The Rapid Fall Of Jinder Mahal

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
I think it's a crap article. Jinder is about to headline in India vs Triple H. You can't hinder Jinder. He's here to stay, whether anyone wants to accept it or not. That's fine, it just helps his heat.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I can't see him being a jobber again, he will likely end up lost in the black-hole with other one and done champs.
They will stick him on house shows for while to make us forget what happened. lol

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I admit, I have NO Interest in watching him...

My impression is that they felt that putting the belt on him would elevate him in the eyes of the fans, much like it did with JBL when he first won the WWE belt. JBL was a jobber in singles matches but had been successful in tag teams and quite popular in them as well.

But JBL had some success. Jinder never did. He jobbed as a singles wrestler, jobbed in tag teams. He was only elevated by getting the title shot. And then when he won the belt, from Orton no less, nothing had really changed. He is a lousy wrestler, not fun to watch and didn't improve one iota from when he was a jobber. Maybe if he put on better matches it would have been different. But he didn't. Jinder as a champion wrestled nearly exactly the same as Jinder as a jobber and that was the problem. How are you the ultimate jobber and you become and remain champion by wrestling exactly the same? Nonsense.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Well...I have to be honest and say I was happy when the WWE first put
the belt on Jinder...mainly because it seemed like such a left field move...
and while I understand it was done to appeal to a foreign market...I still
liked it.

But...like most ideas/choices the WWE have/make...Jinder's reign just
dragged on for far too long...and his main title defenses were not very
appealing to watch.

In fact...the only real highlight in Jinder's reign for me was him fending off
the Baron Corbin cash-in attempt.

Now the Styles/Jinder title match on SmackDown was great...but A.J has
the ability to make most if not everyone he works with look like a million
bucks.

I hope Jinder doesn't just disappear after his title rematch (whenever that is)
but...its hard to know what the WWE will do with him.

Also...I really like his finisher for some reason...I think its just the name...
The Khallas...it just sounds epic & somewhat biblical.

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
I admit, I have NO Interest in watching him...
And this is why he needs that belt back.
I loved hearing the wind get sucked out of the crowd every time he hooks a dude for his move. The Pavlovian response to his wins.

He’s a real heel. The massive denial of his skill by young wrestling fans (present company) is great. It’s like 2000 Triple H. So many BS excuses why he shouldn’t be champ.

Reactions: Red Rain

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
Well...I have to be honest and say I was happy when the WWE first put
the belt on Jinder...mainly because it seemed like such a left field move...
and while I understand it was done to appeal to a foreign market...I still
liked it.

But...like most ideas/choices the WWE have/make...Jinder's reign just
dragged on for far too long...and his main title defenses were not very
appealing to watch.

In fact...the only real highlight in Jinder's reign for me was him fending off
the Baron Corbin cash-in attempt.

Now the Styles/Jinder title match on SmackDown was great...but A.J has
the ability to make most if not everyone he works with look like a million
bucks.

I hope Jinder doesn't just disappear after his title rematch (whenever that is)
but...its hard to know what the WWE will do with him.

Also...I really like his finisher for some reason...I think its just the name...
The Khallas...it just sounds epic & somewhat biblical.
How many wrestling fans on the internet pose this same bullshit argument about one wrestler CARRYING another.

Sure his match with AJ was great, but he deserves zero credit for it. Smarten up.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Reactions: Nikki Nitro

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
This article is reaching pretty hard. I think he'll be upper-mid card/Jobber to the stars until creative completely loses interest. He's headlining a tour with Triple H so I mean he's obviously still in high regards with someone in Stamford who knows how long that'll last. The only thing that can be guaranteed is that he won't be a 2 time WWE champion, if creative want to continue the Jinder experiment just put the US title on him.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
HHH seems to have a hard on for him so he be fine, who cares if he is a one and done heavyweight champ possibly, he done it when other better wrestlers never achieved this. Though having two titles for this devalues the achievement greatly imo. Bork has the one that means anything right now

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
It's a shame that his match with AJ was the one match that showcased the value of Jinder with a belt.

He's great when he's the big bastard that smaller guys can bump off of. Makes his offence look great and makes for simple but great comeback stories.

Jinder with a midcard belt doing stuff like that would be just fine. But now he is going to be blamed for bad houses when it is the brand itself that is just not drawing that well (the one guy who has been on Smackdown with any impact on the houses is still John Cena).

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Jinder with a midcard belt doing stuff like that would be just fine.

If the writing improves and they book these guys better, absolutely. But both SmackDown and Raw struggle more often than not so putting anyone over right now is a joke. They had other great non-American heels building... Rusev, Cesaro, Sheamus, Wade Barrett (to name a few)... And they managed to screw all them up too. Cesaro and Sheamus are doing fine as a team now but look at all the crap they both had to go through. Rusev is still not being used properly and Wade, well. Ehh. It is a mess.