The Reason Behind Rey Getting the Title (ugh)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
-- The main event for tomorrow's NXT has been announced to be Cody Rhodes taking on NXT rookie Lucky Cannon.

-- Regarding Rey Mysterio's World Heavyweight Championship victory at Sunday night's Fatal 4-Way pay-per-view, the title switch was done for a few reasons.

For starters, company officials were unhappy with Jack Swagger's reign as Champion as he hadn't gotten over to the degree they would have liked. It's also being said that Mysterio has been unhappy the company as of late and this was management's way of appeasing him.

Additionally, plans for Mysterio to take a month long vacation were scrapped when The Undertaker went down with multiple facial injuries, so giving him a title run persuaded him to stick around.

Source: ewrestlingnews

Ok because you gave Swagger a chance to be a good champ by making him lose all the damn time and by booking him in match openers. The Fuck?!

-TJ-

Reaction score
The reason why Swagger wasn't over as champion is because he was booked as a Main event jobber... >.>

Blue...

Kaedon

Reaction score
that and he has the charisma of a Blue chimp.

Axis

Reaction score
That and Rey Mysterio has had the best in-ring work the past year-and-a-half of anybody in the WWE.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Rey pulled a Carlito. Said he was unhappy, bam got a push or in this case a title.

And I guess I'm the only one that enjoyed Swagger's promos.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
That and Rey Mysterio has had the best in-ring work the past year-and-a-half of anybody in the WWE.

A lot of guys have good in-ring work doesn't change the fact that his last title reign turned me off of Smackdown for months.

Klide

Reaction score
Rey pulled a Carlito. Said he was unhappy, bam got a push or in this case a title.

And I guess I'm the only one that enjoyed Swagger's promos.

I enjoyed them also. But I guess it just the "CURSE OF ME MITB" Where in that title reign they cashed their MITB is always a SHORT reign.

Reaction score
^^Because it was booked incredibly similar to Swagger's reign? The only difference is that Rey draws MADDDDDDD money and is a great fuckin worker. Swagger is improving but he was in no way ready for a title push, but hopefully by the time his number is called again he'll be ready.

The only person who deserves a title reign as much as Rey is Big Show, but it's just sad that his reign is an appeasement instead of a reward. But I understand it, because of all the workers that the E could lose to TNA, Rey would probably be the most pivotal as he'd take his massive latino audience with him. Hopefully his reign is booked fairly this time, maybe it's time for a Christian heel turn.

-TJ-

Reaction score
Yeah. I agree it makes perfect sense for WWE to want to keep Mysterio above anyone. It still is sad though that Rey won it for the way he did. Also I agree too that Big Show could use a reign, I think he deserves it.

Klide

Reaction score
^^Because it was booked incredibly similar to Swagger's reign? The only difference is that Rey draws MADDDDDDD money and is a great fuckin worker. Swagger is improving but he was in no way ready for a title push, but hopefully by the time his number is called again he'll be ready.

The only person who deserves a title reign as much as Rey is Big Show, but it's just sad that his reign is an appeasement instead of a reward. But I understand it, because of all the workers that the E could lose to TNA, Rey would probably be the most pivotal as he'd take his massive latino audience with him. Hopefully his reign is booked fairly this time, maybe it's time for a Christian heel turn.
Hopefully he wins MITB , Which he should have one at Mania.

maty619

Reaction score
WTF, Swagger was amazingly over, was I the only one that heard those multiple boos every time he cut a promo. WTF, this is just a way to get the title back on Punk? If anyone in the WWE deserves multiple title reigns it is Rey Mysterio, my bias aside he is the best in ring worker WWE have right now perhaps after Chris Jerico, he deserves more than that one title reign he had possibly because Eddie died. Rey has a right to complain, he is one of the most over superstars on Smackdown, he is THE best in ring worker on Smackdown, regardless of his characters and not Punk like amazing promos Rey is the most deserving of a title reign and has a right to complain about the fact that he has been pushed to the side multiple (yes, that is the 3rd time I have said multiple in this post) times.

noumenon

Reaction score
I think Swagger was over in an "I legit don't ever want to see this guy on my television ever again... and also hope he gets herpes" kind of way. Though it's heat, it's not necessarily the kind of heat you want a wrestler to have. Instead of tuning in to see them get beat, you're turning the TV off because you can't stand them.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
His promos were good to a point. But they would start going on and on for too long. I was thinking Mysterio would have a title reign much like his 1st, but no way they book to World champ jobbers to guys in a row, would they?

For starters, company officials were unhappy with Jack Swagger's reign as Champion as he hadn't gotten over to the degree they would have liked

:lmao