The Political Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
This election was honestly a disaster for both parties. The GOP insistence to keep relying on Trump backed candidates flopped hard and its decision to keep running on its single biggest losing platform stopped the red wave they were honestly heavily forecasted to have now.

This however isn’t the win for the Democrats it should have been. Trump and the social issues should have saw the GOP losing significant seats and somehow there’s still a chance they might still win either the house or senate.

It shows you that Biden’s administration is woefully unpopular and if the Republicans learned any lessons from 2020, there would have been a massive red wave.

2024 will be a most interesting election if both parties actually look at these midterm results and adjust plans.

If Biden and Trump dominate again, both parties are screwed. Both need to new plans and new candidates.
in positive news your state elected a lesbian governor and that's pretty dope

Reactions: Doom

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Conservatives vs. Conservatives. A battle that keeps on giving.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
well right now there's also trumpism vs no trumpism republicans which is why Biden didn't get rekt. this is like, one of the worst results for a party no in power in a midterm in like....a long time. reddit said almost 60+ years but I dont believe it without data

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Honestly the Alaskan election makes me giggle. They allow more than person per party run and the two people that are nearly tied and vying in a close race are both Republicans. The Democrats are like 8% of the polls.

Which is just funny the state is shaded light pink in a might turn Republican, but honestly not in doubt. It’s just which red Republican on the ticket is winning the seat, lol.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
well right now there's also trumpism vs no trumpism republicans which is why Biden didn't get rekt. this is like, one of the worst results for a party no in power in a midterm in like....a long time. reddit said almost 60+ years but I dont believe it without data
i was just talking about the Democrats vs. the Republicans.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

This.

Even Fox News posted an article saying it might be time to move on from Trump because the only ones to do anything significant weren’t Trump style Republicans.

And agreed. That’s what I’m saying. It’s the least shifted midterm elections I’ve seen in a longtime. A sitting President either pickups extra seats or loses heavily.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
i was just talking about the Democrats vs. the Republicans.
while that's a fun joke to make at times, I don't think the UK is in a much better position to be speaking about political incompetence :slip:

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
This.

Even Fox News posted an article saying it might be time to move on from Trump because the only ones to do anything significant weren’t Trump style Republicans.

And agreed. That’s what I’m saying. It’s the least shifted midterm elections I’ve seen in a longtime. A sitting President either pickups extra seats or loses heavily.
every neutral article I've read has basically painted this as not so much a victory for the dems but a staunch rejection of trumpism for the Republicans. if both trump and de santis run its gonna be bad news for republicans in 2024. they need to dump trump but i dunno if they can or will.

Agree with you, gonna be an intresting a.f 2024. If Biden doesn't run it might be even be better for Dems too but man so much can happen unti lthen. we might even be at war for all we know

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
while that's a fun joke to make at times, I don't think the UK is in a much better position to be speaking about political incompetence :slip:

no joke. most democrats would still be seen as quite hardcore conservatives. thats why mid-terms are always popcorn time.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah, that’s pretty dope.
I did read up more on MA today and I can see why you are more hopeful than some, you're in a unique state where for up to pretty much now, youve had moderate Dems and Rs run the state and never crazies.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I did see a few days ago that Trump was planning to announce a re-election bid soon after mid-terms, we'll see how that goes over

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
This election was honestly a disaster for both parties. The GOP insistence to keep relying on Trump backed candidates flopped hard and its decision to keep running on its single biggest losing platform stopped the red wave they were honestly heavily forecasted to have now.

This however isn’t the win for the Democrats it should have been. Trump and the social issues should have saw the GOP losing significant seats and somehow there’s still a chance they might still win either the house or senate.

It shows you that Biden’s administration is woefully unpopular and if the Republicans learned any lessons from 2020, there would have been a massive red wave.

2024 will be a most interesting election if both parties actually look at these midterm results and adjust plans.

If Biden and Trump dominate again, both parties are screwed. Both need to new plans and new candidates.
I mean, in the history of US Politics, a president has managed to maintain control of congress only twice.

So I dunno if you can call it a disaster when it was within expected bounds.

Actually, a lot of political pundits are saying this was not nearly as bad for Democrats as it could have been.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
every neutral article I've read has basically painted this as not so much a victory for the dems but a staunch rejection of trumpism for the Republicans. if both trump and de santis run its gonna be bad news for republicans in 2024. they need to dump trump but i dunno if they can or will.

Agree with you, gonna be an intresting a.f 2024. If Biden doesn't run it might be even be better for Dems too but man so much can happen unti lthen. we might even be at war for all we know

The only thing I would disagree with you on is DeSantis. He’s not really a Trump guy in the strictest sense and is the only Republican that not only swept his election, but lead to massive wins for the red team in his state.

Trump is also already threatening DeSantis not to run because he sees him as his only real threat for the nom.

If he runs, it’ll be a wrecking ball election season and the Democrats will need to make hard choices. Especially for the people that hate what he stands for. If you don’t want him to win, you’ll need to force Biden out of running and make sure they run with candidates that have a strong opposition to his platform and are popular with youth.

However, an all out Trump and DeSantis primary could destroy the party’s chances. Trump is such a tornado he could potentially destroy DeSantis so badly that even if he wins, he polls less than he should and Biden still wins.

Both parties have hard choices and if they can keep either Trump or Biden from running, best for everyone.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
"It coulda been worse" is about all I'd say, nothing to celebrate with the way some states voted still

Reactions: Hidden Blaze