The Overrated Thread!!!!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Simple, what do you think is over rated in the entertainment world. Movies, sports, television, music, whatever. Let it out.

MMA- fucking over rated.Yes I said it. For every good fight there are 5 million boring as fuck fights and it certainly isn't as tough as boxing. It's a fad that alot of wannabe toughs have decided to jump aboard.

Lil Wayne- Rap is dead because of beauty queens like this fuck.

Family Guy- it's only funny to people who don't understand subtlety and need the jokes explained to them.Stopped being funny when American Dad hit the air, sort of like how the all the funny from the Simpson's went to Futurama.

The Dark Knight- was a nice movie but slow, not much action and Heath Ledger's performance is over rated as fuck since it was released posthumously. Watchmen>>>The Dark Knight

People's posthumous reps : 2pac sold 500% more albums two years after his death than he did two years before he died, nobody outside of Texas knew who the fuck Selena was before they made a movie about her, motherfuckin Heath Ledger, Curt Cobain all over rated because of their deaths. The only people who were just as large before their deaths as they were after were Lennon, Elvis and Jacko. That's real.

Kobe Bryant: couldn't do it without a big man to defer to. Put LeBron on the Lakers and you have a team challenging for MJ's 96 Bulls record.

Cocaine.

A-Rod, Tom Brady (take away Vinatierri's leg and he's 1-3 in SuperBowls), Auto tune, I-phones (had one and wondered what the big deal was, besides the outlandish bill)

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Lil' Wayne: If he's the best rapper alive, I would have stopped listening to rap a long time ago.

John Morrion, William Regal, Drew McIntrye: Yeah, them.

Daniel Bryan. Yep, I said it.

Denzel Washington: He's alright but I don't see the big hub he gets.

biggs

Reaction score
Personally, I feel that Leonardo DiCaprio is horribly overrated. I can't think of one movie he's been in that I like.
I second Denzel. Solid actor, but not the end all be all he's made out to be.
In terms of music, I also have to agree with the aforementioned Kurt Cobain. The only reason Nirvana is as big as they are is because he killed himself. Had Eddie Veder iced himself, and Cobain was still alive, Pearl Jam and Nirvana would flip-flop on how big they are.
As for TV shows, Lost has got to be one of the most overrated shows of all time. Convoluted simply for the sake of being mysterious, it's not that good of a show at all.

the408kid

Reaction score
Titanic the most overrated movie ever!

biggs

Reaction score
Hear hear on Titanic sucking big time! Seriously, that movie was so overlong and bloated that by the time it got to the good stuff, namely the chaos of the shipwreck, I had long lost interest. Kinda like Avatar...

That being said, I'll throw Avatar and post-Terminator 2 James Cameron into the mix. Terminator, T2, and Aliens all rocked, but since then, Cameron has been totally self-indulgent with his films.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
pro wrestling
football
soccer
Horror movies
i dunno

Moonlight Drive

That being said, I'll throw Avatar and post-Terminator 2 James Cameron into the mix. Terminator, T2, and Aliens all rocked, but since then, Cameron has been totally self-indulgent with his films.
Not to mention completely unoriginal.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Watchmen>>>The Dark Knight

Now that's some bullshit. Watchmen was a longer movie, with less action. Dark Knight's story alone kept you watching, Watchmen made me bored with all the backstories.

Okay, my turn.

Grandma's Boy on terms of being funny. Laughed twice watching it.

Adam Sandler. Yeah I said it.

Elvis.

Family Guy.

Megan Fox. Check the babes section, I've made my case there.

Reaction score
^^^ Yah right, Watchmen had WAYYYYY more action. Dark Knight dulled the fuck out of me. How much Joker-Batman interaction did we get? Like a whole three minutes. That's action?? The prison scene in Watchmen alone was more action than the Dark Knight had. Easily the most over rated movie of the decade.

Jaybsty

Reaction score
Tarantino
Angelina Jolie
Jay-Z
Kevin Garnett
Any Halo game

I'm sure I could think of more

noumenon

Watchmen...zzzZzZzZz

The Hangover.... seriously, not funny at all.

Bryan Danielson

Olivia Wilde, seriously people? I just don't see what the big deal is. She reminds me of a poor man's Kierra Knightley.

ROH in general

Halo

MizMasta3000

MVP - The guy isn't that great

South Park - I hate that show tbh

Jay Z - Seriously, stick to CEOing and stop rapping

Birdman - can't believe people actually like him

Escalators - Walk up the steps fattie!

HBK - C'mon guys he's good but he's not a wrestling god like JBL is pfft.