• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Pope To Turn Heel when he returns

TNA don't think things through. Back then, it just feels like the right thing to do, but now they should just be both faces, at least for awhile. Who the fuck comes back a heel.

Hey I've got a great idea. Let's take one of the few wrestlers who's credibility hasn't been destroyed and is massively over with the crowd and turn him heel. #TNAFail

Axis

An Anderson/Burke feud would have been pretty awesome if Anderson was the heel and Burke was the face. The Pope is SUCH a sympathetic babyface, and Anderson is a great dickhead heel. They're decent, but not nearly as entertaining the other way imo.

Double J

Hey I've got a great idea. Let's take one of the few wrestlers who's credibility hasn't been destroyed and is massively over with the crowd and turn him heel. #TNAFail

But Pope isn't one of Vince's...I mean Hogan's...boys. The Pope was there before Hogan so Hogan doesn't care. He did bring in Anderson though and I'm pretty sure Hogan is thinking "Hey, Anderson could be my Stone Cold!" so he doesn't care about what happens to Pope, his push he was getting, or his credibility.

Man, wasn't he supposed to be a heel when he first came to TNA? lol

Another confusing and likely failed turn in TNA.

He was and in an interesting feud with Suicide that just dropped out of existence and went no where. Then suddenly Pope shows up helping Suicide and other faces like nothing had ever happened. Now don't get me wrong, I like the Pope better as a face, but TNA/Russo sucks at having things make sense...

The Pope as heel is fine, as long as TNA realizes that he's still going to get cheered over everyone besides Anderson, Joe and face AJ.

I can't say I understand turning him though. If anything Anderson and Pope as the Pimptastic Assholes would have been kickass. They should team Pope and Anderson up, then turn Hardy heel if anything...

JurassicBonez

I wanted The Pope's and Anderson's feud to pick back up once Pope returned, but not like this. I thought the reason they turned Pope face was because of the reactions he was getting when he was a heel? Dinero was getting like the 3rd biggest reaction there at one point. The hell are they doing?

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Someone has to be a heel in this feud, and both of them get cheered out of the building regardless of what they do. It's pretty much a stupid decision to turn either of them at this point, but if you want the feud to pick up as a bunch of you seem to, then the whining. Stop it.

Axis

Someone has to be a heel in this feud, and both of them get cheered out of the building regardless of what they do. It's pretty much a stupid decision to turn either of them at this point, but if you want the feud to pick up as a bunch of you seem to, then the whining. Stop it.

I recall Anderson getting huuuuge heel heat, especially in his feud with Angle. He was at the top of his heel game, and then they turned him face.

...god...

The crowd pretty much turned him face, like Orton. Honestly wish the main event was like: Faces - Pope, Anderson, Joe (HM: Hernandez and maybe Lethal or MCMG). Heels - Wolfe, AJ, Abyss (HM: Daniels). But yeah, whatever, that'd be after RVD, Hardy, Angel inevitably leave.

JurassicBonez

The crowd pretty much turned him face, like Orton. Honestly wish the main event was like: Faces - Pope, Anderson, Joe (HM: Hernandez and maybe Lethal or MCMG). Heels - Wolfe, AJ, Abyss (HM: Daniels). But yeah, whatever, that'd be after RVD, Hardy, Angel inevitably leave.

Take about Abyss and add in Matt Morgan and that's good with me.