The Rapid Fall Of Jinder Mahal

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Here’s how Triple H vs. Jinder Mahal played out in India

So...the WWE didn't even put Jinder over in his home country...

Wow...I guess this serves as a middle finger to India for their
citizens not subscribing to the network.
Funny thing is that Triple H had more cheers going for him than Jinder.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, want the biggest pop in India put the John Cena in a match with any easily hate able heel. Or have the heel just go "your country sucks" like Enzo did lol

I mean, this crowd was chanting for Roman. Kayfabe is still a thing here in the sense they will always cheer the faces.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
not to be rude but did anyone actually wanna see Jinder beat Triple H? I know I didn't. It shocked me that Jinder even got such a big match against Trips in the first place. Apparently he even got to kick out of a pedigree and on top of that HHH even put him over during the post match segment too, so that's already way more than I expected them to do with that.
In my eyes, I'd almost say Jinder got more publicity from losing to Triple H in a somewhat competitive match, than from beating someone random for a small hometown pop, especially because Jinder's not as over in India as most people think. He gets more cheers than in the US but it's not like through the roof. After all, Indian people also have a taste in wrestling and don't just follow whoever represents their country
So...your saying Jinder benefited more from loosing
to Triple H than he would have getting the win?

I just want to clarify that is what you are stating...

And I'd rather see anyone defeat Triple H because...
HE'S A 50 YEAR OLD HAS-BEEN WHO IS SIMPLY
TAKING SPOTS & FOCUS AWAY FROM THE STARS
THE COMPANY SHOULD BE BUILDING UP FOR THE
SAKE OF THEIR FUTURE!!!

I mean, this crowd was chanting for Roman.
Wow...no wonder the WWE wanted to tap into that
market. Maybe they could hold a Wrestlemania there
so the biggest show of the year wouldn't end to a chorus
of boos.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
So...your saying Jinder benefited more from loosing
to Triple H than he would have getting the win?

I just want to clarify that is what you are stating...

And I'd rather see anyone defeat Triple H because...
HE'S A 50 YEAR OLD HAS-BEEN WHO IS SIMPLY
TAKING SPOTS & FOCUS AWAY FROM THE STARS
THE COMPANY SHOULD BE BUILDING UP FOR THE
SAKE OF THEIR FUTURE!!!
it's a house show, come on. It's not like Jinder is this hot up and comer who's gonna be the next face of the company and he just lost to Trips on a big PPV or something. Let's just say, if someone like Styles would have lost to Triple H on a house show, I'd question it more than this but at the end of the day, it would still just be a house show. Back in the day you weren't even supposed to know what went down during a house show. There is barely any real connection to the product you see on TV whatsoever. For example, the Singh Brothers were still out there with Jinder even though he turned on em recently.
House shows, especially the ones outside of the US, are here for people to see their favorite guys perform live and that's literally it. Triple H vs Mahal wasn't booked to help either one of them, it was booked so the people of India get the treat of having a legend of the business be in the ring with their hometown boy. This will sound like a disclaimer, but wins and losses on house shows don't effect anything you see on TV. It's usually the guy who's more over gets to win the match and in this case it's Triple H.

It's also ok to have older guys win from time to time. Otherwise there would be no benefit of having them put people over. Jericho is an example of that, more and more people went over Jericho and after some time, people just didn't take him serious anymore because he just turned into an upper card enhancement talent from 2012 to early 2016 where people almost expected him to lose every match he had on PPV.
You can give Triple H a lot of shit for times when he went over where he shouldn't have but then you also gotta bring up the times where he put over guys like Bryan, Reigns or Rollins in (almost) back to back Manias. You can't always make veterans lose, after a while you'll make them tarnish their credibility and you won't be able to book them in big matches anymore

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
You can't always make veterans lose, after a while you'll make them tarnish their credibility and you won't be able to book them in big matches anymore
And I personally don't want the WWE booking veterans in "big matches"
unless they are going to put over the younger/newer talent.

Just my opinion...

Crimson

Reaction score
He won't be a jobber again, but won't be a main eventer either. Somewhere on the middle, I guess.
I see him as a US Champion and have an anti-US type gimmick, kinda like Rusev had before being eaten by Cena at Wrestlemania 31.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Jinder Mahal ‘knows’ he’s going to get a Brock Lesnar match in the future

200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Look...I'm not going to sit here and declare Jnder is a great worker...because he isn't...
but...
The guy (much like another WWE performer I won't mentioned) was pushed too far
too fast without a proper build & has now basically been ditched as a failed experiment
of the company trying (And failing) to appeal to a large, foreign market.

I actually like Jinder & I was actually 110% behind his original World title win...but...like
I've said...the WWE went the wrong way about it & the company (and SmackDown especially)
suffered because of this.

I personally don't want Jinder to become a lower card jobber again...but...the WWE needs
to find the right place & story for him...and I don't think the "Evil Foreign Heel" will help him...
or the company.

If the WWE wants to book Lesnar vs. Mahal...then fine...good for Jinder...I won't watch or
care about the match because well...Lesnar...but I do hope that eventually Jinder finds his
place in the WWE...and doesn't eventually end up on Impact in 12 months.

Lets Not Hinder Jinder!

I've always wanted to use that line...