The Russo-Ukrainian War Thread (FKA Political Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I know the argument has moved on from this and maybe I will get in trouble for bringing it back up a little, but I don't care. I have read some deeply hurtful, incorrect and outright ignorant comments made in the past day.

I don't want to ignite things that have been taken care of already, but if anyone believes that the community I have proudly been a part of for 31 years is indoctrinating or converting people, please never speak to me again.

That is so deeply insulting, right down to my soul to accuse us of that. It belittles the struggles that the LGBTQ community has gone through for centuries. It belittles the death of people like Matthew Shepard, beaten to death for no other reason than something he had no control over.

It's sickening. And the people who do this can expect the same support from me that they obviously are giving our community: none.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Canada, sort you damn people out.

Say what you want about their human rights record but Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un wouldn't put up with that kind of f***ery for a second....

So the ends justify the means? It's okay to control your people rather than allow them to be individuals and have every right to protest and such?

I personally hate the nonsense going on in Canada but the morons have every right to do it.

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
abandonedmemories.tumblr.com
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
I know the argument has moved on from this and maybe I will get in trouble for bringing it back up a little, but I don't care. I have read some deeply hurtful, incorrect and outright ignorant comments made in the past day.

I don't want to ignite things that have been taken care of already, but if anyone believes that the community I have proudly been a part of for 31 years is indoctrinating or converting people, please never speak to me again.

That is so deeply insulting, right down to my soul to accuse us of that. It belittles the struggles that the LGBTQ community has gone through for centuries. It belittles the death of people like Matthew Shepard, beaten to death for no other reason than something he had no control over.

It's sickening. And the people who do this can expect the same support from me that they obviously are giving our community: none.

Same.

If you're transphobic you should block me so you don't ever interact with my posts.

Though if you've made yourself known as transphobic already then chances are I already have you blocked...

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
abandonedmemories.tumblr.com
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
So the ends justify the means? It's okay to control your people rather than allow them to be individuals and have every right to protest and such?

I personally hate the nonsense going on in Canada but the morons have every right to do it.

Oh I'd rather be in Canada than North Korea for sure.

Hell I'd rather be in Canada than Florida.

Everyone has a right to protest but disrupting normal peoples lives is a nope from me. If you want to protest against your government go sit outside parliment and let them know your frustrations.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Same.

If you're transphobic you should block me so you don't ever interact with my posts.

Though if you've made yourself known as transphobic already then chances are I already have you blocked...

Transphobia has affected me in a weird way. Growing up when I did, people really didn't talk much about trans people. Homophobia was the big thing then. And over time as gay men and lesbians have become more accepted, the prejudice has shifted to trans people.

I feel guilt for that, which is weird. But I realize that honestly, trans people have had it MUCH harder than gay people have over the years. But the LGBTQ community has made the most and fastest progress towards rights over the years and those rights and respect will happen for the trans community too.

Reactions: Moon Bird

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Oh I'd rather be in Canada than North Korea for sure.

Hell I'd rather be in Canada than Florida.

Everyone has a right to protest but disrupting normal peoples lives is a nope from me. If you want to protest against your government go sit outside parliment and let them know your frustrations.

I didn't think you were really supporting Kim lol I just wanted to push back a little.

I'd actually rather be in Canada than anywhere in the US besides Chicago. But if American democracy continues to founder like it is, I may make the move.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

Actually, as someone who did a video project on protests for her criminal law class last year, the government actually has right to intervene, especially with the introduction of blockades as part of their protest.

You have a freedom of expression and a freedom of assembly under section 2 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms but that is limited under section one, something I have said one billion times at this point. As both these articles describe, what the protesters involved have done, basically blocking major roadways to prevent travel, they have no right to do so.

Also, they actually are liable to a criminal offense, Intimidation under the Canadian Criminal code section 423(1) subsections e and g.

