The Russo-Ukrainian War Thread (FKA Political Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
My other favorite is this one:

Republicans: Democrats are the racist party because they were of the party of South during the Civil War.

Democrats: Okay, if that was our mistake, we recognize that and request that you take down the statues of Confederate traitors that you claim we support.

Republicans: But that's my hertiage!

Please see the hypocrisy
Mean the democractic party split during the civil war thus the term "southern democract"

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Mean the democractic party split during the civil war thus the term "southern democract"

I know and most of my extended family are Southern Democrats, actually. But that's not the argument I hear.

I see Republicans claiming that Democrats are responsible for it all and it's Democrats who are trying to help the situation by getting rid of statues to treasonous racists.

But Republicans can't have it both ways. They cannot claim that Democrats are the party of racism but defend keeping monuments in the south to racism.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Transphobia has affected me in a weird way. Growing up when I did, people really didn't talk much about trans people. Homophobia was the big thing then. And over time as gay men and lesbians have become more accepted, the prejudice has shifted to trans people.

I feel guilt for that, which is weird. But I realize that honestly, trans people have had it MUCH harder than gay people have over the years. But the LGBTQ community has made the most and fastest progress towards rights over the years and those rights and respect will happen for the trans community too.

Also back on this for a brief moment: I find it is actually even harder for transfemales than transmasc. Both are rough, but I feel as though it is seen as more "shocking" for someone born male to display feminine traits while a female acting more male is a "tomboy" which wasn't used with as much of an insult. We had a talk during a Cultural psychology class about the role of gender psychologically in different societies and in a lot of western societies they see masculinity as the "stronger trait." See a previous comment where there was a statement about "Kissing men in dresses." Then we see the debate around allowing people to enter the bathroom of their preferred gender. Most people against it use the concern of a transfemale entering a female bathroom.

An example we mentioned in class where they did a study where multiple different cultural groups were asked the same question:

If a man and a woman swapped bodies, which one would develop the traits of their new body, and which one would mostly stay the same. In Western societies like our's, the answer was the woman would behave more masculine and the man would stay the same. Other cultures were the opposite.

Reactions: Moon Bird

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
I know and most of my extended family are Southern Democrats, actually. But that's not the argument I hear.

I see Republicans claiming that Democrats are responsible for it all and it's Democrats who are trying to help the situation by getting rid of statues to treasonous racists.

But Republicans can't have it both ways. They cannot claim that Democrats are the party of racism but defend keeping monuments in the south to racism.
Nah, I got what you were saying. I do agree the arguement is dumb

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Also back on this for a brief moment: I find it is actually even harder for transfemales than transmasc. Both are rough, but I feel as though it is seen as more "shocking" for someone born male to display feminine traits while a female acting more male is a "tomboy" which wasn't used with as much of an insult. We had a talk during a Cultural psychology class about the role of gender psychologically in different societies and in a lot of western societies they see masculinity as the "stronger trait." See a previous comment where there was a statement about "Kissing men in dresses." Then we see the debate around allowing people to enter the bathroom of their preferred gender. Most people against it use the concern of a transfemale entering a female bathroom.

An example we mentioned in class where they did a study where multiple different cultural groups were asked the same question:

If a man and a woman swapped bodies, which one would develop the traits of their new body, and which one would mostly stay the same. In Western societies like our's, the answer was the woman would behave more masculine and the man would stay the same. Other cultures were the opposite.
Mean, trans people in general have it rough either way. While Tomboys are more "accepted" they still face ridicule and all as transwomen, neither one has it easier or harder since environment plays a huge role in it.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Mean, trans people in general have it rough either way. While Tomboys are more "accepted" they still face ridicule and all as transwomen, neither one has it easier or harder since environment plays a huge role in it.

Yeah I completely agree both are hard. But I think it's like something I noticed over the years that some of the most notable examples of people talking against transpeople would use that as an example. I think one of the people from Duck Dynasty said something like "I don't want someone in a bathroom with my granddaughter just because he "feels" like a woman." Phrases like that I noticed more often.

