The Pandemic Project · Keep Your Distance · RAW · November 9, 2020 ·

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DTP

Reaction score
SRvtzZj.png

06sdhgk.png

qYPPzOD.png

Cbucv43.png

EZfUGZ5.png

Gg0oh8P.png

bgwIioV.png

oAByJUl.png
GVS7zJu.png
XjfktTl.png

Stojy

Reaction score
Obviously booking heel Roman in the still somewhat early stages is really interesting to see. Regardless of what anybody says, the character in real life has been a hit, so will be good to see how you match or do better than that. Heyman having some concerns due to Strowman/Reigns’ history makes sense, but I liked Reigns just swatting them away. Didn’t mind the segment between Strowman and Jeff to add some chemistry to their team, whilst also make it clear they have their own ambitions. The Roman/Jey interaction tonight was good as well and has honestly been a highlight over the past month or so. Assuming this will end up similar to in real life with the entire Bloodline getting together, but at this point, I’m just enjoying the journey. Tag main event worked well to give Strowman a big win, although I’m honestly more interested in Jey’s reaction to being left high and dry. Will be really interesting.

After the epic hot dog eating contest, and The Dirty Dawgz refusing to eat and starting an argument, this match made sense. I don’t mind Ziggler and Roode winning here to probably earn a future title shot. Rose being knocked out obviously adds to the drama, especially considering her and Otis’ history with Ziggler. Solid stuff. Also LOL at how quickly Otis accepted eating that hot dog himself later on in the evening. Tucker potentially having some issues for what I think is the first time could add an interesting dynamic to things. All ended well here, but can’t help but think there’s more to this.

I like The New Day getting an in ring segment to talk about Big E splitting. Makes it feel like a big deal, which it should considering all they’ve done and how long they’ve been together for. Intrigued to see who you put them against for the send off.

Sami Zayn trying to get back together with Cesaro and Nakamura has been entertaining over the past few weeks. Them finally telling them to go away basically is good, and Sami’s this isn’t overline certainly makes me wonder what’s next. Zayn/Gargano IC Title match was obviously really good. I was caught off guard by Sheamus interfering initially, but makes sense due to his alignment with Cesaro and Nakamura previously. Cesaro and Nak’ being annoyed at Sheamus as well wasn’t expected, but the idea of Sheamus and Sami arguing over them (and the IC Title), only for them to leave is pretty funny.

Nothing women’s match really. I guess solid enough win for Team B.A.D, but the main job here was to set the scene for Nikki’s return. Solid progression with that angle here and the match next week between Nikki and Carmella should be interesting. I’m honestly not sure where Alexa stands with all of this at this point, and I like that I’m unsure where the angle will go.

Obviously Sasha was always going over Mickie to keep her momentum heading into her title shot in nine days. Sasha and Bayley’s back and forth was solid enough, touching on their history, although I could have down without the attack from the Southern Belle’s. Don’t think this angle needs all that noise at this point, although wouldn’t surprise if this was used to book a six woman tag next week.

Ember Moon vignettes get a thumbs up from me if it means she’ll get a proper run on the main roster in here.

Eh, I’m just not big at Jerry Lawler getting involved in angles and potentially getting physical at this point. I get the play on the king thing, and Corbin and the royal family (who I really enjoy together) get some heat from it, but just doesn’t hit the mark for me. I guess the positive is with Elias and Morrison getting involved, at least it does something for some additional people on the current roster.

Pretty solid show here, most segments seem to be doing their job. Nothing groundbreaking on this episode, but nothing out of line either. Nice job, and considering how often you post shows, putting a little note in here about bragging for being up to date.

DTP

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reactions: Rasky

Stojy

Reaction score
Honestly looking forward to things freshening up a bit with the draft coming into effect after HIAC. Daniel Bryan to Raw is probably the big one that stands out to me the most. Can't wait to see what he gets up to, considering he finished up on Smackdown in real life before leaving for AEW.

Reactions: DTP

Dubble J

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
I think I prefer the old draft lottery style versus the way WWE does the draft these days, but still, a draft is always fun and a good way to freshen things up. AJ Styles is the first big shake up it looks like. Good, more distancing him from the OC and hopefully letting him flourish without them, haha.

Ooh, women's champ hopping brands. More intrigue! Haha, love the note about her being happy to not have to see Michael Cole again. But looks like she won't get her wish about not seeing Sasha... big win for her to set up what should be an awesome match at HiaC.

Well damn, the Queendom already heading from Raw to Smackdown. Guess it makes sense with Bayley heading to Raw.

Hot dog eating contest! Of course one of Heavy Machinery had to win but this wasn't ending without a beatdown. Fine enough to way to put some heat on Ziggler and Roode.

Pretty cool to have Bryan and Gargano teaming up after Gargano has seemingly earned Bryan's respect with those back to back to back wins. Great pairing.

Surprised to see Jeff still in the fray here for the title and getting a no contest... but looks like we may know the real next challenger with the end of the show having Braun Showman make a point. Seems like a fine enough way to continue to establish Roman's dominance.

Speaking of Braun, interesting to see him jump to Raw immediately after. That should add some spice to when he matches up with Roman.

Edge/Orton in the Cell should be brutal. Looking forward to that.

Aw just when I was saying how much I liked the idea of Bryan and Gargano teaming, they get split up. Haha, go figure. Cool ot see Priest coming up here though. Interesting to see what direction you take him.

Keith Lee! There's a name I like to see and really am hoping he gets the chance he deserves.

Interesting to see the callups in the Raw portion of the draft. Toni Storm will be a fun one to watc too.

And SWERVE!

And then capping the night off, Los Guerreros winning the tag titles was an exciting way to capoff a captivating pair of draft shows.

Hell in a Cell is looking stacked and things feel properly shaken up after the draft. There's a reason why this ranks so high each month DTP. This is a lot of fun.

• Love
Reactions: DTP

Stojy

Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve dropped any comments on NXT UK since proper shows have been back so why not? Valkyrie obviously needed a win in a big return but I don’t think Luna loses to much in the loss. Or maybe I just say that because I’m a fan, I don’t know. The aftermath with Luna and Valkyrie almost banding together of sorts was a nice touch.

Enjoying how big of a deal you’re making Seven’s eye injury to be. One thing lacking in wrestling these days is basically selling anything, so enjoying this as a change of pace. Really looking forward to seeing how the apology segment goes next week.

Pretty Deadly/Aussie Attack segment here was good to progress their issues that only started a few weeks back. Glad to see somewhat of a lower card angle at this stage get the in ring promo treatment, and even more, it’s good to see stuff happening in the tag division outside of the tag champs.

Noam Dar promo was solid enough. Nothing new really added but Falls Count Anywhere match sounds fun next week.

Not much to say about the next match. Guess it looks like you’ll be doing something with Smith and Carter moving forward. In principal, I like the idea of a young tag team doing further training to refine their performance as a team. Makes it feel like more of a sport with the strategic decision made if that makes sense. Simple yet effective.

Holland and Mastiff clearly going to have more problems after this. No issues.

Big time main event. Awesome match. Must say I was pretty happy with WALTER vs. Dragunov being the main event on the show I decided to leave feedback for. Awesome match, big retain for WALTER, but Dragunov doesn’t lose much by not giving up, with the referee calling for the bell due to the probable internal bleeding. Terrific end to the show.

Solid show – topped off with a big-time main event. Was a breeze to read.