The Perfect Band

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JimmyD

Reaction score
There's a lot of Disturbed love up in here. Not necessarily a bad thing, though I thought all their albums bar the first sucked pretty badly, with the exception of a few songs.

J

Hmmm idk what your talkin about cuase Ten Thousand Fists was an awesome album and I heard there newest one was amazing too.

JimmyD

Reaction score
Same shit different name man. Disturbed are about as innovative as Joe Satriani when it comes to doing something new with the talent they have. Don't get me wrong, they've had some really good songs and I really liked their first album, but every album after that is just a rehash, and a poorly done one at that.

Reaction score
Frontman (Rythym Guitar + Vocals) - Dave Mustaine (Megadeth)
Honorable Mention: Chuck Schuldiner (Death)

Lead Guitar - Dimebag Darrell (Pantera)
Honorable Mention: Daron Malakian (System of a Down)

Bass - Cliff Burton (Metallica)
Honorable Mention: Steve Harris (Iron Maiden) and Thomas Miller (Symphony X)

Drums: Jason Rullo (Symphony X)
Honorable Mention: Dave Lombardo (Slayer, Testament, John Zorn, Apocalyptica, Fantomas, Grip Inc, Voodoocult)

Lyricist/Songwriter: Kerry King (Slayer)

Wordlife

All of Disturbed's albums are good.. especially their newest one Indestructible, its by far one of their best (second to The Sickness of course =] )

Sam thats a good ass list btw

noumenon

Some of these jumps are mindblowing to me...lol.
How could you possibly jump from Dimebag to fuckin Daron Malakian?

From that talentless fuck Kerry King to Chuck Schulinder?....wow.

Sorry..I'm turning this into a debate...lol

Reaction score
Why not dude? Its about who you want in your band, not who has the most talent. If I were going for talent I would have picked neo-classical artists like Malmsteen. Srsly dood.

Kizza

Frontman (Rythym Guitar + Vocals) - Dave Mustaine (Megadeth)

Lead Guitar - Dimebag Darrell (Pantera)
Honorable Mention: Daron Malakian (System of a Down)

Bass - Cliff Burton (Metallica)
Honorable Mention: Steve Harris (Iron Maiden) and Thomas Miller (Symphony X)

Drums: Jason Rullo (Symphony X)
Honorable Mention: Dave Lombardo (Slayer, Testament, John Zorn, Apocalyptica, Fantomas, Grip Inc, Voodoocult)

Lyricist/Songwriter: Kerry King (Slayer)

You better not have given Kerry King songwriting just for Angel Of Death.

JimmyD

Reaction score
Why not dude? Its about who you want in your band, not who has the most talent. If I were going for talent I would have picked neo-classical artists like Malmsteen. Srsly dood.

Playing fast and talent are not the same thing. Hendrix had talent, Slash has talent, Page has talent, Malmsteen has fast fingers.

Kizza

Well, Malmsteen is a different type of music to Hendrix, Slash, Page and that. He's more focused on playing fast, while the other three are much more all rounded when it comes to that.

noumenon

That's all he does is play past. There is so little emotion in his music, no feeling at all.

Reaction score
But he still has talent. You talk about me jumping around. You just went from talking abou talent to talking about emotion. Make up your fucking mind.

And, no, not just picking Kerry King for Angel of Death.

Ghostbusters420

Reaction score
Lead singer-Jonny craig(emarosa/isles and glaciers)
Guitar-wes borland(limp bizkit)
Bass-Nikki sixx(motley cure)
Drums-Aaron Gillespie (Underoath)
synth-James Baney(devil wears prada)

JimmyD

Reaction score
But the three that I mentioned are innovators. They took guitars and did things with them that had never been done before, and that's the key difference between being a skilled guitarist and being an innovator - in my mind: true talent. Those guys spoke through their instruments, whereas Malmsteen, along with the likes of Stariani, just seem to say "Look how good I am." Credit where it's due though: Malmsteen created the neo-classical style pretty much single handedly and as such he's certainly more innovative than a lot of guitarists, but as far as I'm concerned neo-classical is nothing more than super-fast picking, with some shred and good ol' fashioned guitar wankery tossed in.