The RAW midcard is awful

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mat Awesome

Reaction score
I think that all of WWE's midcard sucks. The midcard matches are ALWAYS between a face like Christian against a jobber/heel Carlito, or vise-versa like a face/jobber Matt Hardy against a heel DH Smith. The whole WWE midcard is shit compared to TNA. At least in TNA there aren't always jobber vs non-jobber matches. This is one thing that really bugs me.

Airfixx

With christian, tatsu and regal back on raw does the mid card still suck? I thinks a damn good improvement if you ask me. Now just book them right. I can see most of them on superstars now anyways.

...And here in lies the problem.

S'not like lack of talent was the issue to start with.

IMO it was a poor call to move Tatsu to Raw... He's a wrestling-heavy kinda character who's been largely kept away from the mic for ovbvious reasons hense more suited to the SD format... Plus, SD could do with an up and coming face in the mid-card cos all the got on that side of the fence is Finlay, Hardy & (depending on what week it is) Kane.

Meanwhile Christian & Regal join the queue to challenge for the US title and will do fuck all in the meantime. : o/

LKP

I would have put tatsu and regal on smackdown and zeke and Archer .on raw.

straight_edge76

Honestly, with the exception of Christan and maybe Regal everybody that was moved to Raw I am afraid will get totally buried. I wouldn't be suprised if within 4-5 months a few of the former ECW guys end up in TNA.

noumenon

...And here in lies the problem.

S'not like lack of talent was the issue to start with.

IMO it was a poor call to move Tatsu to Raw... He's a wrestling-heavy kinda character who's been largely kept away from the mic for ovbvious reasons hense more suited to the SD format... Plus, SD could do with an up and coming face in the mid-card cos all the got on that side of the fence is Finlay, Hardy & (depending on what week it is) Kane.

Meanwhile Christian & Regal join the queue to challenge for the US title and will do fuck all in the meantime. : o/

Yoshi is also ripe for comedy pairings which makes him perfect for RAW. I personally can't stand the guy so he's the least of my concerns. I just hope Christian, Ryder and Regal find decent spots on the card.

LKP

Ryder on raw? Well that's his career gone..... or superstars every week.

Mister J

Reaction score
The main event is even worse.

John Cena, Triple H, Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels & Batista

Kaz

Reaction score
Well since Miz has the tag titles as well as the US Title atm it seems like they are making the US title scene not as important. I really feel they need to make him lose either the US Title or the tag title and give him a push in one or the other. Personally I do not care for his tag team with the Big Show and would rather just see him get pushed as a singles wrestler. Which in my opinion would then help make the US title and division seem more important and they could also put more emphasis on the storylines for the title.

Mister J

Reaction score
The RAW main event is awful. I've been watching the same shit for five years.

chessarmy

Someone close this thread, with ECW shutting down both RAW and Smackdown! now have deep rosters and I'm sure after the draft/roster cuts, lots of the guys who don't necessarily get TV time atm will get their chance to shine.

Airfixx

^^^So less shows means more time for the already under-exposed midcard to shine?

Think I'm gonna need a little more explanation to buy into that theory somehow.