Reactions: Moon Bird

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Yeah I was raised by a deeply racist, young Earth Creationist family. When I was five years old, a black family knocked on our door and when I answered it, I slammed the door in their face and when my mom asked me who was at the door, I answered "Just a couple of [n-words]."

My dad thought it was hilarious. My mom washed my mouth out with soap. I actually consider that punishment child abuse, but it was one of the most important lessons I ever learned.

My grandma is 86 years old and she has voted Democrat in every election of her life except when Barack Obama was running.

My mom is like the least political person I know. But she is also my hero because she taught me right from wrong and for the most part to think for myself.

LOL when I was 16, I ordered a subscription to PlayGirl and she intercepted the first issue. She told me, "I don't care if you're gay, but you can tell me rather than sit on the fence."

• Haha
Reactions: Rosie and Moon Bird

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

I cannot comment too much on it because I hate to admit this, but I don't have all of the information on the subject. And I don't like to be that person who says stuff without knowing all of the facts.

But for me it comes down to this: when I came out, I had boys in my school threatening to lynch me and people started fights with me. Fortunately, I am a freaking psycho so I kicked the asses of more than a few gay bashers in my time.

But even though I am proud of that, NO ONE should have to go through that fear and hatred. It was awful.

A bully once grabbed me and shoved my head in the locker and called me a fag. I reached into my book bag, grabbed a sharpened pencil and jumped on his back. I stabbed him 20 times with that pencil and he was crying and bawling in front of his macho friends.

And you know what, he didn't complain to the school about it because he didn't want to be known as the guy who got his ass kicked by a gay guy.

What I did was VERY wrong. But it never would have happened if he didn't start it.

No one should EVER feel bad and have to hide who they are. Maybe if the world had been better to gay people, I wouldn't have stabbed a guy 20 times.

Reactions: Moon Bird and Rosie

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Why does my N Word story always make people laugh? LOL

You know, my mom useed Irish Spring to wash my mouth out. I have never said that word since.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I think I should also add, my mom is not a young earth creationsist anymore. She also doesn't advocate spanking or washing someone's mouth out with soap. She raised me based upon the ideals she was raised on.

But she has grown and learned and is, in my opinion, the greatest woman I have ever known.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Police are still working through the night to remove the protestors from Ottawa.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Yeah I completely agree both are hard. But I think it's like something I noticed over the years that some of the most notable examples of people talking against transpeople would use that as an example. I think one of the people from Duck Dynasty said something like "I don't want someone in a bathroom with my granddaughter just because he "feels" like a woman." Phrases like that I noticed more often.
The bathroom argument has always been incredibly bizarre to me… they’re cubicals?

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I think I should also add, my mom is not a young earth creationsist anymore. She also doesn't advocate spanking or washing someone's mouth out with soap. She raised me based upon the ideals she was raised on.

But she has grown and learned and is, in my opinion, the greatest woman I have ever known.
Nothing wrong with spanking your kids imo. Everyone seems so spoiled and entitled these days Cba, just give em a couple of backhands

Reactions: Swamps

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Nothing wrong with spanking your kids imo. Everyone seems so spoiled and entitled these days Cba, just give em a couple of backhands

Agreed. I whip my kids asses when they need it. Got mine whipped when i was a child. I turned out just fine. However, not every mishap warrants a spanking.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Agreed. I whip my kids asses when they need it. Got mine whipped when i was a child. I turned out just fine. However, not every mishap warrants a spanking.
Yeah you definitely get people that take it too far and people that will use literally any excuse as a reason to hit their child. That’s obviously not kosher! Most of the time there is a better way to deal with things and it’s usually just to deprive them of something they really want and make them aware why they can’t have/do that thing. However sometimes they really do just deserve and need a bit of physical discipline lol

I say this, I can’t spank my daughter at all lmao just don’t have the heart. Her mum does from time to time though and I don’t have any problem with it. As you said, I got my ass whipped as a kid when I was an asshole and I grew up to be not an asshole

Reactions: Swamps