The Russo-Ukrainian War Thread (FKA Political Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dakstang

Offensive
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
YvaoyYu
Where in the Constitution does it say the fed can ban drugs? They needed an amendment for alcohol.

That seems like legislation from the bench.
It doesn't grant nor prohibit them from doing such. That is the point. It had to be made a law. Then that law was challenged and the decision was made by the Supreme Court mainly through the Commerce clause that the Constitution granted Federal power to regulate interstate commerce which includes crops. Which includes marijuana.

I have said all along we should have a law or an amendment if it isn't mentioned in the Constitution.

I stand by what I said.

Dakstang

Offensive
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
YvaoyYu
Also, I think this is funny we are discussing marijuana on page 420 of this thread. :lol

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Reactions: Alexa

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
It doesn't grant nor prohibit them from doing such. That is the point. It had to be made a law. Then that law was challenged and the decision was made by the Supreme Court mainly through the Commerce clause that the Constitution granted Federal power to regulate interstate commerce which includes crops. Which includes marijuana.

I have said all along we should have a law or an amendment if it isn't mentioned in the Constitution.

I stand by what I said.
That first line is why I asked because of the 10th Amendment:

“The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”

Considering you’re a states rights guy, figured you’d have an opinion on that. And I’m aware of the Commerce Clause, but that’s quite controversial considering marijuana doesn’t have to travel across state lines. Which is why state legality is such an interesting topic because can they fed tell a state if it can sell legal weed in their state if it doesn’t leave the state? It’s an interesting quandary on central versus state power.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
What do you use to look cool on the internet. Because probably whatever that is.
That's just it. I'm not cool on the internet nor try to be.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Dakstang

Offensive
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
YvaoyYu

“The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”

Considering you’re a states rights guy, figured you’d have an opinion on that. And I’m aware of the Commerce Clause, but that’s quite controversial considering marijuana doesn’t have to travel across state lines. Which is why state legality is such an interesting topic because can they fed tell a state if it can sell legal weed in their state if it doesn’t leave the state? It’s an interesting quandary on central versus state power.
Interesting indeed. There are many more instances such as this though too.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

Considering you’re a states rights guy, figured you’d have an opinion on that. And I’m aware of the Commerce Clause, but that’s quite controversial considering marriuana doesn’t have to travel across state lines. Which is why state legality is such an interesting topic because can they fed tell a state if it can sell legal weed in their state if it doesn’t leave the state? It’s an interesting quandary on central versus state power.
Ya im smoking some illinois trees right now. It was packed. Should legalise it nationally pronto , missing out on so much income

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA

Two WWE employees are products of rape, jeeez o_O

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Speaking of same sex marriage, todays 7 years since it was legalized here in America. :bootynods

Dakstang

Offensive
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
YvaoyYu
Just going to drop this here about the abortion debate as well.

This is 2022 not 1973. Contraceptives have came a long way since then. There are numerous options widely available as well as what I can tell the morning after pill (which is effective up to 3 days after sex) will still be available since that is not an abortive.

And before you try to use the argument not everyone has access, if they don't have access to that then they won't have access to an abortion which was much more expensive and involved.

To make things perfectly clear, I do not support an outright abortion ban and I do not agree with state laws that do that. I also don't support late term abortions. That is why this needs to be defined and regulated by Congress like it should have from the beginning. Both sides need a say and a compromise needs to be made.

I will remind you that in places like France abortions "on demand" are limited to 14 weeks from conception. So in that regard, Mississippi is more progressive than France when it comes to abortion at the moment where the law is 15 weeks from conception there.

But the 'Sky is falling!' attitudes are over the top and not genuine. Don't let the media, social media, and celebs work you into a frenzy.

Not going to reply, so don't bother. Just wanted to get that out there.

Last edited:

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Canada was 4th ever to do.it in 2005 because were progressive n overall just great ppl

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Just going to drop this here about the abortion debate as well.

This is 2022 not 1973. Contraceptives have came a long way since then. There are numerous options widely available as well as what I can tell the morning after pill (which is effective up to 3 days after sex) will still be available since that is not an abortive.

And before you try to use the argument not everyone has access, if they don't have access to that then they won't have access to an abortion which was much more expensive and involved.

To make things perfectly clear, I do not support an outright abortion ban and I do not agree with state laws that do that. I also don't support late term abortions. That is why this needs to be defined and regulated by Congress like it should have from the beginning. Both sides need a say and a compromise needs to be made.

I will remind you that in places like France abortions "on demand" are limited to 14 weeks from conception. So in that regard, Mississippi is more progressive than France when it comes to abortion at the moment where the law is 15 weeks from conception there.

But the 'Sky is falling!' attitudes are over the top and not genuine. Don't let the media, social media, and celebs work you into a frenzy.

Not going to reply, so don't bother. Just wanted to get that out there.
I’m gonna reply even tho you said don’t bother as it’s my right to reply. It’s good to see you are against what I’m about to mention, but it’s not a “sky is falling” as you said. They are places with laws, laws that now will become a reality that have zero exceptions for abortion. Then you mention the morning after pill, those could easily be targeted and taken away as well. So it’s something that very much is a problem, and needs to be fought against.

Reactions: Y2Jayne