The quality of WWE is about to go down

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
WWE informed all of their announcers this week to refer to talent as “entertainersâ€￾ instead of wrestlers or even Superstars effective immediately. According to reports, the decision is part of an organized effort towards getting WWE re-classified as an entertainment touring event as opposed to a legitimate sporting event. The hope internally within WWE is that by doing this it will take the power away from the Athletic Commissions in certain states and keep the company from having to pay taxes on their events.

- WZRradio.com

:disgust1:

Wrestling Station

This will save them from steriod policy :yes: Go Batista GO! lol ( :( )

the dark knight

how is a "word" going to affect the quality of the show? :shifty:

edit-

by "the show", i mean raw. fuck the rest

Soulpower

Meh. At least its not as bad as the "ZOMG WWE UNIVERSE!!" bullshit.

Kaedon

Reaction score
why am I not surpsised that Roxxi started this crap? What are they supposed to be called? ATHELETES? Because thats only PART of what they are.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
why am I not surpsised that Roxxi started this crap? What are they supposed to be called? ATHELETES? Because thats only PART of what they are.
Kaedon, I don't expect you to know this, but there's this thing called "kayfabe." No, really! It's pronounced kay, as in the letter K, then fabe, as in the first half of the word "fable." Now see, "kayfabe" means the world on screen that we are shown, but is not actually real. Well, it's tricky to describe. The wrestlers are real. Their personalities are not. Now, the wrestlers, who are real, use their personalities, which are not real, to get into arguments and fights that, though they are real, they are not real in the sense that they are not actually occuring for the reasons given by the wrestlers, who are real, when they talk to us when using their personalities that are not real. Really!

Think of it as watching a play, except with less gayness. Well, men in underwear trying to pin each other... less verbal and scenario gayness.

Now you see, when you call one of the superstars a wrestler, it supports "kayfabe." However, if you call a wrestler an entertainer, you are calling him something that, though real, it is not real in the sense that it is not really what the wrestler is trying to do when he goes out and wrestles, but really does not wrestle. Therefore, calling a wrestler an "entertainer" BREAKS "kayfabe", resulting in a lesser viewing enjoyment ratio on the part of those of us who tune in to see real wrestlers really wrestle but not in the sense that the wrestling is not real.

Understand? No? Ok, short version:

2lm475z.jpg

chessarmy

^ :roflmao: that was great.

This is kind of stupid imo, its like WWE is trying to separate themselves from wrestling

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
I like entertainers better than superstars. At least they are actually what they're called. What exactly defines a superstar? I think performers would be best though.....of course that's only if they don't call them wrestlers.

The Ripper

Reaction score
This makes no difference what so ever to the product WWE will be putting out. They all go out and try to entertain the fans in some way or form so being called Entertainers is exactly what they are.

J

Time for my two cents. Why should what a wrestlers called matter. For god sakes they could call them faeries and I guarantee you would all still watch. So yea just get over it and move on. Besides what they call the wrestlers is the least of there concerns right now.