423 (1) Every one is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term of not more than five years or is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction who, wrongfully and without lawful authority, for the purpose of compelling another person to abstain from doing anything that he or she has a lawful right to do, or to do anything that he or she has a lawful right to abstain from doing,

(a) uses violence or threats of violence to that person or their intimate partner or children, or injures the person’s property;

(b) intimidates or attempts to intimidate that person or a relative of that person by threats that, in Canada or elsewhere, violence or other injury will be done to or punishment inflicted on him or her or a relative of his or hers, or that the property of any of them will be damaged;

(c) persistently follows that person;

(d) hides any tools, clothes or other property owned or used by that person, or deprives him or her of them or hinders him or her in the use of them;

(e) with one or more other persons, follows that person, in a disorderly manner, on a highway;

(f) besets or watches the place where that person resides, works, carries on business or happens to be; or

(g) blocks or obstructs a highway.

In this case, they forcing people to abstain from travelling due to their use of blockades at multiple borders and major road ways. They are committing a criminal offense. Therefore the government alone is justified in that.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Actually, as someone who did a video project on protests for her criminal law class last year, the government actually has right to intervene, especially with the introduction of blockades as part of their protest.

You have a freedom of expression and a freedom of assembly under section 2 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms but that is limited under section one, something I have said one billion times at this point. As both these articles describe, what the protesters involved have done, basically blocking major roadways to prevent travel, they have no right to do so.

Also, they actually are liable to a criminal offense, Intimidation under the Canadian Criminal code section 423(1) subsections e and g.

423 (1) Every one is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term of not more than five years or is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction who, wrongfully and without lawful authority, for the purpose of compelling another person to abstain from doing anything that he or she has a lawful right to do, or to do anything that he or she has a lawful right to abstain from doing,

(a) uses violence or threats of violence to that person or their intimate partner or children, or injures the person’s property;

(b) intimidates or attempts to intimidate that person or a relative of that person by threats that, in Canada or elsewhere, violence or other injury will be done to or punishment inflicted on him or her or a relative of his or hers, or that the property of any of them will be damaged;

(c) persistently follows that person;

(d) hides any tools, clothes or other property owned or used by that person, or deprives him or her of them or hinders him or her in the use of them;

(e) with one or more other persons, follows that person, in a disorderly manner, on a highway;

(f) besets or watches the place where that person resides, works, carries on business or happens to be; or

(g) blocks or obstructs a highway.

In this case, they forcing people to abstain from travelling due to their use of blockades at multiple borders and major road ways. They are committing a criminal offense. Therefore the government alone is justified in that.

Actually I kind of realize my original comment was pretty stupid. I think I was a little too pissed off about the other topic to be thinking straight.

I in no way support what they are doing.

Once, when I was younger we drove by a Teamster convoy that stretched through three states. I agree if your protest hurts other people, then it's a hypocritical protest.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Actually I kind of realize my original comment was pretty stupid. I think I was a little too pissed off about the other topic to be thinking straight.

I in no way support what they are doing.

Once, when I was younger we drove by a Teamster convoy that stretched through three states. I agree if your protest hurts other people, then it's a hypocritical protest.

Think straight? You mean think gay?

;)

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
For the record:

Donald Trump has claimed that the January 6 rioters were ANTIFA and BLM.

Donald Trump has recently criticized the government for treating members of the riot as political prisoners.

Donald Trump has promised pardons for the January 6 rioters if he is re elected... keeping in mind that he previously said they were ANTIFA and BLM, two groups that he hates.

Why in the fuck would Donald Trump promise to pardon people who were funded by the Clinton's if he is re elected?

Reactions: Rosie

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Because Tom Hanks fiddles kids then eats them....MURICAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Love

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Because Tom Hanks fiddles kids then eats them....MURICAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

My other favorite is this one:

Republicans: Democrats are the racist party because they were of the party of South during the Civil War.

Democrats: Okay, if that was our mistake, we recognize that and request that you take down the statues of Confederate traitors that you claim we support.

Republicans: But that's my hertiage!

Please see the hypocrisy

• Haha
Reactions: Deezy