The PS4 and next generation Xbox make an enemy before conception

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
And a pretty frightening one at that.

Valve Confirms Linux-based Steam Box

Xi3′s Piston: A Steam Box Emerges, Sort Of | TIME.com

The good news is, I can now upgrade my PC to an eight core without any hesitation and be assured of quality games for a while, given how this "Steambox" will probably be playing the role of a living room miniature gaming PC, thereby hopefully giving the PC some new exclusive games instead of diluted console hand me downs.

Thoughts?

Just give me Half Life 3 for PC along with it's launch and I'll be happy.

EDIT: Note how the article mentions "modular design...." It's basically a gaming PC which CAN be upgraded..

Last edited:

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Things get cooler and cooler for PC gamers. I always thought that if Microsoft and Sony were ever to have their market share seriously threatened, it would be by Apple or Valve.

I don't know tech stuff so let me see if I've got this right: It's a device that pretty much allows you to bring your PC gaming over to your television? If so, is this intended for people who already on board with Valve's Steam service and PC gamers awaiting such a transition, or is it intended as kind of a launch pad to get into PC gaming for people like me?

The entire concept has me intruiged, but I don't know enough about the hardware being used to understand exactly what this Steam Box does and whether its ultimately for me.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
This is something I'd be very keen on. Especially considering I am already with Steam, so I'm curious as to how this affects us if at all.

This is something I'd be very keen on. Especially considering I am already with Steam, so I'm curious as to how this affects us if at all.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I don't know tech stuff so let me see if I've got this right: It's a device that pretty much allows you to bring your PC gaming over to your television? If so, is this intended for people who already on board with Valve's Steam service and PC gamers awaiting such a transition, or is it intended as kind of a launch pad to get into PC gaming for people like me?

It's basically a miniature gaming PC for the living room, which is intended to complement/replace your console I guess. I don't see why anyone who already has a gaming PC with a full HD LCD monitor would go for another PC. So the latter yes, I guess it's for the living room gamers who want to get into PC gaming.