well:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
And in their defense, they had Hillary at like a 70% favorite going into election night which is far from a for sure win, the 30% just happened.

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
No idea other than hearing the name before. If I had to guess, I'd assume the fires were more natural just from the time of year and the overall weather we've had this year though? I mean sure some of them could probably be traced back to a cigarette or some shit, but I'd still say that's "natural" at least compared to DEW. Like I said haven't looked into it myself though.

The only thing I've really seen about the cause of the fires out West rn was allegedely a gender reveal caused one so lefties have been critical of that pretty hard even though there's like over 300+ fires burning rn....and that may have started one. Haven't even fact checked that myself bc it seemed pointless with all the fires going on rn if it started just the one/

I think the fires are a combination of multiple things. I have no personal knowledge, so it is just my opinion. People setting fires, both intentionally and unintentionally. Restrictions of controlled burns have hurt. Building more infrastructure to close to forests have hurt. Also, the fact that California doesn't do a good job at replacing outdated power lines. I read that the fire in 2018 was caused mainly to a faulty powerline that hadn't been updated since 1921. I know they're trying to go more green friendly, but you can't ignore stuff that needs to be replaced.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think the fires are a combination of multiple things. I have no personal knowledge, so it is just my opinion. People setting fires, both intentionally and unintentionally. Restrictions of controlled burns have hurt. Building more infrastructure to close to forests have hurt. Also, the fact that California doesn't do a good job at replacing outdated power lines. I read that the fire in 2018 was caused mainly to a faulty powerline that hadn't been updated since 1921. I know they're trying to go more green friendly, but you can't ignore stuff that needs to be replaced.

Probably at least a combination of a few of these if I had to guess. People want to look for one "scapegoat" reason for everything when it's usually a LOT of reasons for catastrophes like this, shouldn't fucking happen just bc of one fuck up.

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
And in their defense, they had Hillary at like a 70% favorite going into election night which is far from a for sure win, the 30% just happened.

A problem with polling, is that they don't seek information from many different types of voters. They're nearly comprised of many of the same type of thinkers. In my opinion, unless there are some shenanigans, this election will not be close.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
A problem with polling, is that they don't seek information from many different types of voters. They're nearly comprised of many of the same type of thinkers. In my opinion, unless there are some shenanigans, this election will not be close.

I don't think the polling has ever been as bad as it was in 2016 though, the reason given at the time was a lot of rural Trump voters that normally didn't even vote simply weren't polled for that reason. They didn't anticipate that enthusiasm I guess, believable enough. But I have no faith that they've updated their systems to account for it in 4 years either.

Reactions: Swamps

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Probably at least a combination of a few of these if I had to guess. People want to look for one "scapegoat" reason for everything when it's usually a LOT of reasons for catastrophes like this, shouldn't fucking happen just bc of one fuck up.

Yeah, that is one thing that always pisses me off. There shouldn't be a scapegoat for every little thing. Sometimes bad stuff just happens.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah, that is one thing that always pisses me off. There shouldn't be a scapegoat for every little thing. Sometimes bad stuff just happens.

Mostly bc blaming someone and sticking band-aid fixes on it is so much easier than tackling root problems. And it tends to work for a good while for most things until all those band-aids pop off at one time :lauren

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Mostly bc blaming someone and sticking band-aid fixes on it is so much easier than tackling root problems. And it tends to work for a good while for most things until all those band-aids pop off at one time :lauren

That is the Human Race in a nutshell. Take the easy, yet lazy, way out. Do not worry, im sure the next generation will fix it. Or the one after. Then the next generation will just blame the previous generation. Its a vicious cycle.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Another thing that upsets me about the human race in general that applies to politics more often than not similarly is focusing entirely too much on who's fault something was. Yes I want people to reach justice, but just focusing on punishments without TRYING TO FIX THE FUCKING PROBLEM CAUSEd is only half the battle, someone still has to fix it. But no one wants to fix things that they don't believe are their fault anyway even when it's their job....as noticed by me in my actual place of work as well :kawhi

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Book it :vince

• Haha

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Some stuff to sift through after today's testimony.