The Rock and John Cena more similar then people think?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Just watched a few old Rock promos and is it just me or are these two a lot more similar than people give them credit for?

• Both got so over as heels they had to be turned face, during or slightly after mid card title runs.
  • Both are media darlings, in 2000 Rock was everywhere he even had a cd at one point.
  • Both are regarded as having limited move sets
  • Both were / are hated by some in the IWC during their primes for being limited and repetitive ( Here here )
  • Both utilized ridiculous show moves - Spinebuster peoples elbow / protoplex into the 5 knuckle shuffle.
  • Both had the WWE look.
  • Both got over on their mic work.

There are more similarities and more difference but these two are portrayed as polar opposites by some people but they seem to be a lot closer then people believe.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I've said this for so long now and I get shot down by Rock marks. If anything, Cena could do more than Rock as he was a lot stronger (FU to Big Show for example).

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Randy Savage said:
Rock Promo>KUNG POW BITCH Cena promo! Any more question?

Yes, did you have to write that on your wrist? After all what ever Rock says you seem to copy. Also can you dispute my point about the similarities between the two? This isn't a thread of who's better rather comparing the two and their similar traits.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
seabs said:
Yes, did you have to write that on your wrist? After all what ever Rock says you seem to copy. Also can you dispute my point about the similarities between the two? This isn't a thread of who's better rather comparing the two and their similar traits.

Rock did NOT WRITE ANYTHING ON WRIST!

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Randy Savage said:
Rock did NOT WRITE ANYTHING ON WRIST!

http://wweforums.net/showthread.php?tid=2181

3f17df51602cf4dfd3d85a5f9337154f.jpg

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Their careers are similar, but The Rock's time had much more talent to fight against, and you needed to be REAL DEAL in order to succeed. The Rock is much better actor than Cena, that's why he went to Hollywood, it was a logical next step for his career. Cena's acting is horrible, and it's great news for his fanboys, because he's gonna stay in 'E for at least 10 more years and shooting their crappy movies.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
The Rock was on top for a 3 year period, while Cena has been pushed as a top face for 6+ years

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
The Rock was on top for a 3 year period, while Cena has been pushed as a top face for 6+ years

uh b/c Cena is a PG BITCH! WWE does push anyone else! If The Rock had wrestle in this Era he would Champion WAY MORE THE CENA WOULD HAVE EVER BEEN! :rock: